Nike “Zoom Freak” 1’s - Giannis Antetokounmpo’s first signature model

Bruh. Retro these NOW. Freak 1s have stayed on NBA courts since their release. Make an SE, SOMEthing, Nike.

1636152432311.png

1636152460487.png

Plays well other than dangerously bad traction with the clear/solid split pairs, and non existent cushion?
Well if theyre good enough for actual professional basketball players of all sizes to have worn them all throughout the league consistently since tbeir release, they’re good enough for me. If you hate em, stay away.

Traction is just fine for me, but yeah the cushion is basic AF.

the freak 1 was a great on court shoe for the price point. one of the few shoes i play in aside from kobes. the traction issue was a problem with the early pairs, but the later pairs were fine for me and I had no slipping issues with those

^^^Which pairs/colorways specifically had no slipping issues?

my go to is the white/black oreo pair. no issues whatsoever. I was told that there was a flaw with the grooves on the rose area of the outsole on early pairs that were causing slipping problems and it was later corrected with larger indentations on the rose petals with later pairs

Does anybody have the black cats version? If so do you think the colored Nike sign is removable?

Back
Top Bottom