NFL Week In Review SB Wrap Up

our secondary was trash. culliver was lost in space.
terrible play calling in the red zone.

Dude who said momentum is a cliche is right. Its just the natural ebb and flow of the game. No one can definiively say that the 9ers wouldn't have made a comeback w/o the blackout happening. Look at all the games when a team is down big and comes back to make it at least close and sometimes win. Teams are alot closer in talent than the standings reflect.
C'mon, stop acting like you've never watched sports before man.

How did the blackout not help the 49ers? In a basketball game, when one team is on a run and the other team is on the verge of getting blown out, what does the coach do? He takes a timeout. The blackout was basically a long *** timeout that allowed the 49ers to regroup and it mentally/emotionally slowed down the roll the Ravens were on. It quieted the crowd too, which seemed like it was mainly Ravens fans.

A 35-minute blackout is not natural. Think about how you'd react if every time your team took a 3-score lead in a game, the other team was given a 35-min timeout to regroup :lol:

wonder which QB is next to say he's elite. The first 2 won super bowls shortly after everyone laughed at them

there's no such thing as momentum. worst cliche is sports.

Yeah aight :lol: :smh:

Every year we see teams ride momentum. Whether it's to win a game or win The Super Bowl.

Great game last night. Ravens came out hit 'em in the mouth then the 9ers got a 35 minute timeout like I said in the game thread last night. It stopped momentum and seemed like Kaep just said "Ima play my game" and he played with a nothing to lose attitude. But the Ravens showed some heart holding on to that lead.

I like how the refs didn't make any weak calls, they let the players decide the game.

I've been a supporter of Flacco and I know all off-season the elite question is gonna be asked. To me elite is Peyton, Brees, Rodgers and Brady. Then you got the class with Eli and Big Ben. I think Flacco is right underneath those dudes. Dude will be Diddy boppin to Ozzie Newsome's office.

9ers=Fraud Status.

Ray Lewis got all the attention leading up to the game and Manti Teo'd his way through the entire superbowl.

Jim harbaugh is a lame.

Culliver got raped all game.

Flacco stole that MVP. Still not elite.

MMG still hasn't gotten over Chester hurting his feelings

ibnOI8oDUXEquV.gif

People are looking to much into this blackout. The truth is Ngata being out and the Rice fumble had more to do with momentum than that.

This guy skip cryyyyying about every single called basically saying the game was rigged

i didn't see anything like that at all.

it's embarrassing
**** Skip, dudes are trying to compare this the Steelers/Hawks SB
eyes.gif
Skip's probably still mad that he said the Ravens would go on an 9 game losing streak to end the season, and Stephen A put him on blast by replaying that clip after the Ravens' won the AFCCG.
laugh.gif

Superbowl:

- What a great game :pimp:
- Flacco got people eating crow especially those who laughed when he said he was elite. now he gotta ring to back it up AND he gettin' paid :pimp:
- Glad to see Ray go out on top like that
- 49ers played their ***** of but were VERY VERY VERY fortunate for the black out IMO
- if there was no blackout, we woulda saw Smith take over.
- Ravens/Steelers season opener this coming season. It's only right

Titans:

- all my friends already know i do not support this team no more so I'll let the brehs at NT know now. As long as Bud Adams is alive, that team isnt going anywhere. So I'm done, after all these years of heartache I'm done. CJ2K and Britt are still my dudes but they should get out of Nashville while they still have a career.

Giants:

- from this day foward, i will root for these guys.
- always cheered for them hardbody when the titans never made it to the playoffs which was like every year. so that in itself made me a lo-key giants fan then :lol:
-They were always my favorite NFC team since I'm from NJ and 80% of my friends/fam are giants fans
- I'd like to thank my good friends for saving me and helping me adopt the Giants as my new favorite team :lol:

NFL:

- :frown: the offseason begins...

Dude who said momentum is a cliche is right. Its just the natural ebb and flow of the game. No one can definiively say that the 9ers wouldn't have made a comeback w/o the blackout happening. Look at all the games when a team is down big and comes back to make it at least close and sometimes win. Teams are alot closer in talent than the standings reflect.
C'mon, stop acting like you've never watched sports before man.

How did the blackout not help the 49ers? In a basketball game, when one team is on a run and the other team is on the verge of getting blown out, what does the coach do? He takes a timeout. The blackout was basically a long *** timeout that allowed the 49ers to regroup and it mentally/emotionally slowed down the roll the Ravens were on. It quieted the crowd too, which seemed like it was mainly Ravens fans.

