Nike Air 180 OG

Man these are nice and the mesh on them looks good I bet they're hard to keep clean though lol. I really can't guess why Nike doesn't have the 180 in the current Sportswear line with the other Air Max's. I constantly see 1's 90's and 95's sitting on clearance and yet they keep pumping out colorways, smh. 
Thanks homie! 
nthat.gif
 Yeah I dont know what Nike beef with the 180's, Flows, Nike Air Epics.. I would buy those models in a heartbeat. Hopefully 2017 will be the year for the 180's.

flame 
Thanks folk! 
nthat.gif

I'm jealous man, I had a chance to get these when they came out and I passed like an idiot
Yeah homie I know that feeling! I'm still mad about not grabbing the Concord's.. Hopefully Nike start pumping out more 180's or opens the Nike ID back up for the 180's.

nike's beef with the 180 is the four us that buy them isnt lining their pockets with cash. so instead they make some flyknit ultra essential crap that everyone and they step sister eats up. 
mean.gif

Wouldn't it be cool to get the 180 made in flyknit? The Max 1 and 90 are getting it.

I just want some classic Nike Air 180's (if they have the OG air bubble that would be a bonus) tbh, with all the og colorways and some new colorways.

Last edited:
would love some fresh limes. 180's are such a neglected model. Were Concords really the most recent release? been over 2yrs

Last edited:
Super nice video. What was the "cantilever" technology that Avia had?
This is what i found in regards to the Avia vs. Nike lawsuit..

The Nike Air 180 was a good running shoe for that time. It looked good and performed good. Their was was however, controversy surrounding this shoe,and production was eventually brought to a halt. Avia filed a lawsuit alleging patent infringement against Nike and won. A former Nike employee around during these times informed me that Nike was forced to recall and destroy all remaining 180 shoes (during the original release of this shoe) which would make the originals slightly more rare than other OG’s. Below are pictures of the original 1991 Nike Air 180 Olympic Edition Running shoe.

Jan. 29— Avia Group International Inc., a sports apparel company, broadened its patent infringement suit against Nike Inc., saying the rival company used a basketball-shoe sole on which Avia holds a patent.

Avia, based in Portland, filed the initial suit in Federal District Court here last year, contending that Nike's Air 180 running shoes infringed three Avia patents. In the amended claim, Avia said Nike had also infringed its patents with its Air 180 and Airforce 180 basketball models. The suit seeks unspecified damages and a permanent injunction. Nike, based in Beaverton, Ore., had no immediate comment.

In 1991, Avia filed a lawsuit against Nike, alleging that Nike's ''Air 180'' and ''Air Force 180'' running and basketball shoes infringed upon Avia patents. Avia accused Nike of pirating its ''Cantilever'' technology, which uses a cushion to provide shock absorption and stability. The company contended the technology has been the basis of its products since Avia was founded in 1980. Avia widened the suit in January 1992[sup][11][/sup]  and settled in December 1992.

Cantilever is a specific type of support structure in terms in engineering. What it is, is that you have something like a steel beam sticking out of the grount straight up. Towards the top of the beam, you have something that is sticking out horizontaly at a 90 degree angle. The part that sticks out is being held on one side only, and that is what a cantilever is. An example can be a diving board, All diving boards are held up on one side, and that is what a cantilever is. As for sneakers, I am not 100% sure of what that means. Howerver, I think it means that it gives you specific arch/overall foot support.

Hmmm, I always wondered about this. At the same time isn't it just a big air pocket? What was cantilever about the OG 180?

Hmmm, I always wondered about this. At the same time isn't it just a big air pocket?
Yes but also the seethrough part through the outsole was what made it different from other models.
What was cantilever about the OG 180?
No idea. I'm sure I still have the orginal booklet that came with the shoes, will try and scan it sometime.

Yes but also the seethrough part through the outsole was what made it different from other models.
No idea. I'm sure I still have the orginal booklet that came with the shoes, will try and scan it sometime.

Sweet that would be cool! I have the magazine ad myself with the different illustrations and schematics of the shoe.

I showed y'all my favorite Nike Air 180 video. Now I will show you my least favorite video. :smh:

Lol

I love the shoe, the lines, the history and the color. However the 180 retro kind of deserves that. I think the air max 90 has a bigger air bag than the 180 retros. Sad really.

Edit: apparently lots of shoes are getting run over on YouTube.

Last edited:
Just got these from famprice for $79
These were sitting on Finishline for $55.95 and I still don't have an answer for why I didn't buy a pair!! They are pretty scarce to find now and even on Ebay they are never priced close to what I should have paid. Great colorway!.

I copped those day one and double up for 39.99 at the outlets in the fall of 14'. Are those and the pink/orangish joints the last 180's Nike has released in the past few yrs?

I copped those day one and double up for 39.99 at the outlets in the fall of 14'. Are those and the pink/orangish joints the last 180's Nike has released in the past few yrs?

I picked up both pairs at the outlet around then too. I paid like $80 I think. Still haven't worn the olympics.. Guess it's a good time to break them out.

Are older 180's pretty resistant to sole crumble? Can't find any pics online of that happening.

Are older 180's pretty resistant to sole crumble? Can't find any pics online of that happening.

I have an '09 pair and they're perfect. Can't attest to the older pairs but I would imagine they all crumble eventually. Seems like the typical crumble time frame is about 15 years but can vary wildly.

Back
Top Bottom