NFL Regular Season Thread 2019-2020: The Brazen Bahamian Battles Over Eli’s Legacy Til He’s Blue In The Face

C96B4FEF-D4A7-4006-A649-630F73B51B7C.jpeg

LOL

But yet, everything he stated puts his stats and play past Aikman’s stats and play minus one more ring. Can’t keep saying he’ll get in same reason Aikman. That’s just throwing shade because you dislike the team he plays on because their rivals of your eagles. Or at least that what it comes off as.

eli and the giant's last 10 seasons vs the eagles: 4-16

last 5 seasons: 1 - 9

as an eagles fan, i love eli manning

What's not often mentioned with Aikman is that even though his production doesn't jump out at you, he was one of the most accurate Q's of all-time. Not saying that alone warrants the HOF, but he was still really good.

I'm just interjecting though...carry on.

What's not often mentioned with Aikman is that even though his production doesn't jump out at you, he was one of the most accurate Q's of all-time. Not saying that alone warrants the HOF, but he was still really good.

I'm just interjecting though...carry on.

Yup! We were a run heavy team. Aikman would’ve had crazy numbers if he played for the Dolphins or was in a run and shoot offense like the Oilers.

He was one of the few QBs of that era that had a 60+ completion percentage. Other than Steve Young, everyone else had TRASH completion percentage

Lol that’s fine and all, but fact still remains his numbers are better. You can’t use the Aikman argument.

it was a different era of the game.. aikman himself would have better numbers than he did in the 90s if he played now

eli is what he is, not a great QB, sometimes good QB but makes some very odd decisions at times and has had some prays answered like this:

gettyimages-79498412.jpg

as an eagles fan, i love that the giants decided to trade a guy who could do this:

c02.jpg

Yup! We were a run heavy team. Aikman would’ve had crazy numbers if he played for the Dolphins or was in a run and shoot offense like the Oilers.

He was one of the few QBs of that era that had a 60+ completion percentage. Other than Steve Young, everyone else had TRASH completion percentage

And that's a great accomplishment for that era.

I think I was surprised by his season by season numbers because around the time of their first SB run, I was 7 and wasn't a football junkie yet, so I didn't watch a ton of him, but did watch that SB and some playoff games and he was lights out. 8 TDs, 0 picks...so I was like, jeez, this guy is phenomenal. Then the very next SB run, had a 74% completion percentage in the playoffs..so when the playoffs came around and you could watch every game, he looked the part of an undisputed HOFer.

And that's a great accomplishment for that era.

I think I was surprised by his season by season numbers because around the time of their first SB run, I was 7 and wasn't a football junkie yet, so I didn't watch a ton of him, but did watch that SB and some playoff games and he was lights out. 8 TDs, 0 picks...so I was like, jeez, this guy is phenomenal. Then the very next SB run, had a 74% completion percentage in the playoffs..so when the playoffs came around and you could watch every game, he looked the part of an undisputed HOFer.

Yeah. He was injury prone too :lol: :rofl:. But I tell people off talent alone, Aikman was beast. Only threw spirals. We just were a run first team. Hell, he had the all-time leading rusher so, you know, we barely threw the ball :lol:

Back
Top Bottom