Nike 30th Anniversary “Just Do It” Campaign.

Man you know what bothers me the most about these discussions?

When "certain" people go .. "hey maybe we should stop bringing this up and stuff and making this a big deal, it's further dividing our country. can't we all just love each other, kumbaya, and not see race?"

like shut yo dumb *** up

no. because why would u stoop yourself to the same behavior that SWS engage in

Generally when people preface their statement with their race on NT, a bunch of BS will follow.

I’m not interested in that.

Say what you have to say without having to qualify your statement with your race as an excuse for the foolishness you’re about to put forth.

true, ur supposed to put: I'm _______ if that matters.

not srs

I was gonna quote the conversative white wizard a page back but it’d do me no benefit to address the ramblings of a devil speaking from a bubble of privilege.

4B20B7A5-5B46-4B76-89FB-B7C7C40EB40E.jpeg
Let me just say this thread isn’t going to be for everyone. If your not capable of responding in a respectful, none malice, forward thinking, and open minded manner just ignore this topic altogether.

Hopefully this thread will not get flagged for hate post or inciting controversial responses but we are the consumer and have the right to our opinions. Everyone in these forums has spent A LOT of money on Nike products. Some of us have businesses aligned with Nike. Some of us even have Nike themed tattoos ( I personally do).

Initially seeing Nike’s campaign announcement I wanted to tweet my stance about it BUT social media can be a place we’re peoples responses are only for shock value. Seeing people cutting the swooshes off their socks, burning shoes, burning shirts, and other Nike logos really has never happened before. So I thought; “Where could I discuss people burning Nike products because of the choice of an ad campaign?” Which brings me to NT.

If you will no longer be supporting Nike that’s your god given free will. I just want to know what compels your decision to support or reject Nike’s campaign. No matter your stance on Kaps involvement with the brand everyone here LOVES Nike.

Peace.

I want to reply by first being clear that i have no problem with anyone wanting to raise awareness and make a stand for a cause. I agree with most who say the freedom to protest should be protected. So why am i upset with Nike? First, why didn't Kaep use the many other methods to get his message out to the people? ESPN, CNN, other outlets? Social media? It would have surely gone viral. Why was his first big move one guaranteed to offend and therefore alienate many of the people who he should have been trying to reach? People are so WRONG when they think anyone that finds this disrespectful is somehow a racist, or not sympathetic to the cause.
Lastly, "sacrifice everything"? Are you freaking kidding me?? That should be offensive to any truly courageous people who have fought discrimination and racism at much greater risk to themselves and their families. If Kaep doesn't take another snap he's still a multi-millionaire!
So yes, i'm pissed at Nike for exploiting this and making Kaep look like a hero.

I was gonna quote the conversative white wizard a page back but it’d do me no benefit to address the ramblings of a devil speaking from a bubble of privilege.
that guy was pretty honest and respectful, and your post really saddens me. You disagree so he's a 'white wizard'? Try to listen to others that disagree with you. You'll grow wiser, even if you don't change your mind. "First seek to understand, then to be understood."

that guy was pretty honest and respectful, and your post really saddens me. You disagree so he's a 'white wizard'? Try to listen to others that disagree with you. You'll grow wiser, even if you don't change your mind. "First seek to understand, then to be understood."

I understand my enemy very well and the talking points in his "honest and respectful" post are typical of the devils that his people are. Thanks but no thanks for the bs advice though confucius

worth noting too that Nike has done clothing for USA Olympic teams, as well as other national teams such as men's/women's basketball and soccer.

Nike needs to give us a Kaep editions of the react 87s, 270s, and AM 97s, and Off White Kaep 1s. I’m in for all four even at resell

For those who somehow think that kaep “didn’t sacrifice anything” because he’s rich, here’s some perspective from an Olympic qualifying athlete I went to college with.
CA1D6085-E20B-4BE4-A400-BA5AE9EC4CCF.png

As for why didn’t he choose another media outlet to get his message accross? What about disruption do people not get about protests? How much disruption would another liberal message on a liberal news network cause? Especially to half the country that’s been conditioned to think anything that isn’t a right wing talking point is fake news. Nike did something with this message that no media outlet could do.
It brought this issue into every single persons home. It’s forcing more dialogue in a way CNN and ESPN can’t.

Can you imagine how many lukewarm progressives and civil rights advocates were upset by MLK’s march on Washington? Shutting down streets, causing a ruckus. Disagreeing with the method regardless of how important the message is. Guaranteed history is going to look favorably on what kaep and Nike are doing.

At the end of the day you don’t support Kaep for one of two reasons, racism or because you don’t think the statically proven unequal treatment of black people by the criminal justice system is worth causing disruption over which is still white supremacy at work.

Last edited:
LMAO at these racist dweebs saying he shoudlve protested another way LMFAO.

Snwoflakes all triggered and bothered be like couldnt he do something that wouldnt have bothered me?

and sacrificed everything is clearly meant to be seen in many lights. For example: just do it. do what?

LMFAO SWS be funny

Those who are more offended by a bent knee than unjustifiable deaths and acts of violence at the hands of the police are not reachable.

dude expects people who are “guaranteed to be offended and alineited” by a commercial to be reached via cnn. He’s clearly got all the answers.

Can you imagine how many lukewarm progressives and civil rights advocates were upset by MLK’s march on Washington? Shutting down streets, causing a ruckus. Disagreeing with the method regardless of how important the message is. Guaranteed history is going to look favorably on what kaep and Nike are doing.

People who complain about the method NEED to go read what MLK's contemporaries had to say about his marches. The op-eds, dissenting articles, and pictures of opponents and their slogans are still available to the public.

But what I can't understand is this: as a conservative, why can't we all just get along? Quit the racism, quit the hatred, learn from each other, and SUCCEED. There is much good that can come from one another, yet we see so many only focusing on the bad... and thats what I just can not understand.

After Romney lost to Obama in 2012, GOP operatives urged the party leaders to have a more inclusive platform if they wanted to stay relevant to the changing demographics of the country. What did they do? They doubled down on the birtherism and policies that would favor the republican base (mostly white) and make life more difficult for everybody else. In 2018, we have had Neo-Nazis and Holocaust deniers run under the conservatism banner and win GOP primaries. Candidates wanting to persecute Americans who are not exactly like them will never get any traction on the left, but they are a staple of the right.

The answer to your question (why can't we all just get along) can only come from collective introspection. Why can't the conservative movement let go of the hate?

Complain about kneeling but NOT about people being killed...... think about that. They burned shoes and cut socks but didn’t hear a peep about people being murdered. Even IF you personally feel it’s disrespectful to the flag you don’t think police murder is worse? You’d rather silence murder than bare 90 seconds of time you don’t even really care about? Stop.

There is no mystery as to why people are against this, just cowards not wanting to say it out loud.

Last edited:
People aren’t going to get along as long as conservative politics marginalized and invalidates the struggles of anyone that isn’t “status quo white”. The underlying issue here is that people would rather believe that all the disparaging statistics involving people of color and the criminal justice system are because of some inherent criminality as opposed to their brothers, sisters, cousins, and friends being part of a system that treats people differently depending on how they look or where they come from.

Back
Top Bottom