Nike 70s Thread

in my quest for ogs i found this
1_550.jpg

vs
20190910133814.jpg

black or white tongue? I have a black swap ready to go from my mach runners

how’s the sizing on the mach runner? thinking about picking up a pair but can’t find anything on how they fit

how’s the sizing on the mach runner? thinking about picking up a pair but can’t find anything on how they fit
Its a little tight tts. But after breaking them in I dont know if id go up half a size. Thinner socks solve the problem. The front kind of bottlenecks like a bullet at first until it broadens out.

Where are you seeing mach runners for sale?

Last edited:
Its a little tight tts. But after breaking them in I dont know if id go up half a size. Thinner socks solve the problem. The front kind of bottlenecks like a bullet at first until it broadens out.

Where are you seeing mach runners for sale?

just looking through eBay I see a lot of pairs for pretty cheap and thinking about picking one up

dragicon dragicon still on the fence about $130 for the be true waffles, even though they're an OG colorway they hit outlets back in 2017. Maybe I'll hold off and see if some new waffle colorways besides the three last page come out.

First impressions of the new waffles is that the tongue is way longer than previous versions, and is not stitched together at the top. Just a piece of foam. They do feel cheaper than previous versions, mainly because of the tongue. I’d also say they fit about at least a half size smaller than the 2017 version, and almost a full size smaller than the VNTG version (pre2017).

First impressions of the new waffles is that the tongue is way longer than previous versions

ive actually been thinking that the tongue on the tailwinds are unnecessarily long as well.

things are all over the place when worn with pants.

Blue ones are nice but it's a shame about the tongue, a gum sole would've really set them off though.

No new colorways on anything on the horizon. Racers, tailwinds, killshots, or daybreaks.

Looks like its nothing but pure trash for the next few weeks across the board. Air Force 1s out the ace, whole bunch of 'better left in the past' 1999 releases and new releases that seem to be inspired by them. Just a wide range of rancid **** coming out that no one asked for or wanted.

Praise be to the lord that Mark Parker finally got fired. Good ****ing riddance.

Perhaps these were the final straw
1572015621915.png

Everybody on Youtube says Nike Joyride feels bad and theres concern about the environment vs those little tpu balls? Better make 11 new models with it.
1572015885080.png

Air max 720 keeps ending up in outlets? Especially pink and purple coloways that neither men or women want?

Here you go
1572016011226.png

How about pink purple vapormax no one ever buys even on heavy discount because they look absolutely stupid?
Say no more, Nikes got you
1572016194699.png

Really knockin it out the park to end 2019.

tonytobacco tonytobacco I'm going to copy and paste what I told you in the 90 thread which seemed to shut you up, so hopefully it'll do so here, too.

If you're so hurt by every move that Nike has made as a company lately just log off and retire and wear some NB 990s. I don't get how and why you've had the energy to be so mad at Nike for all these years, yet still follow every move they make. It's like you're caught up on an ex-girlfriend hoping she might take you back but she's making billions of dollars and you're looking at old pictures.

And Im going to shut you up by saying the board of Nike corporate apparently felt the same way I do.

Now what?

Im just waiting out and clowning on whats hopefully the last of these trash releases and the brighter day ive been counting on will finally be here soon. Sounds to me like Mark Parker was your ex girlfriend

My complaints seem to have validity. All of them. Because I have a keen eye for this.

*edit*

You act like Im the only whos complaining about how trash Nike is right now. It really isnt just me, Im just the canary in the coal mine.

Last edited:
Glad I decided not to pick up the 2017 be true pack pair for $130

I like the build quality of the beTrues much better though. These new waffles aren’t as good as the 2017 batch.

and the betrues are also more or less an OG colorway if that matters. The only real difference is the tongue label.

also; this colorway is coming.
53E866D3-157E-47BF-856D-F6D448E2ED46.jpeg

2E9E6555-FE47-40EE-A5A3-B50DDE2188B6.jpeg

dragicon dragicon 100% right on both fronts about OG colorway and better build. However, I slept in 2017, I slept when they hit outlets, and the guy was asking $130 for an outlet pair so that wasn't worth it to me.

Any place other than StockX to get the White/Black Tailwind 79s in size 12?

Back
Top Bottom