Nike Air Jordan 4 Retro "White/Cement" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

2012 Bred 4s were .5 too small. I'm getting 10.5 for these since it doesn't look like the shape is any different from 2012

Last edited:
We're not. You can compare the business aspect. When meat goes up the patty shrinks, cheaper outlet. When labor goes up you move factories, cheaper outlet.
Yeah end discussion here.

With your logic on the price of meat going up. Burgers at McDonalds would still cost 50 cents but be the size of a penny. You're applying a partial truth in an effort to be correct.

We can end the discussion, no matter what information is shared from someone with knowledge and experience of the industry and connections into the specific company we're discussing you can believe what you'd like.

So Nike is selling this shoe for 220 plus tax and it isn't even made of real leather?

Honestly it doesnt have to be real leather to be comfortable

The old synthetic leather was cool. Reebok used it on their retro kamikaze 1 and reebok blast

If nike used that kind of synthetic leather i dont think people would complain

JB only uses better quality on products they aren't sure will sell well. But some of the most coveted shoes, they will cut corners. Simple as that.

2012 Bred 4s were .5 too small. I'm getting 10.5 for these since it doesn't look like the shape is any different from 2012

The 2012 black cement iv is one of the most uncomfortable shoe i own. Definately were half size too small and the toe box was small

The other iv's were tts but still felt like bricks

The 2012 black cement iv is one of the most uncomfortable shoe i own. Definately were half size too small and the toe box was small

The other iv's were tts but still felt like bricks
LETTUCE PRAY THAT THE NEW WHITE CEMENTS FIT TTS

LETTUCE PRAY THAT THE NEW WHITE CEMENTS FIT TTS
Judging from the Alt 89's, probably not. My friend (normally 8.5) had to size up to 9.5 because his true size destroyed his toes (like the 2K12 Military and Cements), but that does let you get away with wearing the inserts lol (not that I care about creasing). Could just be his weird feet, or it's basically confirmed to be the same mess. 

Last edited:
We're not. You can compare the business aspect. When meat goes up the patty shrinks, cheaper outlet. When labor goes up you move factories, cheaper outlet.
Yeah end discussion here.

With your logic on the price of meat going up. Burgers at McDonalds would still cost 50 cents but be the size of a penny. You're applying a partial truth in an effort to be correct.

We can end the discussion, no matter what information is shared from someone with knowledge and experience of the industry and connections into the specific company we're discussing you can believe what you'd like.

My logic is business is business and when a business cuts back the customer suffers. It happens in every industry fam.

You don't have knowledge of what Nikes intentions are. Just theory. And you already stated they moved factory for cheaper cost of labor so you proved my point.

But if you wanna be in la la land be my guest. I said all I had to say. Enjoy your 4s at the end of the day.

I just wished the shape and netting would look OG. If not the shape, then definitely the netting when it was thicker and was seperate from the mesh. Maybe in 2019

Valentines present to myself. [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128526[/emoji]

JB only uses better quality on products they aren't sure will sell well. But some of the most coveted shoes, they will cut corners. Simple as that.

As much as I want to, I can't even argue with that statement. The shoes listed below have some of the best leather that JB has releases in a while. It's not SBB quality, but it is pretty close and quite nice.
View media item 1892059

My logic is business is business and when a business cuts back the customer suffers. It happens in every industry fam.

You don't have knowledge of what Nikes intentions are. Just theory. And you already stated they moved factory for cheaper cost of labor so you proved my point.

But if you wanna be in la la land be my guest. I said all I had to say. Enjoy your 4s at the end of the day.

I do have an issue with you trying to discredit information with your opinion and marginal insults. My comments are not theory, they're based on actual industry knowledge of how these types of products are constructed and where they're constructed. You speak as f you do know their intentions, which is highly unlikely. Maybe most board members are younger consumers without specific industry information, I don't fall into that category. I do know and work with several current and former Nike and Adidas employees. I've made this offer before to others on these boards, If you're ever in Oregon PM me, and I'd gladly show you first hand a local US factory and how these types of products are manufactured.

Last edited:
By the way, I think the alternate 89 pair is dope and would be more accepted if it was a OG colorway. Just like the cool grey 4s

This is exactly my point. Your expectations aren't what the shoe is. People the shoes are 'remastered' they're 'more like' the originals but not the originals. Those originals will never be made again.....

I understand your point, I simply don't agree. Nike shouldn't proactively declare a remastering program stating that they'll be a close to the originals as possible, and not make simple changes like the mesh angle (not changed until the recent Alternates), and not attempt to move the wings up, etc. It's a classic failed campaign.

Personally, I wore the OGs and I'm happy enough with these as I haven't had WC4s for 27 yrs. I'd even be happy with the jumpman. The toe shape doesn't bother me (unlike the AM1s which look ugly). It's about them setting customer expectations only to utterly fail. They made the effort to bring back the OG shape of the Bordeaux 7s, but fail to with these. It's not for a lack of ability to do so. That's the point.

My pair of the month February :pimp:

May actually get for both Feb and March as long as I can cop below retail :nerd:

Griz :nerd:

Judging from the Alt 89's, probably not. My friend (normally 8.5) had to size up to 9.5 because his true size destroyed his toes (like the 2K12 Military and Cements), but that does let you get away with wearing the inserts lol (not that I care about creasing). Could just be his weird feet, or it's basically confirmed to be the same mess. 
So here it is I'm thinking that my feet just got wider or something was wrong with them but no.. Jordan brands toe boxes are wrong and hurting others ppls feet too.. All I wear is Jay's but my 2013 bugs bunny 8s are almost unbearable in the toe box area.. 11a are always like that for me too

By the way, I think the alternate 89 pair is dope and would be more accepted if it was a OG colorway. Just like the cool grey 4s

If they had nike air on the back and the midsole was like the pippen flight 89 them thangs would have sold out

Well not really. Jordan retros dont sell out no more unless they extremely limited or were made with toucan sams body

If they had nike air on the back.
This. A lot of Retro+ colorways would look better with the Nike Air on the back, just blends a lot better with the back panel of the shoe. Right now, it's just the exclusive club of remastered OG colorways. Cool Greys, Red Lasers, Cats, Cavs, Columbias, and even the Thunders would look fresh with the Nike Air on the back.

Last edited:
Two would be nice, but one is cool too 
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
 at the sport blue comment 

@locobans  
smokin.gif

Last edited:
I can't wait until I get these. Then I'm taking a break from NT until may for the flu games. Y'all cool and all, but I'm in my last semester of undergrad and my professors are trying to kill me[emoji]128552[/emoji][emoji]128552[/emoji][emoji]128552[/emoji]

Back
Top Bottom