NFL Super Bowl & Season In Review....

S4L

Post your observations....

-Props to the Saints. If that onside kick doesn't work, Sean Payton would've been blasted...

-That pick was on Manning....

-This NFL season will have fans of teams talking crazy predictions for next season.  "Jets=Superbowl" and such....Jet's won't even make the playoffs.

-Interested in seeing where M.Vick ends up...

-Where does Manning rank in Top 5 QB's of all time after this Super Bowl?

-Will the Vikings make the playoffs with Favre gone?

Quotes Of The NFL Season...
"I'll say this, Deion was the ultimate shutdown corner, but i'll stilltake Revis over him bc he is the more COMPLETE corner ala open fieldtackling, coverage, speed, seeing the football before the receiver does."-Jets fan
"we're 3.5 plays away from being undefeated this year."-Steelers fanafter they just lost to the Chiefs
"Like I said, no disrespect to (Steve) Smith, but I don't think of himat all as a top WR. Isn't he basically a faster/quicker version ofHines?"-Clown
"Aaron Rodgers is Steve Young-lite."-Clown
"i dont just watch football, i know football ... the reason i flip outabout romo is because i see things that an offensive coordinator sees... im nottooting my own horn, i grew up around football ... i played quarterbackand wide receiver ... i grew up in the game of football"-Kid who has better football career stats then all of us.

We were the #3 seed in the NFC last year with Tarvaris Jackson and Gus Frerotte as our QBs.

I don't see why not....

This steve young lite thing is funny.

Did anyone peep the announcers comparing Rodgers and Young during the the probowl?
I instantly thought of this.

I'll gladly take a "choke artist 8-8 postseason" over a "hasn't won #$#+ since the camcorders got taken away" QB 100 times outta 100.

I don't care about paragraph long responses or any of that crap that's about to be thrown out - the Patriots haven't won a SB since spygate and they can't say otherwise. In the playoffs, Brady has had one game with a rating over 85 in the last 6.

Post your little three ring gifs. HOLLA YOU BRADY LOVERS!
pimp.gif

I hope half you dudes get banned before next season so I don't have to read all the dumb #!!# that ya'll post...

Spoiler [+]
My offensive stats > all you lames.

Originally Posted by JPZx

We were the #3 seed in the NFC last year with Tarvaris Jackson and Gus Frerotte as our QBs.

I don't see why not....
The Vikings are solid but I just can't see them getting any better without Favre..In fact they'll regress.. 

Originally Posted by Jehlers02

Did anyone peep the announcers comparing Rodgers and Young during the the probowl?
I instantly thought of this.
2ljl4ja.jpg

Originally Posted by Jehlers02

The Vikings will make the playoffs...as a wildcard
Without Favre or barring a possible trade for McNabb I think we're a Wild Card too.

In the last decade 7 different teams went to the SB for the first time.

2 perennial losers won it in their first ever appearance.

There is hope for the Texans after all.
frown.gif

Vikings will have either Favre or Jackson. He's gonna hold out until last second as usual. By that time McNabb will be gone (Arizona perhaps) or will stay in Philly. I dont see him leaving to begin with though.
If it does happen, to me i think McNabb and the Vikings is scarier then the Vikings with Favre.

MIAMI (AP) -- A ban on the three-point stance? NFL commissioner Roger Goodell says it's possible.

Concerned about concussions, Goodell said the league will keep looking for ways to make the game safer. Speaking on CBS's "Face the Nation" hours before the Super Bowl, he didn't rule out the idea of banning the three-point stance for linemen to reduce the ferocity of collisions at the line of scrimmage.

"As you'll see tonight, you'll see a lot of players that never get down in a three-point stance," Goodell said Sunday. "So it's possible that would happen."

While science is still trying to determine the long-term effects of concussions, Goodell said, the league has made progress in increasing awareness about the severity of such injuries.

"For many years the culture had been quite different -- that concussions weren't serious injuries," he said. "I think we have changed that culture and made sure that people understand they are serious, and they can have serious consequences if they're not treated properly."

Goodell has met with NFL competition committee co-chair Rich McKay to begin evaluating possible rules changes.
worst commis in all of sports

I want Favre back, but I still love my man TJ. A year under Favre did him well. I know it. Vikings back in the mix next year.

