Nike Air Jordan 1 Retro "Storm Blue" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

Why the cult following? Just because they never retroed? Technically, weren't the metallic navy's in the same position? They seemed to not have sold that well.
Yes, they're in the same realm. I believe they're trying to please the collectors by releasing old original colorways that have never been retroed. 

Yes, they're in the same realm. I believe they're trying to please the collectors by releasing old original colorways that have never been retroed. 
not buying this one...because collectors have been asking for nuetrals and other colorways for years. Nike is pairing 31s and 1s I wouldm't be surprised if an UNCish 31 also drops with these. 

not buying this one...because collectors have been asking for nuetrals and other colorways for years. Nike is pairing 31s and 1s I wouldm't be surprised if an UNCish 31 also drops with these. 
I agree with this. I read all OG 1's are coming by the end of 2018, so it doesn't matter really. Looks like we'll get neutrals at some point. 

doubt MJ wore this colorway...and I'm not sure if there was a Kentucky player might have favored them and thus the nicknaming. I know my older cousin who had a pair had this tale: Nike had cultivated UNC and was attempting to build inroads into Duke corner of the triangle ... thus the colorway - so not an homage to the Wildcats but actually for the Blue Devils. 

UNC and Duke Basketball was top 3 rivalries in sports at the time though

I might be wrong but I feel like I heard somewhere that these are actually Georgetowns

Those are going to look great right next to my Blk/Wht pair...
Not gonna keep quoting the pic....but bravo. 
smokin.gif

Your collection is goals
@AirForce1King with black metallics
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
sick.gif

Not gonna keep quoting the pic....but bravo. 
smokin.gif
Shoot, I hope I didn't mislead you fellas. That's 2 separate pics. The top pic is from my buddy and fellow collector @dylan_ratner. Last year he collected every OG Jordan 1 colorway. The bottom pic is mine. I'm duplicating his collection with all of the retros as they release.

lol **** you sneaky SOB! I see that red line now, guess all the kicks made that line fade away

In. 1s retros have had some of the better qualities in the remastered line. I hope they keep it up

UNC and Duke Basketball was top 3 rivalries in sports at the time though

They are still rivals...yes? (The two blues do not cross) ... I wouldn't be surprised that a ccompany that was experiencing a surge due to its star basketball athlete wouldn't try to cultivate other potential markets. Nike would get nothing from 'honoring' not doing business with Duke....especially when it's star endorser was willing to move pass the UNC-NC state (black/red) divide.

They are still rivals...yes? (The two blues do not cross) ... I wouldn't be surprised that a ccompany that was experiencing a surge due to its star basketball athlete wouldn't try to cultivate other potential markets. Nike would get nothing from 'honoring' not doing business with Duke....especially when it's star endorser was willing to move pass the UNC-NC state (black/red) divide.

Sucks that college basketball has been decimated by all the one and dones.

But anyway, UNC's rivalry with NC State wasn't even close to its rivalry with Duke in the 80s. For his first signature shoe in its first year he's gonna come out with a Duke themed shoe and no other college team? Isn't State more red and white anyway?

Sucks that college basketball has been decimated by all the one and dones.

But anyway, UNC's rivalry with NC State wasn't even close to its rivalry with Duke in the 80s. For his first signature shoe in its first year he's gonna come out with a Duke themed shoe and no other college team? Isn't State more red and white anyway?

Correct state does have a white base ...which makes sense that MJ didn't like the 1 (Chicago) when he first saw it cause it reminded him of his college rivals.

Correct state does have a white base ...which makes sense that MJ didn't like the 1 (Chicago) when he first saw it cause it reminded him of his college rivals.

He didn't like the bred AKA "Devil" 1s either.

Good thing they showed him the kicks AFTER they were finished. MJ has some of the worst style of any celebrity ever.

Back
Top Bottom