Nike “Zoom Freak” 1’s - Giannis Antetokounmpo’s first signature model

Probably referring to where the midsole fades from yellow to blue...you've got some green there.

So for those who put some hours in them how do they perform?

Jahrons said they play just like the Kobe AD Exodus, which would make sense since that’s what Gianns been wearing all season. If that’s the case than I need a pair. Those are my go to hoop shoe at the moment.

They looked stiff but in his review vid you can see the creases in the midsole. Can’t do injected phylon it be too painful

I tried my mines they do fit snug but suffocating snug Which I don't mind cause I'll to have break them in to loosen it up.

This is why don't listen to people opinion on sizing, everyone feet is different and you probably didn't even break it in to determine if it actually is tts.

As long as my toes aren't smashed against the toe box, I'm good. Probably didn't need to order a 15, but at least I'll get to try them both.

I tried my mines they do fit snug but suffocating snug Which I don't mind cause I'll to have break them in to loosen it up.

This is why don't listen to people opinion on sizing, everyone feet is different and you probably didn't even break it in to determine if it actually is tts.
Facts.

Toes don’t smash against the toebox is but it’s snug. And with thicker elite/authentic socks they prob will be. Need to go up to 12.5 in these I think. Sucks, these oranges are fire.

Won't get mine until Thursday.

They look like they would fit very similarly to the hyperchase:

nike-hyperchase-james-harden-release-date-1.jpg

hmm, that's odd...I can see the green in the pics you posted of your pair on the last page.
I don’t see any green at all. I know where you’re talking about (where the yellow overlaps the blue) but I don’t think it makes green as it’s just a coat of yellow painted over a coat of blue. Anybody else see green ?

I really hope they release some more of those bros P.Es almost all those were super fresh. Id buy the purples and and light blues

Y'all think scrapping the outsole on the concrete would help break in the traction indoors? I think somebody mentioned this in the Kobe thread. Because dust sticks to these Freak 1s like crazy so far.

yeah man...dudes been doing that since chuck taylor days.

The outer layer has a minute amount of grease from the molds. As long as the concrete/pavement isn't filthy...it's basically like giving your outsoles a quick sanding down.

So I just got back from hooping in these and IMO these are a solid shoe. (7/10)

Traction: Overall traction was soild. I did Feel a little slipping, right where the translucent part of the sole is, the solid rubber was fine but it was gone after the first game or at least I didn't notice it after that
Cushion: Definitely holds it own. didn't really feel the double stacked zoom, if the zoom bag was bigger and a tad bit more responsive these would be a 10/10...felt more cushion in my forefoot.
Sizing: I would go TTS, they fit 1 to 1 imo and I had on the thicker nike NBA socks.

Upper was nice and breathable, I do want to note that my left shoe around my ankle felt more secure than my right, could just be how I had them tied. Court feel was AMAZING though... like OMG
Definitely reminds me of a PG 3 and Kobe AD.

I would go TTS, they fit 1 to 1 imo and I had on the thicker nike NBA socks.

These are getting thrown into my rotation. gonna need to black pair though the orange upper gonna get trashed.

Back
Top Bottom