Nike Air Alpha Force

You and I feel the exact same way and I don't dislike her either. She seems pretty cool.

But I'm mad that her name's attached to this model too.

Because if anyone ever came up to me and said "Hey man, are those the Billie Eilish's" I'd

1691509826526.gif

Lmao

I was set on the black swooshes but I just can’t bring myself to pop on those BEs…I feel the same as y’all. I got nothin against ms ellish but just can’t stomach it. imma hold back, may cop the grey swoosh or just pony up for the chicagos eventually. Disappointed baby….

I was set on the black swooshes but I just can’t bring myself to pop on those BEs…I feel the same as y’all. I got nothin against ms ellish but just can’t stomach it. imma hold back, may cop the grey swoosh or just pony up for the chicagos eventually. Disappointed baby….

I just don't trust that the vegan leather won't be a crinkly mess. Might check them out in person at the local spot this weekend, but not pulling the trigger without having them in hand first.

I just don't trust that the vegan leather won't be a crinkly mess. Might check them out in person at the local spot this weekend, but not pulling the trigger without having them in hand first.

Its only 25% "recycled content" lol....."Recycled synthetic leather and recycled textile upper"........I imagine the "vegan" term is being tossed aorund cuz the ink is algea based!?!? If it was truly vegan, Im sure they would have plastered that all over her page...

It is very interesting though how bad the presentation is on her site...I mean pics are terrible....Im guessing they did this for some type of ironic throwback to earrrrly websites????

Last edited:
I agree the collab is horrible and I hope Nike doesn’t change direction reviving this cause the collab is gonna sit.

I don’t think her fans are 40-50 so they have no idea what this shoe is. This is a pretty niche shoe.

I agree the collab is horrible and I hope Nike doesn’t change direction reviving this cause the collab is gonna sit.

I don’t think her fans are 40-50 so they have no idea what this shoe is. This is a pretty niche shoe.

On her site they are saying the "Billie’s Blohsh Logo" is embossed on the tongue!?!? can you verify this if you already have them in hand?

All I can see from pics is some embossed half circle under the basketball?

So to get this straight.

The Billy Eyelash are vegan leather which look aesthetically true to the OG and have the BI inner sole? This is the difference?

Nike dropping the ball once again...

Man, y'all are some weirdos if you're really gonna let this girl's name being on the insole keep you from buying a shoe that you supposedly really want. Y'all griped about not having a smooth upper when the first pair released with tumbled, then got the pair with the smooth upper, but are passing on them because some random artist's name is on the insole where nobody will ever see it. Never change NT. :lol:

Man, y'all are some weirdos if you're really gonna let this girl's name being on the insole keep you from buying a shoe that you supposedly really want. Y'all griped about not having a smooth upper when the first pair released with tumbled, then got the pair with the smooth upper, but are passing on them because some random artist's name is on the insole where nobody will ever see it. Never change NT. :lol:

I bought two pairs of each today, looking forward to them baby.

Size 15 never hangs around long.

What’s interesting is that both colorways of the Billie Ellish collab are the ones that MJ actually wore. Still though, it doesn’t make sense to attach her name to this collab unless they’re trying to market this shoe as a dad shoe which Gen Z kids seem to love

I bought two pairs of each today, looking forward to them baby.

Size 15 never hangs around long.

GroundedDopeyAlpinegoat-small.gif

I just got home with my pair. I'll give em a good look, but at first glance I didn't notice anything that seemed any worse than a typical Nike synthetic. Somebody else said it earlier, and I think I agree, that they're just attaching the "vegan" to this one partly because of the algae ink, but mostly because it'll put a different set of eyes on them. Technically, isn't all "synthetic" leather vegan? :lol:

GroundedDopeyAlpinegoat-small.gif

I just got home with my pair. I'll give em a good look, but at first glance I didn't notice anything that seemed any worse than a typical Nike synthetic. Somebody else said it earlier, and I think I agree, that they're just attaching the "vegan" to this one partly because of the algae ink, but mostly because it'll put a different set of eyes on them. Technically, isn't all "synthetic" leather vegan? :lol:

I only passed on the BE version because I’d rather have the seemingly better material on the regular release, plus I low-key dislike the change to AAF88 on the tongue. I couldn’t care less that her name is on the insole. As I’ve said, I do find this entire exercise a bit bizarre, but it’s not what’s stopping me from buying them. If the BEs were my only option, I’d buy them without hesitation.

