Nike Air Jordan 4 Retro "White/Cement" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

Apparently durabuck used back then. Was used as leather and nubuck substitutes on the white Cement 4s and th grape 5s. Just like the Infrared 6 from 91 is all durabuck, but the heel feels like and looks like leather. Many OG Grapes now are yellow in the ankle portion or cracked; that has been said by many who owned the OG to be the same leather textured durabuck on a the black metallic 5.

Last edited:
Durabuck was a synthetic material used as a lighter and cheaper alternative. It was used as a leather and nubuck substitute. Apparently the White Cement 4, Grape 5, Fire Red 5, and a few other non black OGs had it. Go to @OgSupportGroup’s IG Page to see the description and evidence.
The material was not made past 1998, which I think is for the best. It doesn’t age well, despite being a better material when new.

I might be the only one that actually likes the 2016 retro better than the 99 version. I know the shape is better on the 99 but the nike air and splatter print look way better on the 2016. Imo, shrink wrapping your shoes are a kiss of death to them. You seal them up, and when you release them, they fall apart. I would never shrink wrap a pair of shoes. It drys them out in the process and ruins the midsole.

Apparently the White Cement 4, Grape 5, Fire Red 5, and a few other non black OGs had it.

Military IVs are one more I remember learning was durabuck.

I might be the only one that actually likes the 2016 retro better than the 99 version. I know the shape is better on the 99 but the nike air and splatter print look way better on the 2016. Imo, shrink wrapping your shoes are a kiss of death to them. You seal them up, and when you release them, they fall apart. I would never shrink wrap a pair of shoes. It drys them out in the process and ruins the midsole.

If you're talking about the pics on this page, those are the 1989s. If they weren't wrapped up they'd probably be dust.

Agreed. The shape and probably upper materials are definitely better. The NA and speckle density is great on the ‘16

Military IVs are one more I remember learning was durabuck.

If you're talking about the pics on this page, those are the 1989s. If they weren't wrapped up they'd probably be dust.
If they were just wrapped, then no, they were fine. Honestly didnt know they were 89 or 99. But regardless, when you shrink wrap a shoe, you prematurely dry out the midsole and cause it to break down when you DO decide to let them free. You are very upset. Trust me. I would never buy from some one that has shrink wrapped a pair of shoes. Never. They were not wearable anyway.

Last edited:
Got an impulse sealer with some shrink wrap and did a thing!

C20F2846-5202-468E-B157-F6BE32FF10FE.jpeg
C50FA1CC-9328-436F-BA68-7B125F8F7522.jpeg
B88EF7E3-14D7-4E9F-9F9E-B8131FCAA2A7.jpeg
DF596BE8-0BC9-4ADA-8B76-CE0F574DA526.jpeg

Now it’s time to Sous Vide your 4s.

While it was low in 2004-2012, at least leather cuts and angles were parallel and consistent. 3 years, the shape has gotten lower to the point where the slope like cuts toward the mid and forefoot are touching the midsole.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Can anyone confirm if these are legit. Got them at stockx. Resold a few items to finally get them. What should I look for? I feel like the heel tab, as well as the wings (?) (sorry, I ain’t a shoe expert) is a bit flimsy compared to my Bred 4’s. Are they supposed to be like that? Thanks

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Can anyone confirm if these are legit. Got them at stockx. Resold a few items to finally get them. What should I look for? I feel like the heel tab, as well as the wings (?) (sorry, I ain’t a shoe expert) is a bit flimsy compared to my Bred 4’s. Are they supposed to be like that? Thanks

Look legit to me. Yes, the wings and back tab in particular are more rubbery than plastic compared to other 4s.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Those look real

Apparently durabuck used back then. Was used as leather and nubuck substitutes on the white Cement 4s and th grape 5s. Just like the Infrared 6 from 91 is all durabuck, but the heel feels like and looks like leather. Many OG Grapes now are yellow in the ankle portion or cracked; that has been said by many who owned the OG to be the same leather textured durabuck on a the black metallic 5.

Not trying to go back on forth, because I don’t own any og 3,4 or 5 but I don’t know I doubt that JB will use durabuck and pass it along as synthetic leather.

Leather cracks over time. Just like the OG 1, the collars crack but it definitely isn’t durabuck.

What I roll my eyes at is, I like how the netting on the OGs is still white while the 2016s turn yellow or at least yellowish with not a lot of time or use. So lame.

Not trying to go back on forth, because I don’t own any og 3,4 or 5 but I don’t know I doubt that JB will use durabuck and pass it along as synthetic leather.

Leather cracks over time. Just like the OG 1, the collars crack but it definitely isn’t durabuck.
The Durabuck is just a name for synthetic leather. The 1999 is a synthetic Durabuck leather. Unlike the 89, the 1999 lasts longer and doesn’t peel. The original Durabuck Nike sourced from another company didn’t last as long. The 1999 Durabuck material is on my 2006 Cardinal 7s, which show no sign of cracking. the way it creases is different than real leather. That Durabuck is Nike’s own produced material that they’ve used for years now, and still do. Nike does use it and pass it off as leather. On the tongue of the White Cement 4s from 2016, the material is the synthetic leather i found on my cardinal 7s, as well as one small panel on my Orange blaze 8s. Durabuck is an umbrella term for synthetic leathers and nubucks. It’s not just the black material found on the black cement 4, Metallic 5, or the Infrared 6. It’s just one of the many synthetics Nike uses. All their “leather” shoes don’t use real leather. Many of the OGs were leather and synthetic leather mix.

The original 3s were all genuine leather. The Air Jordan 4 is when Nike started using Durabuck.

From what I’ve seen on here, as well as other places. The OG 1s didn’t use leather on the collar. The swoosh also isn’t leather. Nike didn’t start using Durabuck until 1989

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom