NFLPA to players: Start saving those game checks, lockout is coming.

Trying to see if there's an image of the actual letter floating around. If somebody finds it, post it up.

Matt Light better go talk some sense into Tully...

NFLPA to players: Save your pay, lockout's coming

(AP)–1 hour ago

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) — The NFL players' union is advising itsmembers to prepare for a lockout it expects to come in March, tellingplayers to save their last three game checks this year in case there isno season in 2011.

In a letter to the players that was seen byThe Associated Press, NFLPA executive director DeMaurice Smith said theunion had an "internal deadline" for agreeing to a new collectivebargaining agreement.

"That deadline has now passed," he wrote. "It is important that you protect yourself and your family."

Theletter was dated Wednesday, and copies were strewn across a table inthe New England Patriots locker room during the media availability onSaturday. After a reporter asked players about the letter, a Patriotsspokesman flipped the copies face-down.

The one-page letter onNFLPA stationery said the union expects the lockout to come on March 4,and that players should work with their advisers to prepare for animpending lack of income.

It also said the league is planning tocancel the players' health insurance.The union said it is filing agrievance to contest a cancellation of health insurance, citing asection of the collective bargaining agreement that states: "Playerswill continue to receive the benefits provided in this article throughthe end of the Plan Year in which they are released or otherwise severemployment."

Patriots offensive lineman Matt Light, one of theteam's player representatives, said players understand the nature ofthe business but the threat to cancel health insurance is different.

"You'regoing to cancel somebody's health insurance and maybe they've got ababy that's due in the offseason?" he said. "Yeah, it gets personal."

Light said he is doing his best to educate his teammates on how to prepare.

"They'vegot to look at it like they're going into a period in which they aregoing to change their financial situation," he said. "Nobody knowswhat's going to happen. But if you're going to go a year withoutgetting paid, you need to prepare accordingly."

New Englandlinebacker Tully Banta-Cain said he was already squirreling away hissavings in case of a lockout. Banta-Cain said he was also working onhis outside businesses, which include a clothing line and a music label.

"I'mtrying to prepare," he said. "And I'm trying to establish myoff-the-field businesses and make sure I can make money in theoffseason."

Trying to see if there's an image of the actual letter floating around. If somebody finds it, post it up.

Matt Light better go talk some sense into Tully...

NFLPA to players: Save your pay, lockout's coming

(AP)–1 hour ago

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) — The NFL players' union is advising itsmembers to prepare for a lockout it expects to come in March, tellingplayers to save their last three game checks this year in case there isno season in 2011.

In a letter to the players that was seen byThe Associated Press, NFLPA executive director DeMaurice Smith said theunion had an "internal deadline" for agreeing to a new collectivebargaining agreement.

"That deadline has now passed," he wrote. "It is important that you protect yourself and your family."

Theletter was dated Wednesday, and copies were strewn across a table inthe New England Patriots locker room during the media availability onSaturday. After a reporter asked players about the letter, a Patriotsspokesman flipped the copies face-down.

The one-page letter onNFLPA stationery said the union expects the lockout to come on March 4,and that players should work with their advisers to prepare for animpending lack of income.

It also said the league is planning tocancel the players' health insurance.The union said it is filing agrievance to contest a cancellation of health insurance, citing asection of the collective bargaining agreement that states: "Playerswill continue to receive the benefits provided in this article throughthe end of the Plan Year in which they are released or otherwise severemployment."

Patriots offensive lineman Matt Light, one of theteam's player representatives, said players understand the nature ofthe business but the threat to cancel health insurance is different.

"You'regoing to cancel somebody's health insurance and maybe they've got ababy that's due in the offseason?" he said. "Yeah, it gets personal."

Light said he is doing his best to educate his teammates on how to prepare.

"They'vegot to look at it like they're going into a period in which they aregoing to change their financial situation," he said. "Nobody knowswhat's going to happen. But if you're going to go a year withoutgetting paid, you need to prepare accordingly."

New Englandlinebacker Tully Banta-Cain said he was already squirreling away hissavings in case of a lockout. Banta-Cain said he was also working onhis outside businesses, which include a clothing line and a music label.

"I'mtrying to prepare," he said. "And I'm trying to establish myoff-the-field businesses and make sure I can make money in theoffseason."

Originally Posted by jawnyquest

i hope they all go broke

haters6.jpg

I can't imagine not having an NFL season.. these greedy bastards need to work something out!!

I can't imagine not having an NFL season.. these greedy bastards need to work something out!!

:'( nooooooooooooooooooo

both the NBA and NFL might be gone next season......while the NHL and MLB still operate smh, shots fired

:'( nooooooooooooooooooo

both the NBA and NFL might be gone next season......while the NHL and MLB still operate smh, shots fired

Back
Top Bottom