Nike Air Jordan 4 Retro "White/Cement" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

The Don C's are definitely real leather.
I think I'm in the minority here but I really like the quality of the leather on these WC 4's. It's hilarious everyone (not saying you, but a lot of people) think "tumbled" leather = great quality leather. The OG's didn't have tumbled leather and these shouldn't either. These are MILES ahead of the 2012 pair and I think JB did a great job.

Yes. I am the opposite the 2012 seems like it would have less wrinkles since it came out smooth out the box as the 2016 came pre wrinkled. Tumbled leather is just a different texture for leather. It's weird how jb uses their best leather on non mj game worn j's...

Bruh.... Most people are happy with the leather and nobody is saying tumbled leather is better than the smoothed leather. We have said the execution and feel of the tumbled leather has been better for JB vs smoothed leather (white)
Oh I've seen so many people all over YouTube and sneaker blogs saying "Oh I wish it was like the Oreo 4's" I even said (not you.) In my opinion I think the leather is awesome (it's probably because the 2012 pair was so bad in comparison)

Bruh.... Most people are happy with the leather and nobody is saying tumbled leather is better than the smoothed leather. We have said the execution and feel of the tumbled leather has been better for JB vs smoothed leather (white)

Agree. Maybe some day jb will use the same quality leather that they use on their exclusive shoes and use it on mj worn color way j's......will wait for the next reto wc4.....not holding breathe......

Thats what I don't get about people bringing up the leather on the Oreos and Columbias and the Alternate's. 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
 Just there like "Can you really compare tumbled leather to this soft smooth leather?" 

A new low? Naw.
The best? Naw.
Somewhere in the middle as far as what Nike would make? Probably.

Honestly, if y'all don't know what high quality leather is, just check out some expensive dress shoes. That stuff is waaaaaay better than what we get but cost waaaaay more also.

I'm not bashing the leather, I never have high standards for Nike's materials. Also, real leather shoes aren't waaaay more than these. I wear Allen Edmonds dress shoes for work and their shoes are priced about the same as these newer remastered J's for factory 2nds with very minor flaws. Factory 1st (retail pairs) will be about 50% more, about $300.

There's also different types of leather/treated leather. Some are made to be stiff (typically dress shoes), and others to be soft and supple. Horween and Wolverine leather are usually extremely soft right off the shelves. These companies also manufacture shoes and/or leather in the USA, which is a plus for craftsmanship.

Anyways, my point is that we can get quality material and craftsmanship for a similar price point. With Nike outsourcing to China and Vietnam, we should expect to see this shoddy quality in the finished product. Just expect the high price tag because they can.

I still buy Nike products with low expectations, I just pick out the best set I can find and return the rest. I do it because of the style and memories they bring back, even if quality has gone out the window ages ago.

The Don C's are definitely real leather.
I think I'm in the minority here but I really like the quality of the leather on these WC 4's. It's hilarious everyone (not saying you, but a lot of people) think "tumbled" leather = great quality leather. The OG's didn't have tumbled leather and these shouldn't either. These are MILES ahead of the 2012 pair and I think JB did a great job.

Couldn't agree more.
Don C is wearing me out

I'll reserve judgement on don c's for an asia release pair with the material sticker.

I also don't get the thing about tumbled being better than full grain. They're both leather that is just made differently. Neither is better than the other in terms of quality, only personal preference of texture.

Still trying to recover from FL cancelling my order, its so hard though! #ThatsWhatSheSaid

Last edited:
Just got my pair in and they are pretty much flawless :smokin

Like someone said, these feel identical to the military iv. Its just the texture of the leather is different. Not sure how i feel about that

A new low? Naw.
The best? Naw.
Somewhere in the middle as far as what Nike would make? Probably.

Honestly, if y'all don't know what high quality leather is, just check out some expensive dress shoes. That stuff is waaaaaay better than what we get but cost waaaaay more also.

I'm not bashing the leather, I never have high standards for Nike's materials. Also, real leather shoes aren't waaaay more than these. I wear Allen Edmonds dress shoes for work and their shoes are priced about the same as these newer remastered J's for factory 2nds with very minor flaws. Factory 1st (retail pairs) will be about 50% more, about $300.

There's also different types of leather/treated leather. Some are made to be stiff (typically dress shoes), and others to be soft and supple. Horween and Wolverine leather are usually extremely soft right off the shelves. These companies also manufacture shoes and/or leather in the USA, which is a plus for craftsmanship.

Anyways, my point is that we can get quality material and craftsmanship for a similar price point. With Nike outsourcing to China and Vietnam, we should expect to see this shoddy quality in the finished product. Just expect the high price tag because they can.

I still buy Nike products with low expectations, I just pick out the best set I can find and return the rest. I do it because of the style and memories they bring back, even if quality has gone out the window ages ago.

All of that and you missed what I said. I said high quality leather.

I just now went back to take a second look at my pairs.

In a fluorescent light, yes the liner is blue. They are probably all like that, no problem. I did the bug eye nit pick and yeah there are little flaws in stitching and glue. Super minor. SUPER minor.

I ended up with one super smooth pair from FTL and a slightly puckery pair from FNL. Little creases and wrinkles. Nothing bad at all.

My plan is to ice them both till like Sept (not hurting for shoes) then probably wear the slightly wrinkled pair and keep the smooth.

One pair did have blue ink that wiped right off. Pretty sure it was the FTL pair.

Overall, I am HAPPY, let's call it an A-, not an A+

Last edited:
really happy with my pair, glad i was able to cop, and quality is very nice. no complaints here . hope those still looking can cop soon.

Not sure how to double quote here, but you said "That stuff is waaaaaay better than what we get but cost waaaaay more also".

I just wanted to say yes they are way better, but doesn't necessarily mean they cost way more. There are ways to get nice things for less than retail.

Last edited:

Not sure how to double quote here, but you said "That stuff is waaaaaay better than what we get but cost waaaaay more also".

I just wanted to say yes they are way better, but doesn't necessarily mean they cost way more. There are ways to get nice things for less than retail.

That's a different discussion. I'm just speaking of retail as the starting point. Only a fool would think you can't get nice things for a good price.

I just now went back to take a second look at my pairs.

In a fluorescent light, yes the liner is blue. They are probably all like that, no problem. I did the bug eye nit pick and yeah there are little flaws in stitching and glue. Super minor. SUPER minor.

I ended up with one super smooth pair from FTL and a slightly puckery pair from FNL. Little creases and wrinkles. Nothing bad at all.

My plan is to ice them both till like Sept (not hurting for shoes) then probably wear the slightly wrinkled pair and keep the smooth.

One pair did have blue ink that wiped right off. Pretty sure it was the FTL pair.

Overall, I am HAPPY, let's call it an A-, not an A+
A flourescent light tho?! :x

Best place to buy Black/White Crew/V-Neck Tee's for these? H&M? Old Navy? 

American Apparel. Best quality & fit for the price. Made in America. $18-21. In store you get 3 for $50 or something like that. They last much longer than cheaper Ts made in the third world. I haven't bought another pack of CK after walking into AA over a decade ago.

Back
Top Bottom