NFL Regular Season Thread 2019-2020: The Brazen Bahamian Battles Over Eli’s Legacy Til He’s Blue In The Face

A few years ago, I was at a Steelers game when I inevitably had to piss. In line for the urinals, a fellow Steelers fan asked me what part of Pittsburgh I was from. I let him know I am actually not from Pittsburgh, but my dad was and he raised me on Pittsburgh sports. He proceeded to tell me that I can’t be a Steelers fan, because I am not from Pittsburgh. At first I thought he was joking, but the dickhead was dead serious. Someone a few people back overheard the conversation(?) and said “I am from Jersey and have been a fan my whole life, and you are saying I am not allowed to be one anymore?”. Things between the two escalated, and the Jersey guy said what I thought was the best trash talking line I have ever heard... “Listen, I beat the **** out guys like you on the way to a fight.”

Oh yeah, this took place in M&T Bank Stadium. Our fans are so bad, we can’t even get along while playing an away game with our biggest rival.

:lol:

I’ve always said racism won’t die out until the old white men die out. In America at least. And in regards to the NFL these owners need to get phased out. So this kind of confuses me because I feel like the presence of Jay Z being an owner would be progressive.

Then again I can’t tell if he’s just capitalizing on the misfortune of others solely for financial reasons rather than being genuine.

Weird situation.

I think that's where the situation lies is where Hov's intent is

But at the end of the day I won't knock black ownership on any level. Well 99% of it

I also get how ppl can view Reid's stance as hypocrisy too though, given his current status in the league and Kaep is still unemployed.

I feel the same way when the Kaep, Reid, Jenkins and the rest of the coalition started to divide and beef. I feel for the most part all these brothas hearts are in the right place and want to achieve progress. But I can't also ignore personal agendas cause even in charity humans will seek their own gain.

Just sucks to see the division in general
francis.png

I think that's where the situation lies is where Hov's intent is

But at the end of the day I won't knock black ownership on any level. Well 99% of it

I also get how ppl can view Reid's stance as hypocrisy too though, given his current status in the league and Kaep is still unemployed.

I feel the same way when the Kaep, Reid, Jenkins and the rest of the coalition started to divide and beef. I feel for the most part all these brothas hearts are in the right place and want to achieve progress. But I can't also ignore personal agendas cause even in charity humans will seek their own gain.

Just sucks to see the division in general
francis.png

I agree, to a degree

I think they all want to do some good.. but I believe they all got their personal agendas.. they also all seemingly have their price

But the nfl owners have F you power, dudes do dumber and dumber shh every year and yet they run laps on everything but what the World Cup and certain olympics events

Until nfl players really unify, none of em will have real real power.. also it’s funny how jerruh and co seemingly bend to trump when they could probably have more pull than dude if they were smart given who and where his base is

Eric Reid is hoemotional and full of ****. All he's thinking bout is himself and his version of Kap's movement. Kap took a settlement. You still getting NFL checks. Like what bruh? The hypocrisy is is astounding here. :lol:

Once again you disagree with something another black man does they put a mic in your face and you talk **** about em.

Crab N's. :smh:

Eric Reid is hoemotional and full of ****. All he's thinking bout is himself and his version of Kap's movement. Kap took a settlement. You still getting NFL checks. Like what bruh? The hypocrisy is is astounding here. :lol:

Once again you disagree with something another black man does they put a mic in your face and you talk **** about em.

Crab N's. :smh:

Not to mention, his brother is also cashing checks from the same organization who's owner compared NFL players to prison inmates.

Like you can't make this **** up :lol:

also it’s funny how jerruh and co seemingly bend to trump when they could probably have more pull than dude if they were smart given who and where his base is
Could probably say that for a few other entities. The common good for supremacy is something else

Idk why but this has reminded me I need to watch The Family on Netflix soon

Then again

These two things are not mutually exclusive, in my opinion.

Eric Reid is a laborer for the NFL, championing for the rights of the employees within the NFL system.

Jay z, who stated he would never work directly with the NFL and called other artists out last year is now collaborating with ownership on what message they're going to promote, under the guise of "social activism."

The same owners who initially wanted to stop Kaepernicks movement (and did), the same owners that Reid was working with to find common ground but deviated from the plans behind Reid's back.

Now the commissioner and owners are paying a celebrity figure head to take the former players movement and transition it to something else.

Y'all really can't understand why Eric Reid is pissed off at this situation? And how Jay z looks like a hypocrite that will do anything if the check is right?

Also,

You can work for Nike and hate their labor policies. Advocate for change to executives and directors. And not be a hypocrite for collecting that Nike check every month Lol.

It's hard to call anyone that's played 17 years in a professional league a scrub.

Not sure what else to call someone who's been a starter a couple of times during that span and never thrown for over 3k or 20TD's in the passing era :lol:

Not knocking the hustle though,just seen so many better QB's never get nearly as many opportunities

Back
Top Bottom