Nike Air Flight Lite II retro looks to be coming

Finally gonna UNDs one of these next week now that I have a good reason to

20230928_160454.jpg

Probably my favorite purchase of 22. One of the few retros that Nike actually got right.
These and playoff 8s probably my favorite purchase of 2023. still eyeing a few sites to drop their price so I can double up on these. The fact these are still full price on some sites a year and some change later is crazy!

Olympic OG/Sample pair on Sotheby’s…..different than what we got with this retro. I am glad the factory lacing is no longer like this though.
IMG_0135.jpeg
IMG_0136.jpeg
IMG_0137.jpeg

Factory lacing was never like that. That's shoe store display "bar" lacing and it was a giant PITA. Shoes coming laced from the factory is a fairly recent thing, as they used to always come completely unlaced like AJ1's.

Still kinda confused as to why they didn't give us the silver leather on the retro. Didn't stop me from buying a couple of pairs though.

Factory lacing was never like that. That's shoe store display "bar" lacing and it was a giant PITA. Shoes coming laced from the factory is a fairly recent thing, as they used to always come completely unlaced like AJ1's.

Still kinda confused as to why they didn't give us the silver leather on the retro. Didn't stop me from buying a couple of pairs though.
Maybe you’re right, but 3 pairs I distinctly remember, definitely came out the box like that were just like the pic shown of the Flight Lites. My Air Force V lows, Air Bounds and Maestro 1s were all like this. One shoe had the bar lacing, the other was as you described. None were displays. At least from what I saw. A few one-offs maybe? Someone took the time to do it, don’t know why. If I’m wrong, I’m wrong, oh well. Maybe I just assumed everything I got was like that.

Last edited:
Tbh, I miss the days where they didn't factory lace the shoes. I unlace my joints whenever I get a new pair and let then sit for a while.

Maybe you’re right, but 3 pairs I distinctly remember, definitely came out the box like that were just like the pic shown of the Flight Lites. My Air Force V lows, Air Bounds and Maestro 1s were all like this. One shoe had the bar lacing, the other was as you described. None were displays. At least from what I saw. A few one-offs maybe? Someone took the time to do it, don’t know why. If I’m wrong, I’m wrong, oh well. Maybe I just assumed everything I got was like that.

Maybe a store specific thing? My Air Tech Challenge 2 Lavas I got at Foot Locker were laced that way, but I distinctly remember the worker lacing mine up to try on.

Tbh, I miss the days where they didn't factory lace the shoes. I unlace my joints whenever I get a new pair and let then sit for a while.

Same. It chokes and warps the shoes, and they're almost never pulled evenly.

Thanks for the heads up. Will check my factory store today or tomorrow. Wouldn't mind getting these for the right price. I'm feeling 30% off when it happens, so $70 is a good sweet spot for them.

Back
Top Bottom