Interested to see where Brandon Marshall and Julius Peppers end up.... I really hope we can make some needed improvements offseason

-garcon drop was huge in the 2nd qrtr ... never seen such a swing like that ... 31 - 7 after that
smh.gif

-caldwell going for the fg kick ... dude hit 2 50 yarders in the last 4 years ...
indifferent.gif

-baskett = bum ... not being prepared for the kick even worse
-reggie ... did he slip on that int ... i think so .. either way it was picked and it ended the game ... drop on 4th and goal at the end ... what a let down today reggie
smh.gif

-devastating loss ...

BUM(s) of the week ... Caldwell ... dude looked so lost out there w/ those buggy eyes ... a superbowl was played today
indifferent.gif

and i thought peyton played well ... but doesn't matter ... an int is always the qbs fault ... and whether he was going to a spot, whether they knew the play, or if reggie slipped ... that was the game

props to FREENEY ... he gave it his all in the first half ... nothing short of heroic ... bad break yes but thas football

that 2 pt conversion was huge ...
once again ... like i've said ALL YEAR ... COLTS D 
tired.gif
 ... a damn joke 

no excuses though ... saints took this, from the garcon drop ... they just commanded the game ... play of the game ... even more so than the onside kick imo 

-This NFL season will have fans of teams talking crazy predictions for next season. "Jets=Superbowl" and such....Jet's won't even make the playoffs.

i agree, the Jets wont make the playoffs next season.

McNabb ain't going anywhere. Why give him up for draft picks? Kolb led us to ONE victory as a starter, sure he threw for over 300 yards both games but we were getting killed against New Orleans and played from behind the whole game. He's not ready to lead this team to the playoffs next year. Philly fans don't wanna go through a rebuilding season.

The Super Bowl wasn't the shootout I expected but it was still entertaining. I had no horse in the race but I'm happy for New Orleans, they are an entertaining team to watch and I have no problem giving them their props. A ton of people on this board slept on them after all those narrow wins (Buffalo, Washington, Miami) and when Dallas beat them all of a sudden the Vikings became the best team in the world. But they proved the doubters wrong in the end.

I think Peyton Manning's legacy will be tarnished unless he wins another ring. That pick 6 was on HIM, not Reggie Wayne. He's still surgical but he has proven to choke in big games his whole career. I'd rather see Tony Dungy back as the coach too because Caldwell seemed to not make a coaching decision (aside from the Peyton benching) the entire season. He's lucky to have inherited a great team.

Looking to next season I think New Orleans or Dallas will be the favorites in the NFC, Colts/Steelers in the AFC. I think a few of the playoff teams from this year will fall off next season (Vikings w/o Favre, Cardinals, Patriots, Ravens).

Eli Manning is the only Manning* that can say he never lost a super bowl, Eli will have more rings than Peyton book it!

Eli is way way more cool, calm, and collective than big bro
I hope to see a giants colts super bowl soon

*well archie can say it also haha  

I have to say the Colts coach is not ready for primetime.....end of 1st half calls were bad(who ever made them) running on 3rd down.........and going for the 52 FG very bad call.....also WRs had 3 big drops 

Cowboys probably have the hardest schedule in the league next season. Colts, Saints, Vikings, Packers, Cardinals, Texans plus the NFC East
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Pac10OWNsSEC

MIAMI (AP) -- A ban on the three-point stance? NFL commissioner Roger Goodell says it's possible.

Concerned about concussions, Goodell said the league will keep looking for ways to make the game safer. Speaking on CBS's "Face the Nation" hours before the Super Bowl, he didn't rule out the idea of banning the three-point stance for linemen to reduce the ferocity of collisions at the line of scrimmage.

"As you'll see tonight, you'll see a lot of players that never get down in a three-point stance," Goodell said Sunday. "So it's possible that would happen."

While science is still trying to determine the long-term effects of concussions, Goodell said, the league has made progress in increasing awareness about the severity of such injuries.

"For many years the culture had been quite different -- that concussions weren't serious injuries," he said. "I think we have changed that culture and made sure that people understand they are serious, and they can have serious consequences if they're not treated properly."

Goodell has met with NFL competition committee co-chair Rich McKay to begin evaluating possible rules changes.
worst commis in all of sports

6iz9lu.jpg

- espn crew breaking down the int blaming it on reggie ... w/e ...

congrats saints ... i'll just be salty

Back
Top Bottom