Nike Air Alpha Force 88

Feels like 88'
20230721_160223.jpg

aff.jpg

Glad to have these finally, probably my biggest anticipated shoe of the year...it'll be great to see some on discount soon too.........pulled out the bigger brother just to reminisce :nthat:

Need to include the WCs in there as well.
I saw an article or IG post just the other day talking abut the "mystery" of why MJ rocked the Alphas in that one game. I then saw the date of the game was late January 1988. Seems pretty obvious to me why he wore them. They're very similar to the IIIs that debuted just a few weeks later, and it's obvious the III was developed in line with the "Revolution" series. Similar cushioning, outsole, lacing system, and height. Looks like MJ wanted to get an in-game feel for what he was about to switch to, and it may very well have been part of Nike's marketing strategy, too.
That said, I've always found it a bit strange they marketed these as a Force shoe. As noted, they looked like the Flights/Jordans more than anything else. Apparently putting a strap on them turned them into a Force model thanks to that one little addition LOL

I saw an article or IG post just the other day talking abut the "mystery" of why MJ rocked the Alphas in that one game. I then saw the date of the game was late January 1988. Seems pretty obvious to me why he wore them. They're very similar to the IIIs that debuted just a few weeks later, and it's obvious the III was developed in line with the "Revolution" series. Similar cushioning, outsole, lacing system, and height. Looks like MJ wanted to get an in-game feel for what he was about to switch to, and it may very well have been part of Nike's marketing strategy, too.
That said, I've always found it a bit strange they marketed these as a Force shoe. As noted, they looked like the Flights/Jordans more than anything else. Apparently putting a strap on them turned them into a Force model thanks to that one little addition LOL

I agree, always thought they should have had the flight logo instead...this 2013 version had way too dark grey on them and they put some cringe "revolution" graphic under the starp on the tongue itself :sick:....the early 2000's retro was awesome, but I killed them, which is why I settled for these lol

I agree, always thought they should have had the flight logo instead...this 2013 version had way too dark grey on them and they put some cringe "revolution" graphic under the starp on the tongue itself :sick:....the early 2000's retro was awesome, but I killed them, which is why I settled for these lol
I had the OG Revolutions. Man, I loved that shoe and I wore those into the ground. The strap and Velcro was even torn up at the end of their life. 😆

I saw a print ad of them and I was mesmerized by it. I just had to get that sneaker.

Idk about that, Mike had already worn the 3s early several times going back to the early part of the season.

I had the OG Revolutions. Man, I loved that shoe and I wore those into the ground. The strap and Velcro was even torn up at the end of their life. 😆

I saw a print ad of them and I was mesmerized by it. I just had to get that sneaker.

Yeah, I hated that gray they used on that retro so I didn’t buy them.
Idk about that, Mike had already worn the 3s early several times going back to the early part of the season.
Oh snap, I didn’t realize that. Good info. Maybe he just liked them because they were similar. Or maybe it really was Nike asking him to wear them a couple times. He wore them in that silly video with his mom in the Bulls’ practice gym where she was teaching him to shoot and dunk lol

Asked Nike why hasn’t my order been picked up by fed ex (it said it was shipped on July 16). They said they can’t find the item so they issued me a refund. i was looking forward to these shoes but oh well, on to the next I guess.

Asked Nike why hasn’t my order been picked up by fed ex (it said it was shipped on July 16). They said they can’t find the item so they issued me a refund. i was looking forward to these shoes but oh well, on to the next I guess.
What size? There are other online retailers with stock, though 12 and above seems to be drying up.

Yeah, I hated that gray they used on that retro so I didn’t buy them.

Oh snap, I didn’t realize that. Good info. Maybe he just liked them because they were similar. Or maybe it really was Nike asking him to wear them a couple times. He wore them in that silly video with his mom in the Bulls’ practice gym where she was teaching him to shoot and dunk lol
conversely, I feel like they went too light with the grey on these Alpha retros, no? Also. would have preferred that smooth leather over the tumbles ...But hey, Nike gonna Nike lol

This was what I was thinking, when I read the post up here saying that they only had 3,000 on SNKRS. They over sold. Luckily they're still available in my size.

conversely, I feel like they went too light with the grey on these Alpha retros, no? Also. would have preferred that smooth leather over the tumbles ...But hey, Nike gonna Nike lol
Yep on both points. But they’re still pretty damn nice. Why Nike makes these bizarro changes will escape me forever 🤷‍♂️

These and the first Air Bounds always looked similar to me.

Screenshot_20230722-121544.png
Screenshot_20230722-121506.png

Weird coincidence but my grandma just gave me this old pic she found of me from summer 1990. Air Bounds indeed baby.

IMG_1890.jpeg

I like how I seem to be staring at my shoes contemplating how 🔥they are :rofl:

Niiice!!

one of my favs. had the white black colorway. look just like the above but no blue

they had hella air in the heel

Really wish they'd retro these properly.

Back
Top Bottom