Nike 70s Thread

They’ve actually been up for a good while now and we’re removed a couple weeks ago and added back.

actually had a pair made like the mars yard and recently had them sole swapped. gonna make another pair soon though but leave it as is this time around
ECE5F398-8605-44CC-89CC-02F42E79244D.jpeg

That was govrn yeah? I saw those on his Instagram, thought of doing the same :lol:

Be true
Black/white/gum
Grey/black/gum
Grey/red
Black/orange
Blue/white
Grey/dark grey
Blue/mica blue
GreyTXT
BlackTXT
Navy BlueTXT
CDG

Women’s colorways;
Black/khaki
Whiteish-silver/black

Others that didn’t release but were floating around on eBay;
WhiteTXT
RedTXT

Those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. They certainly did release quite a bit of colorways for the shoe. It’s my favorite Nike runner ever, so I’m happy about it. Can’t wait for these new colorways. The TXT versions were trash without the shiney upper material.
That damn gray/red

Why couldnt they just drop in the us? A holes

That was govrn yeah? I saw those on his Instagram, thought of doing the same :lol:

haha yep that would be mine! didn’t really know where to post about it on here until now since I didn’t think the internationalist was technically a 70s sneaker

My black with the silver metallic swoosh daybreak joints seem to run smaller than my vegas colorway from the first run. It’s of.

I noticed something felt weird around the toe on my left shoe, but it seemed to go away over the past couple hours. Maybe its the slanted toebox?

i took off my mach runners which have a narrow toe and i dont know if the weirdness was phantom [ains from the machs or the slanted toe needing to be broken in. I felt around inside the shoe and noticed some padding around the toe, maybe thats your problem? I stretched it out and now they dont feel weird

Finally threw mine on as I was running out the door. These things run so much smaller than my hyper grapes. My left toes are absolutely crammed. They’re going back but I’m not sure if I’m re-ordering. Every time I move from 11.5-12 in Nike, the width gets crazy big.

I'm not a big fan of the 70's stuff but I appreciate it and its nice seeing some release. Especially for the older heads who were teens adults of the time. Dope thread.

20190910133816.jpg

i dont know about that white tongue

20190910133752.jpg

Might have to custom these with a darker gray nylon or something

"modern updates like a memory foam sockliner and dual-density foam midsole."

nice

the toe strip drop off toward the midfoot doesnt look right. Like its too sharp a curve or it ends too soon
waffle-racer-mens-shoe-hLLb6r.jpg
6af7ab1e-c47a-4488-aab1-5774d94c0932-jpeg.2418793

maybe its more OG?

Last edited:
You know what blew my mind?

I thought I'd grab some plush ortholite insoles to swap into some older retros, but Ortholite literally only sells one iteration to the public (and it didn't even have decent reviews).

Everything else is just sold in mass quantities.

in my quest for ogs i found this
1_550.jpg

vs
20190910133814.jpg

black or white tongue? I have a black swap ready to go from my mach runners

^ White tongue. My Navy blue waffles have the white tongue, whereas the one you posted doesn't... It looks better in my opinion with a white tongue and laces. A lot of the japanese versions of the waffles from the last 10 years have the color matched tongue, whereas non-japanese market waffles have a white tongue.

^ White tongue. My Navy blue waffles have the white tongue, whereas the one you posted doesn't... It looks better in my opinion with a white tongue and laces. A lot of the japanese versions of the waffles from the last 10 years have the color matched tongue, whereas non-japanese market waffles have a white tongue.
I thought that was black, I guess it could be navy now that i look at it

navy with white tongue is dope, like the jcrew. Black with white is a heavy contrast and starts looking refereeish. I think Im turning japanese

1_550.jpg

I think the black laces are giving the black (navy) tongue a bad look. White laces would fix it like those reds above

Back
Top Bottom