Nike 70s Thread

From the Nike restock/sale right? Did they ever send you a shipping email? My order from that day is still just chilling in processing. I'm sure they are delayed and not sweating it but just curious.

I ordered two of them from different accounts... one got here two days ago, the other is still processing. It’s weird to me, as Nike usually 2-day ships it to me.

Hmm, yeah, no shipping and just in process still. But chatted with a ndc rep, it's scheduled for delivery on 4/2, but hasn't been shipped yet, so no idea what that means. Guess we will just have to wait and see.

Hmm, yeah, no shipping and just in process still. But chatted with a ndc rep, it's scheduled for delivery on 4/2, but hasn't been shipped yet, so no idea what that means. Guess we will just have to wait and see.

mine that was processing a few days ago shipped about an hour ago.

Nike Tailwind ’79 SE
Available
$100
Color: Midnight Navy/Blue
Style Code: CK4712-400

Nike-Tailwind-79-SE-CK4712-400-0.jpg

Nike-Tailwind-79-SE-CK4712-400-4.jpg
Nike-Tailwind-79-SE-CK4712-400-2.jpg
Nike-Tailwind-79-SE-CK4712-400-3.jpg
Nike-Tailwind-79-SE-CK4712-400-5.jpg
Nike-Tailwind-79-SE-CK4712-400-1.jpg

Hello!

I'm a younger guy getting into vintage Nike runners, so I kinda missed the days when people were all over these. I'm sorry if this question has been asked before, but I really want to make sure I get the right size since I've been saving money for quite some time to get them.
download.jpg
I fell in love with these and they're currently on sale at my local retailer ( of course i'll be ordering online!).

I usually wear 8.5 US (42EU, 26cm) TTS in pretty much all sneakers, regardless of brand. I noticed that the sizing on the Waffle Racers (the regular pair, not Off-White) is quite odd. On all other Nike pairs, 42EU-8.5US= 26 cm.

However, with Waffle Racers, 42EU=25.8cm, and 42.5=26.2.

I have to mention I have wider feet (not like very wide feet, just slightly than average) and 26cm fits perfectly. Should I go for the 26.2cm just to be safe? Would 25.8cm be too tight?

Thank you a lot and I apologize for the inconvenience.

Hello!

I'm a younger guy getting into vintage Nike runners, so I kinda missed the days when people were all over these. I'm sorry if this question has been asked before, but I really want to make sure I get the right size since I've been saving money for quite some time to get them.
download.jpg
I fell in love with these and they're currently on sale at my local retailer ( of course i'll be ordering online!).

I usually wear 8.5 US (42EU, 26cm) TTS in pretty much all sneakers, regardless of brand. I noticed that the sizing on the Waffle Racers (the regular pair, not Off-White) is quite odd. On all other Nike pairs, 42EU-8.5US= 26 cm.

However, with Waffle Racers, 42EU=25.8cm, and 42.5=26.2.

I have to mention I have wider feet (not like very wide feet, just slightly than average) and 26cm fits perfectly. Should I go for the 26.2cm just to be safe? Would 25.8cm be too tight?

Thank you a lot and I apologize for the inconvenience.

I’d go with the 26.2. These new waffles are a little bit snug, and if you have wider feet, it’d be the safer move.

I’d go with the 26.2. These new waffles are a little bit snug, and if you have wider feet, it’d be the safer move.
Thank you very much for taking your time to answer. I was leaning towards 26.2 more, my only concern was that they may have looked funny being a bit too long. :)))

Looking for pictures of OG tailwind 79 colorways besides the photo blue. Any idea where I can find some?

Looking for pictures of OG tailwind 79 colorways besides the photo blue. Any idea where I can find some?

If you are asking what I think you are asking....

I think the first few pages of the thread

Oops, I meant the Tailwind thread. Before this 70s thread got split out.

Nevermind..I can't remember where but there definitely was a couple pages of photos of all sorts of OG runners that I think Dragicon posted? might have been tony? Anyway it was pretty awesome to see....

Last edited:

Nevermind..I can't remember where but there definitely was a couple pages of photos of all sorts of OG runners that I think Dragicon posted? might have been tony? Anyway it was pretty awesome to see....
I posted

1st page

it was the first or second page of this thread. I think something happened to the photos when NT “upgraded” to the new website.

Nike Daybreak Type N.354
Release Date: April 30th, 2020
$95
Color: Cactus Flower/Light Bone/Midnight Navy
Style Code: CW7566-500

nike-daybreak-type-n354-pink-beige-CW7566-500-6.jpg
nike-daybreak-type-n354-pink-beige-CW7566-500-1.jpg
nike-daybreak-type-n354-pink-beige-CW7566-500-4.jpg
nike-daybreak-type-n354-pink-beige-CW7566-500-5.jpg
nike-daybreak-type-n354-pink-beige-CW7566-500-2.jpg
nike-daybreak-type-n354-pink-beige-CW7566-500-3.jpg

I need these. Hope there isn’t any hype.

I said the same about the first two other cws i posted.
judging by the other models, ie Af1s, I'm guessing they will sit?...Well I really hope they do amidst the various yzys, 5s and other stuff...

Knowing me, im prolly gonna grab a couple pairs of inside outs, but For the most part, i dont like when they incorporate gimmicks into vintage sneaks.

they stand strong enough on their own. for me, the draw is the fact that theyre simple and DONT have alotta extra BS goin on.

play with the colorways but the gimmicks are unnecessary.

yep, i like the color combos on them, but i do like the little details like the stitching on mudguard. would've liked them more in the standard build.
also waiting on a couple colorways that dragicon posted few pages back.

Back
Top Bottom