Nike Air Flight Lite II retro looks to be coming

So glad I didn't get raked over the coals for my comment. If I was still playing today (I gave up competitive games several years ago, once I went on LTD due to Crohn's, but also because I can't afford to get hurt and miss work when I was working) I would not get the newest tech. Before I stopped 8 was using Air Raids, Jordan 10s & some older Flights. If I were to go shoot around (what I really only may do, but won't until I'm off disability) I'd just wear a pair of Jordan 1s or one of my other retros.

100% you can hoop in anything, but after hooping in more modern shoes like zoom Gt cut 2, Kobe 6, Jordan 37s its hard to go back. its also not just the cushioning, its the way the uppers are constructed to provide more stability, it's the upgrades in traction and the upgrades in the heel cup to really lock your ankle down + the lightweight materials used. modern basketball shoes will NEVER look as cool as the stuff from the 90s, but the benefits are there.

100% you can hoop in anything, but after hooping in more modern shoes like zoom Gt cut 2, Kobe 6, Jordan 37s its hard to go back. its also not just the cushioning, its the way the uppers are constructed to provide more stability, it's the upgrades in traction and the upgrades in the heel cup to really lock your ankle down + the lightweight materials used. modern basketball shoes will NEVER look as cool as the stuff from the 90s, but the benefits are there.
Everything you said is true. But I’m also in my 40s, with two reconstructed ankles. The flyknit and flywire era killed me. Sometimes things with too much tech makes it worse for me. Sometimes they don’t work well with my orthotics, sometimes they don’t give the support I need. I’’m also not 170lbs anymore like when I went into college.

It’s great there is more advancement in hoop sneaks, along with the reviews, etc…… It’s just hard to take a review as gospel, when everyone’s comfort level is different. At least for me. I’ll put on a KD1 or 2 before I would a 15 or 16 on the court. Wild, but they work better for me.

Everything you said is true. But I’m also in my 40s, with two reconstructed ankles. The flyknit and flywire era killed me. Sometimes things with too much tech makes it worse for me. Sometimes they don’t work well with my orthotics, sometimes they don’t give the support I need. I’’m also not 170lbs anymore like when I went into college.

It’s great there is more advancement in hoop sneaks, along with the reviews, etc…… It’s just hard to take a review as gospel, when everyone’s comfort level is different. At least for me. I’ll put on a KD1 or 2 before I would a 15 or 16 on the court. Wild, but they work better for me.
I hear where you’re coming from for sure. Everyone is different and I always give my two cents for sizing and comfort within my reviews but always encourage people to try them on first. If i could, I’d hoop in my air command force like Billy Hoyle.

I dunno those 90s players never got injured

I dunno those 90s players never got injured
This is so true

Some of these players barely missed a game it was just insane :lol:

MJ broke his foot in 85-86 season. He came back and including playoffs played in 1,017 of his next 1,024 games
Reggie Miller played in 1282 of 1308 games his first 15 seasons
Karl Malone played in 1606 of 1616 games his first 18 seasons
John Stockton played in 1683 of 1710 games in his career

This is so true

MJ broke his foot in 85-86 season. He came back and including playoffs played in 1,017 of his next 1,024 games
And these guys played inside the key with hand checking. And their salaries equivalent to what role players get now. Should be some added motivation to play all games with the money incentive, but no. It all comes down to conditioning and those players were either in practice or in the game

And these guys played inside the key with hand checking. And their salaries equivalent to what role players get now. Should be some added motivation to play all games with the money incentive, but no. It all comes down to conditioning and those players were either in practice or in the game
NBA on NBC, Eastern Conference playoff basketball>>>>>

I’ll take dudes like Vernon Maxwell, Derek Harper, Xavier McDaniel & Mario Elie over any role player today.

My old HS basketball coach was Johnny Moore from the Spurs (after he retired). He used to run with us in practice. That. Sh*t. Hurt. Made us a rugged team built for a state title run.

Vader in some flights not sure which ones.

IMG_9088.jpeg

I’m curious, was the zoom air in those very responsive like the Flightposite 3’s? Also, we’re these hard to put on? It looks like it is with that plastic heel cup.
Got all of mine from Marshall’s back then @ $39.99 lol. I never used these on court because there were way too many other sneakers I used back then. Main joints were the Zoom 2k3. However, I worked in a Cath Lab as well, and I had zero issues being in them 10-12 hours at a clip. Comfortable in that regard. Hyperflights though? Fuuuhhhgeddaboutit.

I liked the 92s better. But I hate Ohio State. S/o Jim Jackson though
IMG_0073.jpeg

Back on topic……sort of

The Alpha Project Flight Lite IIs. Anyone remember these? Had the black pair until about 4 years ago. Suede was cooked.
Exposed monkey paw. Side lacing. Extremely light.
IMG_0077.jpeg

IMG_0076.jpeg

The 92 Solo/Bound are 2 of my favorite shoes ever. That OSU Solo and the Notre Dame Bounds are amazing!

I wanted to like those Flight Lite II's. Tried them on with the intention of buying and just couldn't do it.

The 92 Solo/Bound are 2 of my favorite shoes ever. That OSU Solo and the Notre Dame Bounds are amazing!

I wanted to like those Flight Lite II's. Tried them on with the intention of buying and just couldn't do it.
Air Bounds were lost in the mix. Remember buying them in Ohio when I went to see my cousins at OSU. I loved that shoe.
IMG_0080.jpeg

I liked the second iteration of the Flight Lite II, just difficult to get on and the lacing always threw me. Ndestrukts were the same way.

This is so true

….load management my ***

Back
Top Bottom