Nike Air Foamposite One "Galaxy" 2/25/12: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING! YOU WILL BE BANNED!

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

They kind of did the right thing. No advance notice, but as of opening hours today they should've tweeted they had pairs unless...

A) Their restock was a small amount (under 10)
B) All along it was to go to employees who couldn't get or loyal customers.

But that tweet they put out was pointless.
Looking at the recap pics and story, people had a chance and the staff planned with good intentions. Was pretty much for their dedicated people that come in the store regularly or passer by's that stumbled upon them. I actually salute the Mercer crew for doing it this way. The way it should be, them doing that tweet was pointless though.

laugh.gif
 @ Nike 

i don't know who they're lying to with those staged pics....but my homie was at Mercer when they opened and not one pair of foamposites was on the shelf or sold while he was there copping some kicks and clothes.

We all know that was set up.

Those are definitely employees or friends of employees that were told to come at a certain time, they displayed a pair then took it right back down.

They were randomly placed on the shelves as you can see, that %$+% ain't fooling me for a second.

Why would someone go there with a DSLR at opening and just happen to snap some professional shots of random dudes with trying on Galaxy Foams and walking out with bags.

Nike doesn't care about Mercer being shady being they own the store, they know they will always get business no matter what.  

roll.gif

They kind of did the right thing. No advance notice, but as of opening hours today they should've tweeted they had pairs unless...

A) Their restock was a small amount (under 10)
B) All along it was to go to employees who couldn't get or loyal customers.

But that tweet they put out was pointless.
Looking at the recap pics and story, people had a chance and the staff planned with good intentions. Was pretty much for their dedicated people that come in the store regularly or passer by's that stumbled upon them. I actually salute the Mercer crew for doing it this way. The way it should be, them doing that tweet was pointless though.
They did the tweet so they didn't get a mob at the store once the news got out.

Honestly, the tweet was just like rubbing it in all our faces. Screw you 21 mercer. Never gonna cop from your shady *** business ever. NTNYC FTW!

Originally Posted by UPandCOMING32

laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
@ "limited quality"...pretty much sums up Nike Retro and Jordan Retros
laugh.gif

bahahahahahaahahahhaahaha!

I want those silver foams! 2 pair, definitely need one for that sole swap!

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Originally Posted by s dubl

this is nothing new with foams... my 2002 Pearl pros had scuffs that took off the paint as well... it was like a khaki/brown color underneath.

Never had that problem. I know OG royals have a problem with paint flaking off, but that's due to age. Of course I never played ball in foams. Then again, Mac Miller's a rapper. The most that could have been done was they were stepped on or he bumped in to things.
i seen da galaxies in person...da material is screenprinted on da foamposite which makes em vulnerable to scuffs....

I was there got my pair(s) a lot of og heads out there. I will tell you this this was a dry run nike is thinking of doing this with the yeezys too. Drop without telling the stores. This was also the remaining stock from the florida release during allstar weekend

After doing some research on this "random" restock at Mercer I personally believe that entire staff should be fired. Its a joke for that location to be Nike's top tier store in the city and it to be ran by corrupt employees.

Originally Posted by kingofny04

After doing some research on this "random" restock at Mercer I personally believe that entire staff should be fired. Its a joke for that location to be Nike's top tier store in the city and it to be ran by corrupt employees.

That's a hard statement to make...truth is you and most would do EXACTLY the same...

Let's not get it twisted..dudes make $8 maybe $9 dollars an hour...it's the prestige and sneaker flipping money that drives cats to work there...it ain't a career move...im sure maybe one or two hit the floor..the rest...straight out the back door to loyal shoppers...employees...friends of friends...and straight to FC...

Can't get mad at the hustle...just take a deep breath and move on...like it never even happened...

Everyone shoulda mobbed up there after they Tweeted. Like Everyone did last time. LOL

Would serve them being shady

This was a true re-stock. There were 100 pairs. If you don't know who manages Mercer now, you don't know what you're talking about. Talking about people getting fired...you don't know a damn thing.

Originally Posted by kingofny04

they're just sneakers.

talking about people getting fired is never that wave 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

This was a true re-stock. There were 100 pairs. If you don't know who manages Mercer now, you don't know what you're talking about. Talking about people getting fired...you don't know a damn thing.

100 pairs and probably what, less than 5 went to regular people? I don't even like the Galaxies, only Foams I own are the OG royals. But what these employees are doing is EXTRA thirsty. I understand they don't make a lot of money but buying up 95% of the stock is not what's up. I feel bad for the people who actually like these and want to wear them. In the end, I can't really blame them. I put all of the blame in Nike, they create this hype. They know exactly what they're doing, where else do you see people lining up for days for a product?

Lol @ Nike employees getting paid 8 or maybe 9 dollars . The minimum is $10 an hr, I know people who make 15 an hr working at niketown

Back
Top Bottom