Nike 70s Thread

Got my pair of blue Machs from Zappos yesterday after the tip from tonytobacco tonytobacco . Wearing them all day today, you were right, dude. Best $48 I've spent on shoes in maybe ever? Regardless, these things are cool as eff. Perfect for kicking around my office in, too.

I cant stop thinking about an am1 swap with the free blue pair i got. I need a black outsole, white mid and preferably red air bag. Its becoming an obsession.

still on the fence regarding colored air bag to achieve this look
images

images

plus
Nike-Air-Max-1-Red-Black-05.jpg

I shall name her the Nike Air Mach 1

Last edited:
I cant stop thinking about an am1 swap with the free blue pair i got. I need a black outsole, white mid and preferably red air bag. Its becoming an obsession.

still on the fence regarding colored air bag to achieve this look
images

images

plus
Nike-Air-Max-1-Red-Black-05.jpg

I shall name her the Nike Air Mach 1

Just do it!!! Lol

Im still butthurt that it was the only OG colorway to release. It was this loud *** green pair, the two black n whites gum soles, and those wack dark blue everything. Also the all black cdg garbage.

Europe got all the best ones. Like, why on earth couldnt we get this colorway in the US????
nike--Waffle-Racer-17-Cool-Grey-Gym-Red-summit-White.jpeg

Ill never stop wanting this shoe. So annoying.

do they run tts?
Im still butthurt that it was the only OG colorway to release. It was this loud *** green pair, the two black n whites gum soles, and those wack dark blue everything. Also the all black cdg garbage.

Europe got all the best ones. Like, why on earth couldnt we get this colorway in the US????
nike--Waffle-Racer-17-Cool-Grey-Gym-Red-summit-White.jpeg

Ill never stop wanting this shoe. So annoying.

Those did release in the states. I got them from roadrunnersports for ~$50.

I feel your pain though. The waffles are my favorite.

They run true to size.

Also, the light blue / navy pair released this past year as wel.

wow they really dropped the ball on the new tailwind colorways. Especially that first piece of trash with the yellow.

come tf on nike

Is NDC the only spot that sells the OG Tailwinds? Looking for the white/black pair in a 12.

dragicon dragicon and...well, everyone else...

I'm a true 14. I don't mind extra toe room. Will I be okay going TTS on the '79 tailwinds, or is a 13 really necessary?

Edit: FWIW, I don't have much experience with these older models...but a size 14 Cortez is too small for me.

These retro runners Nike keeps churning out are low key some of the most slept on sneakers out right now, nice neutrals and dope flavors.

They look good with jeans/pants with narrow leg openings because they are narrow which creates an aesthetically pleasing silhouette.

If anyone at Nike is lurking please retro these... no pre-distressed piss yellow midsole nonsense & GUM SOLES ONLY!!!!

Nike Sting

rimg2141.jpg

rimg21422.jpg

Back
Top Bottom