NIKE AIR FORCE ROBINSON PUMPS??????????????????????

Owned these shoes for about 2 weeks, but in a white/blue/infared(?) colorway, before my my dad made me get them autographed @ Spurs camp one day. Disappointed, because they were a good shoe, but also because I'm a Blazers fan. So bring em back.

Originally Posted by trethousandgt

remember for years people said the 180's would never come back because of a lawsuit on the technology yet Nike some how has brought them back a few times over the years.

IIRC, that was a dispute with Avia over the cushioning, not the inflatable system. (?)
Don't own any 180 retros, but wouldn't surprise me if the cushioning unit was revised.. it certainly shrank a fair bit.

As for the Dumb thing... in *some* ways, i think Nike ARE dumb.

They rewrite their own history by failing to reproduce some of their most beloved shoes properly, and then undermine their retailers by pushing up suggestedretail
prices.

They know darn well that something like the Total Max Uptempo won't shift that well at $160, and they don't care. All that's about is grubbingextra wholesale revenue.
Never mind the undersized air bag, the oversized midsole, from 15 foot away you can tell the upper isn't even close.

How can we expect a company like that, to reproduce something like the Command Force, or 180 high, shoes with relatively limited appeal, when they wont evenreproduce something as popular as the neon 95s properly?

I would love if Nike actually had some real competition again... they've become lazy, complacent, and just plain too greedy.

That fact that Reebok reproduced the Pumps so accurately is fantastic.

Unfortunately, Nike are a very different company from Reebok.

I had these 180 Pumps back in the day. My parents scored them on a trip to america. once i had worn the hell out of them and the ankle pump area had broken Icut the tops off and made them into a low cut shoe. They were sweet as a low. I'd cop if they were retroed for sure. Also had a pair of original reebokpumps but loved the 180's heaps more.

would cost an arm n leg if they did retro these, but id appreciate the effort from nike if they did

YO!

laugh.gif

Greg Kite was the easiest person to recognize, aside from David.

DF!!!

Pump or no pump, it would be GREAT if Nike released a retro of these. Sadly, like most guys have said, they'd probably cost $175+ and be a limited releasenobody could get.

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

When are we going to see the Nike Air Force Pump series retroed? Either first shoe or the 180 model?
267086869.jpg
Damn! Thats my kitchen!... Heh heh heh....

Well in a couple days its gonna be the 20th annv since the commands were made, so were way overdue for a retro of these. Id get them even without the pumps inthem as long as they looked at least 90% identical to the og's to make them more affordable for everyone. Its not like the pumps were ever good foranything anyhow, just a sales gimmick like air bubbles, zoom air, shox, flywire, etc. Its a shame there isint already a retro of these tho, since theyvealready retrod much crappier shoes on us with few og colorways. But with the way nike has degenerated over the past decade im just not that hopeful anymore.Unless youve kept a pair of these sealed in a dark, argon filled and temperature controlled steel box since 1990, your outta luck, sadly.
frown.gif

Nike should give the plans to Reebok and let them do it. Blast RBK all you want, but their retro shoes are fantastic quality, and I would hate to see Nikebutcher this shoe, which they would

Originally Posted by Trydan

Id get them even without the pumps in them as long as they looked at least 90% identical to the og's

word...the pump would not be a deal breaker for me. I have a pair of the Alife Pumps and I only pumped them like 2 times since I had them. I like this shoejust for the nostalgia and look of them. nothing more.
the thing about this shoe is who'd actually WEAR them? I remember even back when they came out they were SUPER high and would look incredibly lame worncasually imo

I'd love for these to release
pimp.gif

My guess is that if Nike were to release it, it would be a QS, limited, or HOH drop.

Definitely getting a pair if they retro these and if they do retro, I hope they do not retro it some wierd colorway.

Definitely getting a pair if they retro these and if they do retro, I hope they do not retro it some wierd colorway.

smokin.gif
�Please retro the Nike Air 180 Pumps or the earlier model. This isalmost the only significant shoe from the early 1990s they havent retroed.

Originally Posted by AirAnt23

YO!
Originally Posted by Tryday

Id get them even without the pumps in them as long as they looked at least 90% identical to the og's

This.

DF!!!

IMO that defeats the purpose of re-releasing them, its a pump shoe, why would i buy a pump shoe that doesn't pump, you guys make it like its rocket sciencefor them to re-create these shoes, its really not.

my buddy had them when we was in 6th grade, and even back then those joints were like 160, i wanted so bad, but ##$!, way to expensive.
if nike redo em they will probably have a price tag of like 200 + and i stress the +... we wont be able to afford them now either!! damn you nike!!

Back
Top Bottom