Just had a chance to inspect mine. First thing is, they're noticeably lighter. Beyond that, the "leather" feels nice, and it's soft to the touch. It actually reminds me of the white Durabuck that was used on the AJ4 and AJ5. Sticker on the insole was the same "contains synthetic" sticker that's on most Nikes. I know they used the Regrind recycled stuff for the outsole, but literally the only places it's noticeable is on the orange forefoot and a little bit on the grey midfoot. Absolutely no Billie logos anywhere on the shoe, tongue or otherwise. Just the insole print. Plan on wearing them at some point over the next couple of days, so I'll see how they break in.

PXL_20230809_020613755.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg
PXL_20230809_020747077.jpg
PXL_20230809_020752347.jpg
PXL_20230809_020549252.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg
PXL_20230809_020824913.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg
PXL_20230809_020633333.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg
PXL_20230809_020640468.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg

If we're not interested in the person that the shoe's attached to, then we're entitled not to like that they're associated with it and have an issue with it.

1691548737124.gif

If we're not interested in the person that the shoe's attached to, then we're entitled not to like that they're associated with it and have an issue with it.

1691548737124.gif

350x700px-LL-0dd52ff3_Ok1f2UB.gif

Buuuut...the shoe is attached to Charles Barkley, and Michael Jordan, and Reggie Miller, and Shawn Kemp, and whoever the hell else wore them in the 80's. It's not like it's a completely different colorway or has something significantly altered like Travis's shoes. Minus the "AAF88" on the tongue, it's basically the same shoe as the one that released in 1988. Who gives a damn whose name is on the insole? It's not like her name is plastered on the side of the shoe for all to see. If you've wanted this shoe since the 80's like a lot of folks are claiming, I'm not sure why something this insignificant would stop you...unless you don't actually like the shoe.

I just like the regular ones with the tumbled leather more and I prefer the tech grey to the black swoosh … so that’s my reasoning

350x700px-LL-0dd52ff3_Ok1f2UB.gif

Buuuut...the shoe is attached to Charles Barkley, and Michael Jordan, and Reggie Miller, and Shawn Kemp, and whoever the hell else wore them in the 80's. It's not like it's a completely different colorway or has something significantly altered like Travis's shoes. Minus the "AAF88" on the tongue, it's basically the same shoe as the one that released in 1988. Who gives a damn whose name is on the insole? It's not like her name is plastered on the side of the shoe for all to see. If you've wanted this shoe since the 80's like a lot of folks are claiming, I'm not sure why something this insignificant would stop you...unless you don't actually like the shoe.

It's attached wall of the athletes that you mentioned but Nike didn't bother to retro it until Billie wanted to.

Yes the branding is minimal and it does seem petty not to want the shoe because of it, trust me I understand. But that's where we're at.

I have hundreds of pairs of shoes and not a single pair of Kanye's. Yes I've liked some pairs but he's been acting questionably for years and I don't rock with him so I don't have any of his shoes.

Yes this situation is slightly different, but if Nike only releases the pair with the black Swoosh those will officially be the Billie's.

Again, yes it's minimal branding but we'll know.

And if you don't understand that then

1691554171652.gif

And that last part was a joke, I don't want to be accused of "Talking Spicy" and my post deleted.

1691554276751.gif

It's attached wall of the athletes that you mentioned but Nike didn't bother to retro it until Billie wanted to.

Yes the branding is minimal and it does seem petty not to want the shoe because of it, trust me I understand. But that's where we're at.

I have hundreds of pairs of shoes and not a single pair of Kanye's. Yes I've liked some pairs but he's been acting questionably for years and I don't rock with him so I don't have any of his shoes.

Yes this situation is slightly different, but if Nike only releases the pair with the black Swoosh those will officially be the Billie's.

Again, yes it's minimal branding but we'll know.

And if you don't understand that then

1691554171652.gif

And that last part was a joke, I don't want to be accused of "Talking Spicy" and my post deleted.

1691554276751.gif

I thought about the Kanye comparison too, but that's a whole different deal and a road I didn't wanna go down haha. This poor unproblematic girl isn't advocating for Nazis. She just wants to make music and keep her gigantic boobs hidden so people will focus on said music. :lol:

I've wanted these shoes since I saw Barkley destroying people in them back in the day. But they're attached to Darnell Valentine, so now I gotta rethink. :tongue:

Screenshot_20230809-001235.png

Back
Top Bottom