A 35-minute blackout is not natural. Think about how you'd react if every time your team took a 3-score lead in a game, the other team was given a 35-min timeout to regroup :lol:

Firstly there are differences, I stopped watching the NBA a long time ago but I doubt they have the parity the NFL does. Secondly, basketball has the same group of players playing offense and defense. Thirdly, timeouts in basketball aren't strictly take a breather mentally collect yourselves. They're discussing strategy and considering subsitutions.

But i did say in all sports. So serious question, how often do blowouts happen in the NBA? ( I don't know). NFL has alot of games that start like blowouts and end up real close.

9ers Faclons
Chargers Broncos
Dal Washington (both)
Dal Giants (second game)
Dal Saints
9ers Pats

more that I can't think of. And all those games happened like that w/o a blackout. Ebb and flow. Thats why you cant call an NFL game too early

Last edited:
Superbowl:

- What a great game :pimp:
- Flacco got people eating crow especially those who laughed when he said he was elite. now he gotta ring to back it up AND he gettin' paid :pimp:
- Glad to see Ray go out on top like that
- 49ers played their ***** of but were VERY VERY VERY fortunate for the black out IMO
- if there was no blackout, we woulda saw Smith take over.
- Ravens/Steelers season opener this coming season. It's only right

Titans:

- all my friends already know i do not support this team no more so I'll let the brehs at NT know now. As long as Bud Adams is alive, that team isnt going anywhere. So I'm done, after all these years of heartache I'm done. CJ2K and Britt are still my dudes but they should get out of Nashville while they still have a career.

Giants:

- from this day foward, i will root for these guys.
- always cheered for them hardbody when the titans never made it to the playoffs which was like every year. so that in itself made me a lo-key giants fan then :lol:
-They were always my favorite NFC team since I'm from NJ and 80% of my friends/fam are giants fans
- I'd like to thank my good friends for saving me and helping me adopt the Giants as my new favorite team :lol:

NFL:

- :frown: the offseason begins...

It's your call obviously, but I couldn't imagine giving up on my team and choosing another. And I'm a Raiders fan.

I don't condone abandoning your team... But I did give my Marlins friend a pass if he needed one to ditch that organization last year. :lol:

The Ravens played a hell of a game. Flacco played the game of his life. The 49ers made far too many mistakes and dug too big of a hole to get out of. There were SO many plays that dictated the outcome of this game:
  • The first offensive play of the game. Nice 20+ yard completion to Vernon Davis that was negated by illegal formation.
  • Jumping offsides to extend a drive that Boldin scored a touchdown on the next play.
  • The opening kickoff of the second half.
  • LaMichael James fumbling when we were driving in the 2nd quarter.
  • Chris Culliver allowing Torrey Smith to get behind him for a long TD.

Thats just off the top of my head. We made far too many mistakes and the fact that we made it a game after being down 28-6, is a feat in and of itself. I am not blaming the officiating as a reason we lost. It wasnt. But it does make me laugh that there are so many people on NT that are downplaying the lack of a call at the end of the game and are classifying it as a good no call. Sorry but thats ridiculous. Crabtree was jammed past the 5 yard marker (a penalty).....Crabtree was held as he was trying to run his route (a penalty)....and the DB didnt let go until the flight of the ball was at least 50% complete (yet another penalty).

We lost because of too many mistakes. We lost because the playcalling at the end of the last drive was horrible. But that absolutely was a penalty. If you are going to call Culliver for a penalty on Torrey on the Ravens final drive, then it is inexcusable for them not to call this one.

Can someone please explain why there wasnt a holding call on the Ravens on the kickoff return for a touchdown?  In my humble opinion, this no call was far more egregious than the no call at the end. 

Watch #49 Bruce Miller.  CLEAR holding that wasnt called.

glad flacco got his due and is in for a big payday

he's worked incredibly hard for it especially coming up the way he did

Culliver got roasted all game...

Rogers was getting worked by Boldin too... I think we forget how good Boldin is sometimes

Overall probably the best Superbowl of all-time, even though it feels bad man

Culliver got roasted all game...

Rogers was getting worked by Boldin too... I think we forget how good Boldin is sometimes

Overall probably the best Superbowl of all-time, even though it feels bad man
Definitely not.  

people complain about the refs all season and then they want the refs to decide the outcome of the SB :smh:

Back
Top Bottom