Nike Air Flight 89: now on NIKEiD

You ain't never had some Neapolitan ice cream? 🍨
I don’t say never, but I’d say almost all the Japanese think about this certain type of spaghetti when we hear “ナポリタン”….
IMG_6328.jpeg

Napolitan. Close...1 letter off.
Whether there’s “e” missing or not, basically means the same thing. It means “From Napoli”…. But somehow, most Japanese believes that’s the name of the spaghetti…. Just asked my colleague what he thinks if I say “N(e)apolitan” and he immediately responded that “Is there anyone that doesn’t think about that spaghetti??” And he said he has never heard of the ice cream named Neapolitan….

Yeah…, even the person like me whose native tongue isn’t English at all can sometimes be like “???”

BTW, this also looks so weird (perhaps, to all the Japanese) especially since the term “Neapolitan” means fully different thing & color here in JP….
IMG_6304.jpeg

Another typical daily butchering of English. Flavors can't "appear" on anything. Because, you know, they're FLAVORS not COLORS :lol:
It doesn't help that I'm a journalist and editor in real life, so this stuff makes my head explode. If I was that site's editor-in-chief, those guys would cry every day by the time work was over LOL

Yeah…, even the person like me whose native tongue isn’t English at all can sometimes be like “???”

BTW, this also looks so weird (perhaps, to all the Japanese) especially since the term “Neapolitan” means fully different thing & color here in JP….
IMG_6304.jpeg

No, I get you. Like the difference between Margarita (drink) and Margherita (plain pizza). Doesn't help that the SN guys barely seem to have a grip on their native language.. They're trying to sound fancy by not repeating the same phrases for shoe colors over and over. :lol:

Another typical daily butchering of English. Flavors can't "appear" on anything. Because, you know, they're FLAVORS not COLORS :lol:
It doesn't help that I'm a journalist and editor in real life, so this stuff makes my head explode. If I was that site's editor-in-chief, those guys would cry every day by the time work was over LOL
:lol: I'm with you on that, I don't like it either. But I've seen people use it like that, I think it's kind of a slang term.

But these writers probably don't know slang from proper anyway.

Everything has to be a Panda now, apparently. I could deal with the lack of red, as much as it sucks, but the gray eyelets and all-white tongue really kill it for me. At least the toes are finally perf'ed.
These hurt to look at. They're so close yet so far away from the OG. Nike is doing this on purpose, it has to be a game for them at this point.

I'm definitely buying a pair lol. SneakerNews made another post talking about the AJ4 Alternate being the CLEAR inspiration for these. :rofl:
I wanted to believe you were joking until I went and read it myself lol. The “Alternate 4s”…wow lol.

i guess these will have to act as a consolation prize since the OG white/black aren't coming. I'm not a huge fan of the color red in general but for the right price i'll make an exception on these.

Oh I've been waiting on this pair for 30 years ever since Pip rocked them pretty much right as soon as he switched from Avia to Nike. So not a consolation prize for me. Even though these aren't EXACTLY identical to his pair, they're nearly the same.

I’m so ready for this. I might double up. Need the white/reds too and gimmie the TBs while we’re at it, please and thank you! lol

Back
Top Bottom