Nike Air Jordan 4 Retro "White/Cement" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

Painted my netting on these and they came out well

PhotoGrid_1534202492783.jpg

I still have a DS pair in the dark in my closet, which looks perfect. But the pair I've worn maybe 30 times, the netting has yellowed similar to that. I know it's a known issue with these, but it really is pathetic that they can't make a white plastic mesh that doesn't turn yellow, at least not that quickly. It's not like I leave them sitting in a window all day long, soaking in sun rays, either. I don't have the patience or motivation to paint them, though; I'd probably mess it up, anyway. The OGs never yellowed like this, I am genuinely curious about what they use nowadays that changes color so easily.

Anyway, somehow there's actually a part of me that--I won't say "likes" it--but isn't really bothered by it. It almost gives the shoe even more of a vintage aura. But if there was a simple solution to turn the mesh back to real white, I'd do it today LOL

I still have a DS pair in the dark in my closet, which looks perfect. But the pair I've worn maybe 30 times, the netting has yellowed similar to that. I know it's a known issue with these, but it really is pathetic that they can't make a white plastic mesh that doesn't turn yellow, at least not that quickly. It's not like I leave them sitting in a window all day long, soaking in sun rays, either. I don't have the patience or motivation to paint them, though; I'd probably mess it up, anyway. The OGs never yellowed like this, I am genuinely curious about what they use nowadays that changes color so easily.

Anyway, somehow there's actually a part of me that--I won't say "likes" it--but isn't really bothered by it. It almost gives the shoe even more of a vintage aura. But if there was a simple solution to turn the mesh back to real white, I'd do it today LOL

So what your saying is I shouldn't pay resell for these?

It's super simple to paint bro and takes less than 10min per coat. Just need a small bottle of leather acrylic paint and a small flat brush

I don't want to turn this into a restoration discussion, but real quick, how do you keep from getting paint on the white cloth mesh behind the netting? Just be careful, I guess? What size brush do you use?

I actually painted that too since it was yellowed as well. Just left my shoe tree in while doing it.

Ah I see. Thanks man. For now I'm just going to leave them. It's weird ... like I said, I don't like it, but I do. Maybe the reality is I just don't care that much anymore. I really don't know right now :lol:

22CF0CE5-1672-4A5F-9100-FD552988FD42.jpeg
I may have to try the paint method out, I’ve had these “professionally cleaned” but the yellow is still coming back...

I used angelus flat white paint on mine a few months back
Mesh was fine so I just painted the netting
On my next coat in the future I’m gonna paint both the netting and mesh
Angelus has flat white and white paint
On their site it says flat white is matte finish and dull
While white is more glossy and shiny

I can’t find a definitive answer: how does the 2016 pair fit? I recall reading that it was really snug and one could go up a full size. I’m usually a US11, is it overkill to go US12?

I usually go up half a size on Jordan 4's. I went with a 10 instead of 9.5 and they fit good for me...

I can’t find a definitive answer: how does the 2016 pair fit? I recall reading that it was really snug and one could go up a full size. I’m usually a US11, is it overkill to go US12?

You'll never find a definite answer, feet vary. That said, I don't see how any but the most abnormal of foot shapes need to go a full size up on these unless they didn't know their size in the first place.

I went TTS, have wider feet (I say wider instead of straight up wide because I've gone TTS on a few popular wide-feet-.5-size-up without my feet being suffocated or bulging out) and they're comfortably snug for me. If you prefer having a bit of space then going up to an 11.5 wouldn't hurt. I don't recommend the 12.

That’s ridiculous. I’m a true 11 and my 11s in these are perfect. If I went up half a size it would be silly, a full size would fall off my feet.

Hoping resell doesn't skyrocket on these. Rather purchase a pair on the resale market compared to a potential re-retro.

Hoping resell doesn't skyrocket on these. Rather purchase a pair on the resale market compared to a potential re-retro.

Re-retro? You’re gonna be waiting a long time for that I’m afraid. At least five years I would guess. So either buy them now or dig for the long haul.

I'll rather there be a extended drought(it was a 17 year gap as far as NA retros) before it happens. Wouldn't be entirely shocked if JB/Humphrey releases a improved iteration of the Tech Greys just to satisfy the core consumer.

Never know I guess, just miss having a pair in my wardrobe.

Are those the OGs from 1989?

Is the material leather on those? Somebody on here I think said that the OG's wasn't white leather but a duraback or something.

Back
Top Bottom