Nike Air 180 OG

18F23B06-49CD-4E30-9823-8FF40E9F2F74.jpeg
Wouldn’t mind seeing these this year too if they are releasing the wmns CWs

so basically they're dead to you forever

I love the silhouette but when a Bo Jackson Air Trainer SC from 2013 or an Agassi Air Tech Challenge 3 from 2015 is more comfortable than a retro of the Air 180 than yeah.

Something is wrong if the Air 180 retro isn’t comfortable. It was supposed to be the flagship shoe. The midsole/air bag just doesn’t even give. It’s just flat. Feels like there is nothing under my heel. If anything I’m bitter that I never got to experience what the original truly felt like. :stoneface:

I love the silhouette but when a Bo Jackson Air Trainer SC from 2013 or an Agassi Air Tech Challenge 3 from 2015 is more comfortable than a retro of the Air 180 than yeah.

Something is wrong if the Air 180 retro isn’t comfortable. It was supposed to be the flagship shoe. The midsole/air bag just doesn’t even give. It’s just flat. Feels like there is nothing under my heel. If anything I’m bitter that I never got to experience what the original truly felt like. :stoneface:
Especially since Jordan Geller, the man who owned the Shoezeum of practically every Nike ever, said they are both his and his fathers favorite because of the comfort, originally what interested me in the model.

Especially since Jordan Geller, the man who owned the Shoezeum of practically every Nike ever, said they are both his and his fathers favorite because of the comfort, originally what interested me in the model.

The problem is the technology has changed. In 1991, this WAS the new technology and it was the top tier comfort (relatively speaking). With all the newer technology and shoes that are way more comfortable, we're going back in time to compare '91 to '19. Sure, the steam engine was awesome. But now you can plug your car in when you get home.
My .02

The problem is the technology has changed. In 1991, this WAS the new technology and it was the top tier comfort (relatively speaking). With all the newer technology and shoes that are way more comfortable, we're going back in time to compare '91 to '19. Sure, the steam engine was awesome. But now you can plug your car in when you get home.
My .02
It sucks though especially since I doubt anyone expects a shoe from 91 to feel like a shoe from 2019 but you would think they would atlease make the shoe feel like how it originally felt but I know that just come from Nike cutting corners

The Air Max 90 and 95 are both cushioned and supportive. I would expect the 180 to be at least comparable to those but it’s not.

9EC4EA6C-BF55-44D7-A049-094035070FFF.jpeg

The 180 was all about that huge air bag. That’s the principle it was founded on. I’m not expecting 2019 level comfort but I expect to “feel” some level of compression when I shift my weight to my heel on the current retro. To see Nike put these out on the market with such a neutered product is truly shameless.

400132D0-2511-42F4-A856-6079DCE7027E.jpeg

Again I love the silhouette. And I’m bitter I didn’t get to experience the original. The state of the 180 as we have now is a far departure from where it was.

D663AA91-BDA7-4A9F-9FB7-7F7157433BD3.jpeg

Last edited:
They had a different tongue too. I'm pretty sure I had those exact sneakers but I don't remember the colors. What I do remember is being disappointed at not having a real 180 air unit. My guidance counselor couldn't tell the difference though, she told me she drove past a billboard every day that had my sneakers on them. I would like to think this was not an exaggeration or just something that a local store was doing.

Back
Top Bottom