Nike 30th Anniversary “Just Do It” Campaign.

4B20B7A5-5B46-4B76-89FB-B7C7C40EB40E.jpeg
Let me just say this thread isn’t going to be for everyone. If your not capable of responding in a respectful, none malice, forward thinking, and open minded manner just ignore this topic altogether.

Hopefully this thread will not get flagged for hate post or inciting controversial responses but we are the consumer and have the right to our opinions. Everyone in these forums has spent A LOT of money on Nike products. Some of us have businesses aligned with Nike. Some of us even have Nike themed tattoos ( I personally do).

Initially seeing Nike’s campaign announcement I wanted to tweet my stance about it BUT social media can be a place we’re peoples responses are only for shock value. Seeing people cutting the swooshes off their socks, burning shoes, burning shirts, and other Nike logos really has never happened before. So I thought; “Where could I discuss people burning Nike products because of the choice of an ad campaign?” Which brings me to NT.

If you will no longer be supporting Nike that’s your god given free will. I just want to know what compels your decision to support or reject Nike’s campaign. No matter your stance on Kaps involvement with the brand everyone here LOVES Nike.

Peace.

I think the message is cool. I dont see the problem with it.

As far as Kaep goes, I think he had pure intentions with what he did. Then to counteract it, the NFL had the players use that energy to go after Trump, diminishing if not outright erasing the original reason for Kaeps protest in the first place.

Hindsight is 20/20 but everything Kaep was protesting was the result of people in the highest places who have all been indicted and now are starting to be executed or removed from office. He wouldve been wise to wait until after the 2016 elections. But then again, maybe he had some part in the catalyst of change we are witnessing right now.

I suspect he'll be back in the NFL soon enough after the dust settles. That is if he can still compete after this downtime.

In all honesty I find the choice odd. Choosing him almost seems like a media grab BUT I guess choosing him to represent the “Just Do It” slogan in the way he remained true to his cause after the initial backlash seems fitting. Politics are always gonna play a role in polarizing debates but Kap was kneeling before our current president so I don’t want that to over shadow the thread. Not saying we can get political but we know how things can go left pretty quickly slight pun intended. Lol

My intrigue is with people turning on Nike. There have been a few times Nike has received backlash for maintaining relationships with individuals that weren’t the public’s favorite figures. Kobe IMMEDIATELY comes to mind! There was huge blowback when Nike still supported him after his allegations were cleared but the current climate seems like this calculated risk may have far more repercussions. So far most of the Nike products I saw burned were small items. When I start seeing people burn OW X Nike shoes and products then I’ll know it’s real. Lol

Last edited:
My whole point was that he knelt before Trump was in office. That's literally the foundation of my entire post.

And as far as Kobe goes...

Im kind of reminded of Tupac's situation.

Nike kind of played the role of Suge there. Now you got Kobe changing his number, starting a 666 workout routine etc. The change in demeanor in Pac after he got bailed out is eerily similar to Kobe's demeanor. Kobe always kind of reminded me of Tupac but I never drew this parallel before. The same charges too.

A Nike and Suge comparison? :wow: Lol didn’t see that one coming. Definitely value new perspectives and that one for sure I never thought of.

My whole point was that he knelt before Trump was in office. That's literally the foundation of my entire post.
Agreed I guess even hearing his name just over powers any argument. Notice I said “current President”. That’s a whole topic not for NT smh :sick:but I agree the NFL did diminish his initial cause by aligning it with the “disrespecting the flag” spin.

Cops once saved me and my sisters life.... this guy had police pig socks on at a NFL event....F**k this guy and Nike for doing this!
Cops save a lot of lives it’s their job but they also ruin and prematurely end others. Clearly your displeased with the campaign, will you be boycotting any of Nike products?

Cops save a lot of lives it’s their job but they also ruin and prematurely end others. Clearly your displeased with the campaign, will you be boycotting any of Nike products?
displeased, yes.... having non athletes as sponsored "faces" for sports brands are stupid, like Kylie Jenner for Adidas.... but this is clearly much worse, directly tying their brand to politics.... that rarely have a happy ending.

"Believe in something. Even if it means sacrificing everything" = Pat Tillman.

And boycotting? Yeah, why not, like the rest of us here i already got tons of Nike clothes and shoes to last the next 10 years+.... why not stop now, and see what the other brands will be making

Last edited:
Jimmies will be rustled. Bold move by Nike. Reminds me of a move by a sports team owner that signed the first black player, i forget which team sport, but it was a ballsy move by the owner.

displeased, yes.... having non athletes as sponsored "faces" for sports brands are stupid, like Kylie Jenner for Adidas.... but this is clearly much worse, directly tying their brand to politics.... that rarely have a happy ending.

"Believe in something. Even if it means sacrificing everything" = Pat Tillman.

And boycotting? Yeah, why not, like the rest of us here i already got tons of Nike clothes and shoes to last the next 10 years+.... why not stop now, and see what the other brands will be making
Put your money where your mouth is and get rid of all your Nike product all together. Without getting any monetary gain

will be sweet when the people wearing his apparel and shoes need police help

:smile::smokin
You threatening people or are you a MAGA faker talking big but looking like Kip? Let’s see what YOU do. Prove it. Need police help? How about help FROM the police. You’re throwing out Trump arguments left and right. Pat Tillman? Dude that was killed by US soldiers by accident that was covered up by the military until it was revealed by witnesses that it was friendly fire? Lol stop

Last edited:
You threatening people or are you a MAGA faker talking big but looking like Kip? Let’s see what YOU do. Prove it. Need police help? How about help FROM the police. You’re throwing out Trump arguments left and right. Pat Tillman? Dude that was killed by US soldiers by accident that was covered up by the military until it was revealed by witnesses that it was friendly fire? Lol stop

Don't waste your energy on that bot.

Can someone explain how Kap sacrificed "everything" if Nike's been cutting him checks since the beginning?

No pun intended.
in addition to his declining performance, his choice to maintain his social justice stance rather than shutting up and throwing a football seem to have cost him a job in the NFL; in simpler terms for you, he put his beliefs before his job and he lost his job.

Can someone explain how Kap sacrificed "everything" if Nike's been cutting him checks since the beginning?

No pun intended.

It’s kind of hard to take a knee for a great cause when most of the NFLs audience are well off white people who vote conservative and think they are entitled to everything in life. So now those people will send him death threats, and anytime he’s seen in public by white folks who are “patriotic” they will slander him. It’s not always about money.

in addition to his declining performance, his choice to maintain his social justice stance seem to have cost him a job in the NFL; in simpler terms for you, he put his beliefs before his job and he lost his job.

Right, I know he definitely sacrificed his (very promising) pro football career. But he's certainly not struggling. With Nike backing him financially, I think that saying that he sacrificed "everything" is a bit of a stretch.

It’s kind of hard to take a knee for a great cause when most of the NFLs audience are well off white people who vote conservative and think they are entitled to everything in life. So now those people will send him death threats, and anytime he’s seen in public by white folks who are “patriotic” they will slander him. It’s not always about money.

Right, but you're missing the point. He is still being paid very well. Money isn't everything, but it definitely makes his life a lot easier.

Back
Top Bottom