NIKE ACG thread

🕷 🔺

Attachments

• 72AF04BB-44A0-445F-9CD1-5F0685DC7439.jpeg
    72AF04BB-44A0-445F-9CD1-5F0685DC7439.jpeg
    580.3 KB · Views: 220
I took the kids for a 2.5 mile hike today, conditions were damp, humid and light rain. These shoes with ingenious smart wool socks is my favorite combo in these conditions. We are gonna get a lot more rain the next few days here in WV from Ida and I wanted to get out before the heavy stuff comes.

Attachments

• 4FE98CBB-F07D-4F2B-88B8-669CBAAD17DD.jpeg
    4FE98CBB-F07D-4F2B-88B8-669CBAAD17DD.jpeg
    255.7 KB · Views: 313
  • CE3563DB-2DE4-45A8-9315-3B9FE1D6321A.jpeg
    CE3563DB-2DE4-45A8-9315-3B9FE1D6321A.jpeg
    266.4 KB · Views: 458
I took the kids for a 2.5 mile hike today, conditions were damp, humid and light rain. These shoes with ingenious smart wool socks is my favorite combo in these conditions. We are gonna get a lot more rain the next few days here in WV from Ida and I wanted to get out before the heavy stuff comes.

Interesting. Doesn't the water get in and make your socks damp and soggy?

Interesting. Doesn't the water get in and make your socks damp and soggy?
Yes water will get in through the drain holes if you step into standing water of a half inch or so. That’s where the smart wool socks come in to provide some resistance from the damp soggy feeling I got last trip wearing Nike drift socks.

My favorite use for these is when going fully submersed, like when I’m launching kayaks or wading around in shallow rivers. Those times I go no socks and the shoes drain well and the upper dries quick.

Yes water will get in through the drain holes if you step into standing water of a half inch or so. That’s where the smart wool socks come in to provide some resistance from the damp soggy feeling I got last trip wearing Nike drift socks.

My favorite use for these is when going fully submersed, like when I’m launching kayaks or wading around in shallow rivers. Those times I go no socks and the shoes drain well and the upper dries quick.

Sweet.. . So when not submerged the drizzle/light rain doesn't bother you by getting in the top mesh? I ask bc I have a pair I have yet to wear as I struggle with when to wear them... Heh.

Ya the AOs come off as more of a water shoe than a trail shoe. Water drains out the sole but the upper is all porous mesh so they're not made to keep you dry, I guess more to dry off quickly. I feel like they'd be good without socks for a little but would def lead to some blisters.

Liked the concept of the AO but returned them when I tried wearing them without socks and they rubbed my Achilles area raw. IMO a weird in between shoe that Nike designers couldn’t decide if it should be a water shoe or not.

Liked the concept of the AO but returned them when I tried wearing them without socks and they rubbed my Achilles area raw. IMO a weird in between shoe that Nike designers couldn’t decide if it should be a water shoe or not.
For sure. I'm a pretty casual hiker and stroller so as long as I have some aesthetics and traction, I'm good. If it was gonna be muddy or rainy/wet conditions I probably would just stay home :lol:

Sweet.. . So when not submerged the drizzle/light rain doesn't bother you by getting in the top mesh? I ask bc I have a pair I have yet to wear as I struggle with when to wear them... Heh.

I struggle with the same thing, When do I wear these? because I hate having soggy feet.
The top mesh wasn’t soaking though to become a nuisance yesterday, but the socks may have had something to do with it.
I figure my feet would be sweating as I haven’t tried smart wool socks in the summer but that wasn’t the case.
Also the last 30 minutes the rain was pretty steady.

For the Mowabb launch do we have any feeling whether these will be like most other SNKRS release with mostly Ls all around? I want these, but not paying resell for some damn shoes when I have a closet full of shoes...heh.

Deschutz for $52 before ship, plus code LABORDAY2021 for additional 20%. Some other ACG stuff as well

For the Mowabb launch do we have any feeling whether these will be like most other SNKRS release with mostly Ls all around? I want these, but not paying resell for some damn shoes when I have a closet full of shoes...heh.
It's Ls all around. Scalpers will resell make $3 these days.

never ideal to rely on SNKRS for any drop.

they’re sitting on some euro sites but they’re close to $200 shipped which i didn’t mind since it’s only about $20 over what i’d pay after tax and gave me the peace of mind of not dealing with SNKRS

GOAT prices aren’t that crazy for Twines and Birches depending On your size

Birches also arent on SNKRS anymore

If you do your reasearch I think you can grab these fairly easily… but will need to grab on release day. Lots of sites will ah e them… like someone said, don’t rely on SNKRS only.

Yeah, definitely not relying on SNKRS. I don't want to support GOAT/SX even if they're reasonable. I entered a few raffles, and would cop off Euro site for that price now if I could find one.

Back
Top Bottom