Nike Air Flight 89: now on NIKEiD

Those are the ones that came out in 2020 right ?
Yeah or late 2019. Can’t believe it’s been that long, I would’ve said it was like two years ago lol. But they ruined them with the black tongue and black Nike Air on the heel. Wanted that Pip colorway for nearly 30 years but had to pass. Just was … wrong.

Damn . Was trying to hunt a pair down when I saw this thread pop back up because I have been meaning to get a new pair for a while now but if they were that bad then I’m just gonna pass and wait for the alpha force to come out in a few weeks.

Damn . Was trying to hunt a pair down when I saw this thread pop back up because I have been meaning to get a new pair for a while now but if they were that bad then I’m just gonna pass and wait for the alpha force to come out in a few weeks.
The maroon pair and maybe the Sonic’s pair are the only ones that actually had decent materials. OG cws were done the worst. None of them had perforated toeboxes like they should’ve.

Some shots of me in the OG Black/Grey 2011 Retro, from 2017....

8)

WP_20171201_14_44_13_Rich.jpg
WP_20171201_14_41_43_Rich.jpg

:pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp:
:nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat:
:smokin

I hate that I had to sell these, but I reallly need the money at time, because I was had just started 2 jobs. I was still broke as hell at the time, tho. It sucks because this was the last decent retro of this colorway....

I mean they're clean, but aren't these pretty pathetically plain for a collab? I love this model. Back in '89 when I had the WC4s, a guy on the school bus had the black/grey pair; always thought they looked awesome, and kind of wanted the BC4s to be leather like those. Would love for a good retro of the OG black/grey; that's all I need in this model. Hope that happens at some point.

I mean they're clean, but aren't these pretty pathetically plain for a collab? I love this model. Back in '89 when I had the WC4s, a guy on the school bus had the black/grey pair; always thought they looked awesome, and kind of wanted the BC4s to be leather like those. Would love for a good retro of the OG black/grey; that's all I need in this model. Hope that happens at some point.
I’ll take these, but I agree, why are these a collab? I’m not going to scour the net for a basic cw.

I'm more interested in what a low version looks like

I was thinking about this. It may not be a reworked version. When the Flight 89's came out back in the day, they were just the "Air Flight Low," and the highs were the "Air Flight High." They might just be calling them by their proper name here, since it would be pretty tough to make these any lower.

I was thinking about this. It may not be a reworked version. When the Flight 89's came out back in the day, they were just the "Air Flight Low," and the highs were the "Air Flight High." They might just be calling them by their proper name here, since it would be pretty tough to make these any lower.
Bring the highs back as well. I'm all for a late 80s to mid 90s Nike basketball revival.

Pretty sure that’s placeholder photo. I’d be surprised if those are the actual cw. We already know it’s going to be low and not a mid the the photo.

Pretty sure that’s placeholder photo. I’d be surprised if those are the actual cw. We already know it’s going to be low and not a mid the the photo.

I'm not so sure on that low part. Was talking about it earlier, but these were originally called the "Air Flight Low." Could just be referring to them as their OG name and I'm not really sure how they could make them much lower haha.

Back
Top Bottom