Nike Air Jordan 1 Retro "Black Toe" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

Nothing like nostalgia!  Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the original Black Toes have a white tongue?  MJ wore a pair with black tongues but the release had white.

Yeah, the only time they came out with the black tongue was in the Old Love/New Love pack, but they were mids with the Jumpman on the tongue and back heel. [emoji]128078[/emoji]

I meant original as in the pair he had on in the promo shots. [emoji]128077[/emoji]

Last edited:
anyone else think these hurt your feet compared to other 1's? i have almost every og pair from the last couple years and these hurt the top of my feet where my toes bend
are you wearing inserts with 'em?....i think these are hella comfortable to my '13s and overall as comfortable as my other 1s from the remastered class. however, when I wear inserts in some of my remastered 1s I find the top of foot is less comfortable. 

are you wearing inserts with 'em?....i think these are hella comfortable to my '13s and overall as comfortable as my other 1s from the remastered class. however, when I wear inserts in some of my remastered 1s I find the top of foot is less comfortable. 
To tell you the truth, I've never owned a pair of Jordan 1's that I felt were comfortable.  After a long day in them, my feet always hurt a little.  Remember, they have tech from 1985, hence terrible cushioning lol.  Insoles may fix that issue.  It seems the leather on the newer releases are softer so that should provide a bit more comfort in that aspect.

To tell you the truth, I've never owned a pair of Jordan 1's that I felt were comfortable.  After a long day in them, my feet always hurt a little.  Remember, they have tech from 1985, hence terrible cushioning lol.  Insoles may fix that issue.  It seems the leather on the newer releases are softer so that should provide a bit more comfort in that aspect.

Quite true that 1's do not have same technology as other Jordan models.

Over the years, having owned just about every Jordan model that has come out, I rate the 1's comfort level (for me) in the middle of the road.
Like the other poster said, after I few hours wearing them I will want to change into another style.

Softer than the '14 NA Black/Whites?

My pair of '13 Shadows in comparison to '14 B/Ws, my B/Ws are fluffy as hell when compared with my Shadows

My black and whites were softer than my shadows

My black and whites weren't far off from the 16 black toes

Went to footlocker and saw a random pair sitting at the register size 10.5. It was a return.

Copped but I need a 9.5. I'll find a trade somewhere
At this point I think trades are hard, people have either paid resale or traded already

At this point I think trades are hard, people have either paid resale or traded already

Yeah your right. I might have one guy who might trade with me next week but not definite so it has been harfld to find.

Unless someone here wants to help me out

If not I'll just sell and use that to pay resale. These aren't reselling for that much anyways

I have these in 11.5 and I feel I could've went down .5
Would an 11 in the banneds work for me or should I go TTS?

I know this is the black toe thread but did anyone put waterproofer on their bred's yet. I saw the video of what crep protect did and Im not sure what type of waterproofer is safe

I know this is the black toe thread but did anyone put waterproofer on their bred's yet. I saw the video of what crep protect did and Im not sure what type of waterproofer is safe
What video you talking about?

Haven't laced my breds yet but I used Allen Edmonds waterproofing spray on my black toes to no ill effect.  Did crep protect ruin some breds or something?

Last edited:

Yeah saw the video ... had already Crep'd them with no problem. Used light coats

Why tf would anyone waterproof leather shoes? This isnt suede, nubuck, or durabuck. Water isn't gonna damage your shoe and if it did the last thing you'd have to worry about is what it'd do to the leather. You'd have to worry about getting your shoes water logged and mildew/mold forming on the inside.

Yeah that never really made sense to me, waters just gonna run off the leather anyways, its not like water repellent seals the perforations to make it water proof..

Yeah that never really made sense to me, waters just gonna run off the leather anyways, its not like water repellent seals the perforations to make it water proof..
I think the main reason I've read about people who did it was because they were afraid that red leather was going to absorb a lot of water like the Orange from the SBBs.

are these gonna get some holiday restocks? I got no luck with 1s :smh:

Hope so... These were the only 1's I was unable to come up on for retail this year and from my understanding this release should have been rather tame by comparison.

If these do restock I like my chances being that the going resale rate might make resellers a little bit apprehensive to eat up stock.

wait, people think water can't damage leather?

roll.gif

hope yall don't wear your 1s in the rain.

Back
Top Bottom