NIKE ACG thread

i-img983x1200-1669019414zymiyd3491.jpg

I wonder if it's b/c of the overall more narrow shape. I like look of the 2s much better as the 1s I have look so wide on feet; not a good look. However, with the super soft react they need to make them wider for stability. Though the laces going over so far doesn't help with the look. That said, the Zaherra's have a more narrow profile but are also soft with the react/zoom combo.

So the 2s aren't react at all?

I wonder if it's b/c of the overall more narrow shape. I like look of the 2s much better as the 1s I have look so wide on feet; not a good look. However, with the super soft react they need to make them wider for stability. Though the laces going over so far doesn't help with the look. That said, the Zaherra's have a more narrow profile but are also soft with the react/zoom combo.

So the 2s aren't react at all?
So I’ve just taken them out for a spin cause I thought hey, maybe when worn for a little while they might break in. But I just can’t do it. They are uncomfortable.

They are definitely narrower because I can feel my little toes rubbing against the upper. The upper itself is flexible, looks like the material used on the Element 87s and I imagine it has been used for a degree of water resistance. The problem though is that while the upper seems flexible, the sole simply isn’t. It’s a thick, rigid, chunk of rubber that has almost no give to whatsoever. Because of this, the upper doesn’t really have the ability to move either. So when you take a step down it’s ‘pulling’ the upper down with it. With a softer material used for the sole like React I don’t think this would be as much of a problem.

It’s annoying, because I love the look of them. Think they look great on feet, nice colourways at launch for a change. Much prefer the detached tongue in comparison to the tight one piece upper of the MFL1s because I can actually get my foot in these without having to size up so they look like clown shoes, and the toggle is great for quickly tightening the laces. The comfort just isn’t there though. I’m still wearing Epic React 2s as my dailies because nothing since has come close to matching the comfort of that React sole and one piece Flyknit upper for me. The difference between the two is like waking on a hard rubber mat and waking on pillows.

So I’ve just taken them out for a spin cause I thought hey, maybe when worn for a little while they might break in. But I just can’t do it. They are uncomfortable.

They are definitely narrower because I can feel my little toes rubbing against the upper. The upper itself is flexible, looks like the material used on the Element 87s and I imagine it has been used for a degree of water resistance. The problem though is that while the upper seems flexible, the sole simply isn’t. It’s a thick, rigid, chunk of rubber that has almost no give to whatsoever. Because of this, the upper doesn’t really have the ability to move either. So when you take a step down it’s ‘pulling’ the upper down with it. With a softer material used for the sole like React I don’t think this would be as much of a problem.

It’s annoying, because I love the look of them. Think they look great on feet, nice colourways at launch for a change. Much prefer the detached tongue in comparison to the tight one piece upper of the MFL1s because I can actually get my foot in these without having to size up so they look like clown shoes, and the toggle is great for quickly tightening the laces. The comfort just isn’t there though. I’m still wearing Epic React 2s as my dailies because nothing since has come close to matching the comfort of that React sole and one piece Flyknit upper for me. The difference between the two is like waking on a hard rubber mat and waking on pillows.

Thanks for the feedback. Wonder what Nike was thinking with these....unbelievable. MF1s are so freak'n soft and comfortable.

Are the MF 1 & 2 going to be uncomfortable vs the Peg Trail. I like me some Peg Trails...
Screenshot 2023-04-17 at 12.03.08 PM.png

First generation Mountain Fly midsole/sole are very comfortable. They are on par, if not more comfortable than the peg trails. The pegs have a thinner feeling midsole than the MF. Having said that, I prefer the peg trails overall as shoes.

Would you guys recommend peg trail or MF lows for 12 hour shifts? Looking for some new work shoes

Back
Top Bottom