Nike Air Jordan 1 "Chicago" - May 30, 2015. (LEGIT CHECK IN 1st POST)

How many pairs will you be copping?

• "1" is all I need.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 2. One to rock, One to stock.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • 3+. I need to hoard for no valid reason.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 0. No OG Box? PASS.

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters

It irritates the **** out of me that the Chicago 1s that dropped 2 years ago got no love. Now because the pair releasing in May has Nike Air and no Jumpman people are seeing dollar signs and the hype is unreal smh. I know the pair from 2013 wasn't OG treatment, but it was the same colorway and no one wanted them. I got my pair easily in 2013 I hope it'll be the same this year 

- Horrible Quality

- Bad Shape 

- Jumpman on the tongue 

- Better Quality

- OG Shape (Higher Cut)

- Nike Air on the tongue 

these are the reasons why ppl passed on the 13' version. These are valid reasons why someone would get the 2015 instead. If you think colorway matters than why are the bred and royal dunks sitting right now? Why are the Bred Straps with the funny toebox sitting?  I'm sick  of ppl thinking its all hype and theres a selective few ppl in this planet that actaully like this shoe. The shoe is a classic and releasing in OG form. What did you expect would happen.

Last edited:

- Horrible Quality

- Bad Shape 

- Jumpman on the tongue 

- Better Quality

- OG Shape (Hugher Cut)

- Nike Air on the tongue 

these are the reasons why ppl passed on the 13' version. These are valid reasons why someone would get the 2015 instead. If you think colorway matters than why are the bred and royal dunks sitting right now? Why are the Bred Straps with the funny toebox sitting?  I'm sick  of ppl thinking its all hype and theres a selective few ppl in this planet that actaully like this shoe. The shoe is a classic and releasing in close to OG form. What do you expect to happen.

- Horrible Quality
- Bad Shape 
- Jumpman on the tongue 

- Better Quality
- OG Shape (Higher Cut)
- Nike Air on the tongue 

these are the reasons why ppl passed on the 13' version. These are valid reasons why someone would get the 2015 instead. If you think colorway matters than why are the bred and royal dunks sitting right now? Why are the Bred Straps with the funny toebox sitting?  I'm sick  of ppl thinking its all hype and theres a selective few ppl in this planet that actaully like this shoe. The shoe is a classic and releasing in OG form. What did you expect would happen.

Valid argument and I agree about the 2015 pair being superior in every way. The point I was trying to make is a good amount of people hear "OG 1" and the first thing they think of is how much money they can make flipping pairs and that's what irritates me. Reselling is a part of the game now for better or worse. Guess I just have to accept it and cough up resell prices for my 2015 pair

Last edited:
Valid argument and I agree about the 2015 pair being superior in every way. The point I was trying to make is a good amount of people hear "OG 1" and the first thing they think of is how much money they can make flipping pairs and that's what irritates me. Reselling is a part of the game now for better or worse. Guess I just have to accept it and cough up resell prices for my 2015 pair
**** THAT **** THAT if I have find you a pair for retail I would....**** RAPESELLERS

**** THAT **** THAT if I have find you a pair for retail I would....**** RAPESELLERS
You stole my nickname I gave to the resellers
laugh.gif

One day I'm going to go on eBay and ask a seller could they do $230 or $250 on a pair of DS Bred, Shadow, or Royal
laugh.gif

Surprised JB kept the retail price reasonable. If these were like $200, probably would still sell out asap. Thanks JB.

Surprised JB kept the retail price reasonable. If these were like $200, probably would still sell out asap. Thanks JB.
These are a GR, the price is going to be $160 (the price now for Jordan 1 High OG); special Jordan 1s and Collab 1s are usually $185.

Why would you be surprised? Prices already went up on these. you're part of the reason prices continue to rise.

You act like he's doing you a favor. Prices on J's are at an all time high.

Last edited:

It irritates the **** out of me that the Chicago 1s that dropped 2 years ago got no love. Now because the pair releasing in May has Nike Air and no Jumpman people are seeing dollar signs and the hype is unreal smh. I know the pair from 2013 wasn't OG treatment, but it was the same colorway and no one wanted them. I got my pair easily in 2013 I hope it'll be the same this year 
Initially I was pretty stoked when they released the Chicago colorway in 2013 but for some reason I found them to be rather uncomfortable and I haven't worn them a lot. And the quality obviously wasn't very good compared to older versions. So after all I have to say I totally get why the 2013s weren't that popular.

Initially I was pretty stoked when they released the Chicago colorway in 2013 but for some reason I found them to be rather uncomfortable and I haven't worn them a lot. And the quality obviously wasn't very good compared to older versions. So after all I have to say I totally get why the 2013s weren't that popular.
the 2013 chicagos needed lots of leather treatment and rough handling (like a baseball glove) to not hurt when i walked but after the sessions i put on them they feel tons better but i still will be gunning for the new release and donate my other pair to someone who needs them

what I don't get is why that year, every other OG hi retro got the NA tongue and black heel and better leather but the chicagos got the most garbage honorable retro. Royals early 2013 had good leather, Shadows mid 2013 had good leather, Breds end of 2013 had good leather. Even the mid 2013 blacktoes had better leather than the mid 2013 chicagos.

what I don't get is why that year, every other OG hi retro got the NA tongue and black heel and better leather but the chicagos got the most garbage honorable retro. Royals early 2013 had good leather, Shadows mid 2013 had good leather, Breds end of 2013 had good leather. Even the mid 2013 blacktoes had better leather than the mid 2013 chicagos.
it makes absolutely no sense or does it? so they made money on the chicagos (they sold out anyways but not immediately) and will make even more money on these chicagos off people who skipped or people who thought they wouldnt realease with NA on them so actually it was genius of them and here we are again pulling out our wallets for an epic shoe that is finally worthy of my money

Two reasons:

For whatever brilliant reason, Jordan Brand tried to do two lines of I's that year. One that was true to the original in detail, and another that just wasn't. They needed a pair that would make dudes look at the Jumpman line, and decided to use Chicagos. Just be glad that it was those instead of yet another sub-par Black/Red retro or something.

Secondly, because they can. People that passed in '13 will buy these. People that copped in '13 will buy these. It really doesn't matter, so why not get paid twice? :lol:

Well if that was the case, JB and Nike would've been much smarter to make all OG hi retros that year all jumman logo'ed out and then make 2015 remastered NA, you'll get twice as more people who would've definitely picked up 2013 royals and Breds with jumpman and then come back 2015 and picked up remastered NA

I mean the 2013 chicagos didn't grab as much as attention as the 2013 royals did, even if they gave the royals the jumpman crap leather treatment. Royals were due a release so people would've ate that up regardless.

Last edited:
- Horrible Quality
- Bad Shape 
- Jumpman on the tongue 

- Better Quality
- OG Shape (Higher Cut)
- Nike Air on the tongue 

any idea if this will be GR? or couple sizes per pair type of deal? these are looking real real real good to me..

Well if that was the case, JB and Nike would've been much smarter to make all OG hi retros that year all jumman logo'ed out and then make 2015 remastered NA, you'll get twice as more people who would've definitely picked up 2013 royals and Breds with jumpman and then come back 2015 and picked up remastered NA

I mean the 2013 chicagos didn't grab as much as attention as the 2013 royals did, even if they gave the royals the jumpman crap leather treatment. Royals were due a release so people would've ate that up regardless.

Valid point, they could have very well double-dipped on every pair. A lot of moves made by Nike/JB lead me to believe that they treat their current 'can't lose' situation like they're playing jenga though. Can't get too adventurous in one shot and **** a good thing up.

I think the main goal of both lines was to try to extend the range of colorways that people care about on Jordan Is, while simultaneously getting people who had started to no longer care for the model back on board.

Last edited:
Good discussion though, I just didn't get why they shafted the chicagos that year. Was hoping for someone to school me on that :lol:

Around 2013 was when I started my own business (not sneaker related) so I passed on every release. But honestly I would've probably passed on the 2013 chicagos or at the least return it after I got it because of how they treated that version compared to every single OG Hi that year. Like da fuq, I don't want this.

Back
Top Bottom