Nike aims to be nimbler by cutting shoe styles, 1,400 jobs

As much as I thought Kanye would flounder at Adidias, you may be right.

Adidas picking up Kanye and Nike almost kicking him out helped shift the industry way more that I had imagined.

Same here.

When I first heard it, I was like "whatever man... Folks giving Kanye too much credit"

But they might have been on to something.

Anyone trying to discount the effect that adidas' surge in popularity has had on Nike sales is just a fanboy.

Conversely, anyone saying adidas is touching Nike in terms of sales and worldwide popularity is a damn fool.

All that said, this dude Kanye really changed the fortunes of an already known, established brand. I loathe the dude for the most part, but kudos to him.

My g... if you don't get off here with all that logic and common sense.

Ain't nobody trying to hear the sensical approach to this situation.

Honest question here, it's not a slight or dig at Adidas because some of you guys are just ready to pound on anyone who says anything slightly negative about the brand but with the NMDs and UBs now sitting more/longer than ever, do you guys think Adidas will balance out more and satbilize their growth or even go down in next few quarters/years?

congrats Adidas, you're almost as big as ONE division/subsidiary of Nike... [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128580[/emoji] :smh: :lol:
You act like that's a small feat for a brand that wasn't even mentioned a few years ago as a relevant brand in the sneaker world. You really show how much of a **** you are for Nike time and time again.

congrats Adidas, you're almost as big as ONE division/subsidiary of Nike... [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128580[/emoji] :smh: :lol:
You act like that's a small feat for a brand that wasn't even mentioned a few years ago as a relevant brand in the sneaker world. You really show how much of a **** you are for Nike time and time again.

Adidas is a GLOBAL brand outside da shores of America, da fact that they let Nike get this big in da 1st place in da 80's & relegate them to da kiddie pool no matter how much smaller brands they swallowed up shows their pure ineptitude.

there should be NO ROOM for Under Armour whatsoever, and yet because Adidas has muffed Reebok in da US and been fortunate enough to come back because Under Armour's design suck too much to sustain their ascending status, excuse me if im not blown away at them being ALMOST as big as ONE slice of Nike's empire, Jordan Brand that Ironically Adidas had hooks into MJ and they blew it back then too :lol: :smh:

Adidas is a GLOBAL brand outside da shores of America, da fact that they let Nike get this big in da 1st place in da 80's & relegate them to da kiddie pool no matter how much smaller brands they swallowed up shows their pure ineptitude.

there should be NO ROOM for Under Armour whatsoever, and yet because Adidas has muffed Reebok in da US and been fortunate enough to come back because Under Armour's design suck too much to sustain their ascending status, excuse me if im not blown away at them being ALMOST as big as ONE slice of Nike's empire, Jordan Brand that Ironically Adidas had hooks into MJ and they blew it back then too :lol: :smh:
Your ignorance never ceases to amaze me. Adidas didn't let Nike get big; Nike was an up and coming company that caught lightning in a bottle with Jordan. Both Nike & Jordan benefited from one another on a scale nobody saw coming. Once Nike became the "it" brand for U.S. athletes, of course their market share was destined to skyrocket. You act like Reebok was some pushover company. They played the long game in the U.S. market and where #1 in the U.S. marketplace all the way up until the mid 90's. Adidas is a soccer brand first and foremost and the fact that they even had a stronghold on any U.S. market for footwear was a feat all in its own. If it weren't for RUN DMC, the brand wouldn't be a footnote in the U.S. sneaker community.

Instead of being the Nike **** that you are, you should recognize the brand for reinventing its image and becoming relevant in the U.S. sneaker market again. As mentioned many times, we as the consumer are the winners when brands are competitive. It pushes all brands to release something worth purchasing.

"reinvent" as in poach Nike designers and sign a bunch of Nike cast offs all while jacking their knit tech & living off a casual trend which Nike uses its sportswear division as a side business, instead of living and thriving off performance like da Swoosh? sure. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom