Nike Air Jordan 1 "Chicago" - May 30, 2015. (LEGIT CHECK IN 1st POST)

How many pairs will you be copping?

• "1" is all I need.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 2. One to rock, One to stock.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • 3+. I need to hoard for no valid reason.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 0. No OG Box? PASS.

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
These and Hare 7's in the same month…

3b8c4333_ILC303-1.gif

Yo If anyone can cop a size 12 for the Chicago's and is willing to sell for retail I will pay, just look me up on eBay: ssgoku*10.  I have a feeling my internet won't be that fast since I won't be at college when they come on and I live in a rural area where LTE internet is as slow as dial up!

Yeah, kind of am but I know my internet won't be able to compete with bots and/or other with faster internet, The remasters are selling for $160-$165 when they drop so I will pay about $180 plus shipping if it comes to $200 or more then I'm out.

Dang, $140 for some Jordan 1 lows?
sick.gif
This stupid monopoly of a company is a joke. But there are too many fanboys to stop any of what's going on. JB is bending us over big time. You can't simply let them charge you 140 for highs and 1 year later accept paying that for lows.... If we let this happen, what's to stop them from charging 200 for 11 lows next year... idiots would pay for them too. If they did a space jam 11 low for $199 in 2015 it would sell out
mean.gif
 You have to pretty much be a clown to be "in the Jordan game" now days. Nothing but brainless sheep followers

This stupid monopoly of a company is a joke. But there are too many fanboys to stop any of what's going on. JB is bending us over big time. You can't simply let them charge you 140 for highs and 1 year later accept paying that for lows.... If we let this happen, what's to stop them from charging 200 for 11 lows next year... idiots would pay for them too. If they did a space jam 11 low for $199 in 2015 it would sell out :smh:  You have to pretty much be a clown to be "in the Jordan game" now days. Nothing but brainless sheep followers

I agree with this.

"monopoly"

Nike is at 31% marketshare. That aint even close to a monopoly. So many different options out there.
It may be 31%, but let's be honest here: If it's not a collaboration or a limited release, NO OTHER BRAND SELLS OUT. If you see a GR Fila or Reebok sell out, let me know. I don't think he literally meant a monopoly, but rather Nike is the only brand that has consumers desiring their products so easily.

GR means different things for different brands. Asics has had a few GR releases sell out over the last few years (Urban Camo's for instance). But I doubt GR for them is more than 20k pairs. But they have other GRs that sit so it is a fair comparison.

Also part of the reason Nike sells GRs is because they want the free advertising from selling pairs they could've manufacured more of. Besides Nike and Adidas, other shoe companies are content with manufacturing enough to match demand (when it comes to GRs). You gotta keep that in mind.

"Riots over Christmas Jordan 11"
"Limited nikes sell for 3x retail"
"[Basketball Player/Actor/Rapper/Celebrity] wore very limited Js/SBs/Air Forces"

All of that is the best advertising Nike could ask for.

They learned from the waning of Air Forces that making hundreds of "limited" colorways is a better strategy in the long run than manufacturing to match demand.

Last edited:

Yo If anyone can cop a size 12 for the Chicago's and is willing to sell for retail I will pay, just look me up on eBay: ssgoku*10.  I have a feeling my internet won't be that fast since I won't be at college when they come on and I live in a rural area where LTE internet is as slow as dial up!
ill start planning my schedule right now bro, just so i can get u ur sz 12 and probably end up losing money to sell u a 160 shoe for 180...160 plus tax and shipping minus fees. 

Lemme start calling my local stores and upgrade my internet connection now.

I feel a lot of people will be fiending for these.

Hope the release would be like the Black/White's

Not to be redundant, but It still amazes me that the AIR JORDAN 1 LOWS are retailing for $140!!!!!!! Basically, a pair of Nike dunks with a Jordan wing logo..SMDH! I won't be getting those!

Not trying to derail the thread but Hare's 7 are confirmed with these as well???:nerd: I'm holding back on resell...

Had to drive an hour to get the black and white ogs from a jimmy down the way. My local fta where I copped breds didn't even get these. Needless to say I'm in Alabama and the hick town I went to had a fsr in blk/whites around 2 .. I copped like 5 pairs (8 for wifey, 9,9.5,10, and 10.5 for me). Looking to trade my 10 and 9.5 for shadows in 10.5. Does that seem possible? If not I'll unload at the right time and hunt down shadows. Needless to say I found a new spot to cop og 1s since nobody wears them around here

Last edited:
ill start planning my schedule right now bro, just so i can get u ur sz 12 and probably end up losing money to sell u a 160 shoe for 180...160 plus tax and shipping minus fees.

Lemme start calling my local stores and upgrade my internet connection now.
If your serious, thanks man I appreciate it because the internet out in rural area is like Windows '98!

Everybody has their favorite One's. Some prefer the Breds, others the Royals. These right here, are my favorite, and one of my favorite J's period. Needless to say I'm about to be on it. 

Back
Top Bottom