Nike Air Jordan 1 Retro "Black Toe" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

The hell with the explanation they have on the Footsites. The "head start" reference can be very misleading. It will have an unassuming user thinking that there is some manual involvement in reserving your sneaker. All you do is select your shoe, the stores you want to enter, your size and then play the waiting game. Just wait for the timer to reach zero and check your results.

Head start simply means the Footsites will choose from a pool of their "loyal" customer base first, starting with the 6 minuters, and then so on so forth. It is mainly just a play on words to keep their selection system from coming off as biased.

Good luck!!! :smokin

Yes I found it very confusing on FTL site (and I like to consider mysef pretty competent person ha) hence my coming on here to ask- maybe someone can break it down better for me.

App says I need to "check in" before 6pm today for my "3 min head start" to apply. Just not sure what that means as I did the "pick 3 stores" which seems like guaranteed raffle form. Why would I have to check in at a store also?

Last edited:
View media item 2218619

Kinda annoyed, but my local shop already had ghost chairs..

These dudes alwayse show up the morning of lol

wait..how does that even work? Nobody touches the chairs and they arrive a few hours before the store opens and still claim their spot on line? How do people go along with that?

No idea, it's been going on for years and I've asked that a million times. Don't understand it at all

Yes I found it very confusing on FTL site (and I like to consider mysef pretty competent person ha) hence my coming on here to ask- maybe someone can break it down better for me.

App says I need to "check in" before 6pm today for my "3 min head start" to apply. Just not sure what that means as I did the "pick 3 stores" which seems like guaranteed raffle form. Why would I have to check in at a store also?
if you check in at the store it gives you an extra minute head start, on the countdown. So instead of going live at 6pm they'll pick from a pool of people with the same head start as you.

Last edited:

You only have to check in at one of the three stores selected on your app and it will apply to all three of your selections. You only get one extra minute for doing so, i.e. moved up to the next raffle tier.

Last edited:

if you check in at the store it gives you an extra minute head start, on the countdown. So instead of going live at 6pm they'll pick from a pool of people with the same head start as you.
I got all 3 points (store check in, vip and platinum) but what do they mean head start? they pick your reservation earlier??

edit; nvmd I get it. so you get into a pool that will be picked earlier than live 6pm time.

Last edited:

Makes sense...got it now...looks like I have to run to FTL on lunch and "check in" geez what am I doing with my life haha technology crazy

Team Early in my Nt Denim 
nthat.gif

14723203_190579688063189_7342234107042070528_n.jpg

jk these are the 13's

Really annoyed these are rather limited. I'm beginning to accept my L, and online I'm never able to cop.

Only two people in the Toronto thread received calls so far, and both from one store, when there were four stores in the Toronto area that were holding raffles. Hopefully more calls are made today.

Last edited:
ok to break it down, the FTL app has 4 of headstarts; 3 minutes, 4 minutes, 5 minutes and 6 minutes

if you are not a FTL VIP Platinum customer meaning you haven't spent more than $300 in 1 year on your Footlocker VIP account, you only get the headstart of 3 Minutes. You can increase your headstart to 4 minutes if you check in at any of the 3 selected stores. A check in requires a code either input by you given by an employee or the employee secretly inputs the code for you. A successful check-in will earn you that extra 1 minute headstart

If you are a FTL VIP Platinum customer, you get a headstart of 5 Minutes and you can earn an extra minute by checking-in. This will give you a 6 Minute headstart which is the maximum headstart anyone can get. 

of course you can not check in if you don't have time to head to the FTL, but checking in gives you a 1 minute bonus which increases your odds.

Thursday is the countdown on the app right now where your headstarts and your store selection and size selection gets LOCKED IN. Meaning when the timer hits 0 today, you cannot change your preferred store pick up or your preferred size. You also cannot check in today after the timer hits 0. After this timer is up, a NEW countdown timer starts of when the shoes go live tomorrow on Friday. Usually its 5:30PM or 6PM. BUT if you have a headstart of 6 minutes, your timer will countdown to 5:24PM and you get dumped in the 6 minute pool where they select winners from a pool of ONLY 6 minute headstarters. After that, the 5 minute headstart pools get picked, then the 4 minute pool and lastly the 3 minute pool gets picked. Usually the higher minute headstart you have, the better chances you are of getting selected, though it is not 100% guaranteed. Based on the past few releases utilizing the reservation launch app, 3m headstart pool rarely gets selected. 

The same system goes for FootActions reservation app

Last edited:

Really annoyed these are rather limited. I'm beginning to accept my L, and online I'm never able to cop.

Only two people in the Toronto thread received calls so far, and both from one store, when there were four stores in the Toronto area that were holding raffles. Hopefully more calls are made today.
We can only hope... 
laugh.gif
 I was hoping these would be easier to get here compared to America but it seems just as bad if not worse. There was a lineup behind me to get into the raffle at Yorkdale the other day.

