Nike Air 180 OG

https://news.nike.com/news/nike-air-max-180-bln

AM180-BLN-01_square_1600.jpg

AM180-BLN-02_square_1600.jpg

lol this sneaker has been out since 05 and peeps are still hoping and waiting for that nike one day will release them with bigger air units and OG shape, chances that nike will adjust the air units and the shape are very small, if they have plans to do something like this they will deff pick the am95 since there is 100 times more demand for that silhouette than the 180s

lol this sneaker has been out since 05 and peeps are still hoping and waiting for that nike one day will release them with bigger air units and OG shape, chances that nike will adjust the air units and the shape are very small, if they have plans to do something like this they will deff pick the am95 since there is 100 times more demand for that silhouette than the 180s
My sentiments exactly.

Yes other silhouettes are more popular though the 95 feels great as it is. There is no give in that 180 heel at all. There’s no reason why they can’t fix the shape and put a more supportive / larger air bag in it. If they did that perhaps there would be more demand. They’ve done other silhouettes lately that were true to their original counterparts.

Have you guys noticed the recent Tailwind retro looks to use the air bag from the Plus without the red and yellow “tuned” columns? Again Nike going cheap. I suspect we will see the 96 with the air bag from the Plus / Tailwind too. Disheartening. The world we live in I guess.

There’s no reason why they can’t fix the shape and put a more supportive / larger air bag in it. If they did that perhaps there would be more demand
the reason is that larger air units need more air to fill up the air units and also need more material to manufacture what also cost them more money and also need a new mould for the midsole, all that what i have mentioned cost them a crap ton of money and nike is not really interested to invest 250-350K in a shoe like the 180s what is not very popular amongst nikes target group the 12-25 y/o youngsters

Reactions: ARK
Yes other silhouettes are more popular though the 95 feels great as it is. There is no give in that 180 heel at all. There’s no reason why they can’t fix the shape and put a more supportive / larger air bag in it. If they did that perhaps there would be more demand. They’ve done other silhouettes lately that were true to their original counterparts.

Have you guys noticed the recent Tailwind retro looks to use the air bag from the Plus without the red and yellow “tuned” columns? Again Nike going cheap. I suspect we will see the 96 with the air bag from the Plus / Tailwind too. Disheartening. The world we live in I guess.

C'mon my guy, you've been around the block long enough to know how nike operates (or doesn't operate). Your expectations from them is your downfall. There's no reason they should fix the shape and make any updates to it. I find it hard to believe you seriously think a sleeker toe shape by 5º and a 50% bigger air bubble will turn the 180 into a high demand shoe. We still buy them anyway. We get the idea that everyone feels the same way because we all spend a lotta time here on NT, but the general public doesn't care about shape and air bubbles, so Nike doesn't.

Other silhouettes that are more true are still miles off. The Jordan 1 and air max 1 have gone through similar resurgences where they were bastardized from like 2008-2014/2016, then they "remastered" them with better shapes and materials. For Jordan 1s, it came with a $50 retail price increase from 2012 vs 2015. For air max 1s, shape and retail price are fair and good IMO, but a lot of GRs have awful materials, and the shape is still closer to maybe 2007 models. Other Jordans like the black cement 3s, infrared 6s, certainly look better than previous retros. But they're also light years away from the originals. It's just a fact of life, homie.

Back
Top Bottom