Nike Air Jordan 1 "Chicago" - May 30, 2015. (LEGIT CHECK IN 1st POST)

How many pairs will you be copping?

• "1" is all I need.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 2. One to rock, One to stock.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • 3+. I need to hoard for no valid reason.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 0. No OG Box? PASS.

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
I should have gone for raffles today cause L.A. too spread out to do tomorrow.

I'm good, but I can always use more purrs.

is this a jb forum phenomenon or am i out of touch w nt, but jesus the open talking bout bots and atc is nuts

Just a side story while we wait.

Went to get a raffle ticket a UTC FTL today, asked the SA (that told me they worked there for 3 years) about the madness/line for the unclaimed pairs of xi lows on Saturday. Says 'yea, it's always crazy for those', I ask 'you guys did FCFS?' replies 'yea, we always do'. I then ask, 'well what about the legend blues, I came in at 430 and and you guys said you were raffling off the unclaimed pairs back in December, was that a lie?' SA was like this: :rolleyes

:smh: prolly not gonna win that raffle now either...

is this a jb forum phenomenon or am i out of touch w nt, but jesus the open talking bout bots and atc is nuts

Well, bots and ATC services are as much a part of getting your hands on a coveted sneaker now as raffles and camping used to be. No one is really advertising a bot or ATC service and no one is trying to sell anything, so I think it's fair game to discuss how a majority of nt'ers and other folks will be acquiring their pairs. It's just the reality of the situation now, it truly sucks, especially for guys like me that remember the days when you could walk into Sports Authority and grab the latest J's from that giant Nike display they used to have across from the entrance with no hassle. Good ole days, I'm sure it will get so crazy in the future that 10 years from now people will say 'man, I remember when we could just use ATC!'.

Last edited:
Did my rounds today, entered 3 raffles and 2 Shiekh online raffles. If I don't win a raffle there is about 4 places doing FCFS and 1 HOH doing guarantee tickets. Hopefully, I won't have to resort to camping.

Just a side story while we wait.

Went to get a raffle ticket a UTC FTL today, asked the SA (that told me they worked there for 3 years) about the madness/line for the unclaimed pairs of xi lows on Saturday. Says 'yea, it's always crazy for those', I ask 'you guys did FCFS?' replies 'yea, we always do'. I then ask, 'well what about the legend blues, I came in at 430 and and you guys said you were raffling off the unclaimed pairs back in December, was that a lie?' SA was like this: :rolleyes

:smh: prolly not gonna win that raffle now either...
December was almost 6 months ago. Why bring up something negative that will risk your chance of entry in the raffle? Sales associates are often clueless so it makes even less sense doing that.

I just sold a jacket from my clothing line so the cost of my cart just got covered. So it'll be like getting a spare pair for retail

December was almost 6 months ago. Why bring up something negative that will risk your chance of entry in the raffle? Sales associates are often clueless so it makes even less sense doing that.

I was just making small talk...it took a turn I didn't plan on it taking, from bred lows to Dec. SA followed up the eye roll with 'sometimes we do a re-raffle if it's a crazy release'. Sure, I believe you.

Last edited:
I was just making small talk...it took a turn I didn't plan on it taking, from bred lows to Dec. SA followed up the eye roll with 'sometimes we do a re-raffle if it's a crazy release'. Sure, I believe you.
i feel you, but sometimes little things like that will make your raffle ticket invalid

Anyone who was actually around for royals and black and reds knew it.

The problem was that you had random new people who obviously had no experience with the hyped NA 1's coming in saying things would be easy if you did your homework.

there were also a lot of "regulars" here who were doubting how difficult these would be to get. Goes both ways. Baffled me.

I won't mention any names. I already see those changing their tune and acting like they knew these would be difficult all along. :lol:

***runs to check paypal because of famprice acting a fool only to see I wasn't part of team $250. Safe

But I don't feel good about giving my money to clowns like that.

I called up eblens in CT asked if they getting chi 1's this weekend, her answer was "most likely" then I told her I was gonna come in tomorr to put in raffles then she told me it's not confirm yet,I ask her why is that? Then she said usually retro 1's they have hard time selling or people around here don't like them and I'm the only guy that called and ask for them....so I'm like "what no way...these are the OG's...then she giggles and says "yea I know",I told her I wanted to cop at least 3 pairs..or if I can ill buy all the fsr..then she kinda pulse for a second and says"well we"ll see about that..just call back tomorr after 1:00. Now I'm starting to get the idea this shorty will hook me up...lol

Kid probably took his ticket right out :lol:

Now 54 entries after hitting Serramonte. 2 more tomorrow. Still don't feel the least bit safe in getting a single pair.

My man, you deserve a pair after all that work put in. I figure with the time, energy, and gas money you spent you could have paid for one pair at resell...but if you're going off retail principle, hats off.
Nah it wasn't that big of a deal. I had the day off and we did some other shopping. 5 hrs of work and $20 in gas is well worth it. I never do these raffles but this shoe is worth it to me, being my first retro in '94.

Nah it wasn't that big of a deal. I had the day off and we did some other shopping. 5 hrs of work and $20 in gas is well worth it. I never do these raffles but this shoe is worth it to me, being my first retro in '94.

Don't matter, you better win some pairs. I had the day off and I did 2 raffles and I'm done :lol:

Back
Top Bottom