Nike Air Jordan 1 "Chicago" - May 30, 2015. (LEGIT CHECK IN 1st POST)

How many pairs will you be copping?

• "1" is all I need.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 2. One to rock, One to stock.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • 3+. I need to hoard for no valid reason.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 0. No OG Box? PASS.

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters

There it is folks, the mentality of the new age "sneakerhead"
new age? people have been doing that for how long now, 10+ years?
laugh.gif
Exactly. That's been the deal since forever.
It's also comical hat a lot of dudes will moan and complain about resellers but then turn around and pay an add to cart service like it's not the same thing.
That has not been the deal forever.

I use to be able to wake up and head to the store when I got there and still secure my pair.

If it was a popular pair you use to be able to drop an extra 20 to 50 and secure your pair.

I do not own any kinda of cheating system to get pairs. And I can afford my shoes, if I were to double/triple up I wouldnt be doing it to pay for another pair.

I dont get how you say this is how things were forever, u sound unexperienced saying that.

You've been reselling for 10+ years? You were ahead of the curve....Wait Corgi is that you?

yeah i clearly said i've been doing that for 10+ years. if you don't know dudes have been buying multiples and selling extras to get theirs free and/or make a profit i don't know what to tell you. when SBs were what everyone was going for years ago people were doing that all day. tiff lows, de la highs, etc. croatian style coming up on all those paris' he copped at the outlet. but yeah reselling hasnt been going on for 10+ years man, you right

It's also comical hat a lot of dudes will moan and complain about resellers but then turn around and pay an add to cart service like it's not the same thing.
PREACH PREACHER!  I say get it how you feel, if you dont want to pay resale then don't.  Complaining about resellers is like complaining about having to pay taxes.  Its not going anywhere..

Well best of luck for you im sure you will cook
pimp.gif

This release is def crazy. The love for Jordan 1s have def grown to heights I never would've imagined. I was lucky to get 2, but going for one more. Chicago patenet 1s were my first Jordans ever. Paid with my own cash cuz parents didnt buy me Jordans. So these has sentimental value for me.

Hope you, and everyone prosper
same exact story for me fam. Best luck to you.. Still have my pair sitting on my dresser but does not fit anymore. Need to have these

There it is folks, the mentality of the new age "sneakerhead"

new age? people have been doing that for how long now, 10+ years? :lol:

$40 for a ATC in comparison to $200 + over retail isn't the same thing J :lol:

state of the thread

I luv this gif :lol:

It's the same thing. Actually the atc people make MORE than your beloved resellers considering they can get hundreds to thousands of customers AND they are taking inventory from the "normal" customers just like a reseller does. It's just a new way of reselling without having to actually purchase the product or ship it.

That's some seriously close minded thinking if you are serious.

Last edited:

PREACH PREACHER!  I say get it how you feel, if you dont want to pay resale then don't.  Complaining about resellers is like complaining about having to pay taxes.  Its not going anywhere..
False mentality, if we the community stop being hype beasts and supporting them will they continue to mess it up for folks who actually want to aquire shoes?  Can't sell something that doesn't have buyers.

False mentality, if we the community stop being hype beasts and supporting them will they continue to mess it up for folks who actually want to aquire shoes?  Can't sell something that doesn't have buyers.
RIGHT and they will ALWAYS have buyers!

Try and apply that logic anywhere and tell me how it ends up. All you are doing is preaching to the choir just like we alway say we should boycott nike for raising the prices of shoes so much every year.

It is what it is at this point. You can either live with it or move on. This holds true for everything in life we don't need.

Try and apply that logic anywhere and tell me how it ends up. All you are doing is preaching to the choir just like we alway say we should boycott nike for raising the prices of shoes so much every year.

It is what it is at this point. You can either live with it or move on. This holds true for everything in life we don't need.
EXACTLY

they'll probably sell when they discount it at $10 anyway and by that time the 1s would probably retail at 180

RIGHT and they will ALWAYS have buyers!
Yes but we know we have the power, we have seen hyped pairs have a crazy resell value and drastically drop because people aren't taking the.

I only gave my 2 cents not to complain but promote ethics which use to exist amongst sneakerheads. Folks going hard to resell a pair of shoes, for all that work you could of done something 10x easier to make an extra $100. I made my comments above because I want everyone to eat,

Last edited by a moderator:
Yet ANOTHER reason to hate eBay and what "shoe culture" has become. I decide to sell my DS 2013 pair to get funds for this 2015 Nike Air pair. I receive 2 messages telling me they are fake, both from bidders with less time on eBay and less feedback. I registered in 1999 and have 800+ feedbacks, primarily from buying and selling shoes. To top it off, I have the BUYER who ALREADY paid e-mail me me questioning if they are legit or not and asking for a refund if not. I CLEARLY state in the description to contact me BEFORE you bid with questions. Also stated they were the 2013 pair with the Jumpman, NOT NIKE AIR. The kicker is the buyer said he posted on here, Niketalk and received info saying they were fake. Checked the legit forum, never saw a post questioning my shoes. I've been here since '99 and have done PLENTY of transactions on here.

WOW

Has the internet and the explosion of social media brought all the wrong kind of people to our beloved subculture? Or what used to be called a subculture?

I don't care if I sound old and salty at this point and I'm only 29. It's getting sickening on multiple levels from just trying to get the shoes all the way to trying to sell them on the former greatest place to get kicks from anywhere in the world, eBay.

Back
Top Bottom