Last edited:
ok to break it down, the FTL app has 4 of headstarts; 3 minutes, 4 minutes, 5 minutes and 6 minutes

if you are not a FTL VIP Platinum customer meaning you haven't spent more than $300 in 1 year on your Footlocker VIP account, you only get the headstart of 3 Minutes. You can increase your headstart to 4 minutes if you check in at any of the 3 selected stores. A check in requires a code either input by you given by an employee or the employee secretly inputs the code for you. A successful check-in will earn you that extra 1 minute headstart

If you are a FTL VIP Platinum customer, you get a headstart of 5 Minutes and you can earn an extra minute by checking-in. This will give you a 6 Minute headstart which is the maximum headstart anyone can get. 

Thursday is the countdown on the app right now where your headstarts and your store selection and size selection gets LOCKED IN. Meaning when the timer hits 0 today, you cannot change your preferred store pick up or your preferred size. You also cannot check in today after the timer hits 0. After this timer is up, a NEW countdown timer starts of when the shoes go live tomorrow on Friday. Usually its 5:30PM or 6PM. BUT if you have a headstart of 6 minutes, your timer will countdown to 5:24PM and you get dumped in the 6 minute pool where they select winners from a pool of ONLY 6 minute headstarters. After that, the 5 minute headstart pools get picked, and lastly the 3minute pool gets picked. Usually the higher minute headstart you have, the better chances you are of getting selected, though it is not 100% guaranteed. Based on the past few releases utilizing the reservation launch app, 3m headstart pool rarely gets selected. 

Thx - repped

Let's say you are picked..do you have to do anything within the app or just pick them up Saturday?

Thx - repped

Let's say you are picked..do you have to do anything within the app or just pick them up Saturday?
If you get picked, I think you have to Confirm you want the shoes within a 3 hour window. After, your reservation should be secured and you just have to bring your phone (with the app reservation) and id to pick them up at the designated store on your reservation.

Then theres a "Waitlist" part for if you don't get picked, Waitlist is basically saying all reservations are filled but if someone doesn't confirm they want the shoe within 3 hour period, theres a chance they'll pass the reservation to you, if that happens, you'll be notified that they found you a pair and ask if you still want the shoe or if you want to decline it. 

And then theres the final, You weren't Selected stage. Basically means you're shhh out of luck and theres nothing more you can do with that release on the app. 

I caught myself up in this thread and saw some Charlotte, NC heads in here a few pages back. Good luck to all of y'all waiting on calls today, I entered all 4 foot locker raffles + the foot action one and am praying I hit!

of course you can not check in if you don't have time to head to the FTL, but checking in gives you a 1 minute bonus which increases your odds.

Thursday is the countdown on the app right now where your headstarts and your store selection and size selection gets LOCKED IN. Meaning when the timer hits 0 today, you cannot change your preferred store pick up or your preferred size. You also cannot check in today after the timer hits 0. After this timer is up, a NEW countdown timer starts of when the shoes go live tomorrow on Friday. Usually its 5:30PM or 6PM. BUT if you have a headstart of 6 minutes, your timer will countdown to 5:24PM and you get dumped in the 6 minute pool where they select winners from a pool of ONLY 6 minute headstarters. After that, the 5 minute headstart pools get picked, then the 4 minute pool and lastly the 3 minute pool gets picked. Usually the higher minute headstart you have, the better chances you are of getting selected, though it is not 100% guaranteed. Based on the past few releases utilizing the reservation launch app, 3m headstart pool rarely gets selected. 

Your forgetting people with 6 mins waitlist ... I think it's 6 mins - 6 min waitlist - 5 min ...

6 minutes starting to mean nothing...

folks out here ordering online and returning lol

Last edited:

You're lucky. Edmonton has 1 store getting them. And not very many pairs at all.

6 minutes starting to mean nothing...

folks out here ordering online and returning lol

I don't think so for online and returns

Either my account isn't updated or they never counted my online orders because I'm barely at VIP but I've spent atleast 20x the amount my account is at

a no go on eastridge? 
Yeah, sorry for the late reply but looks like someone else already confirmed. Sheikh Eastridge is not getting them. 

Only managed to enter 2 more raffles yesterday at Eastridge Shoe Palace and Oakridge Westfield Shoe Palace. Didn't have time to make it over to Valley Fair Shoe Palace. Oh well. Hoping I hit at Shoe Palace, Sheikh or on the reservation app. 
I don't think so for online and returns

Either my account isn't updated or they never counted my online orders because I'm barely at VIP but I've spent atleast 20x the amount my account is at
I think you have to login in to your VIP account each time for online orders to count. For in-store, you have to have them apply your VIP no. to your order. Employees usually ask if you are VIP during in store orders. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom