Nike Air Jordan 4 Retro "White/Cement" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

The OG tongue really was sloppy.  If we saw that nowadays we'd think it was a fake.  I think the current ones are a little high, and even wrap around a little too much, but overall the shape has much better workmanship.  That's probably improvements in general manufacturing techniques.  These '16s are looking really good to me; hope I can get a pair.

Not to get off topic here, but do you feel that way about the original 6 tongue? A lot of people thought it was too long, but I thought it was kind of cool.

The 6 tongue is very unique, and I think the overall shape of that shoe, including the large tongue is appropriate.  Loved that shoe when I had it in '91, and loving my black infrared 6s from '14 now.  It's that on the 4 the current models seem too large for that particular shoe.  Though I've see those pics of Jordan wearing them where the tongue looks as tall as they are today, so maybe it's an illusion.  The shape of the OGs at the top (all jagged) was really not as nice as the current models in my opinion.

The 6 tongue is very unique, and I think the overall shape of that shoe, including the large tongue is appropriate.  Loved that shoe when I had it in '91, and loving my black infrared 6s from '14 now.  It's that on the 4 the current models seem too large for that particular shoe.  Though I've see those pics of Jordan wearing them where the tongue looks as tall as they are today, so maybe it's an illusion.  The shape of the OGs at the top (all jagged) was really not as nice as the current models in my opinion.
This is very true.

those are probably all fakes (that jumpman on the tongue looks like it has a beer belly). no way someone get their hands on these 4 months before release. just not gonna happen. even JB atheletes only getting shoes a month early. 

Last edited:
If you know anything about the 4's, the jumpman on the tongue patch is crazy looking just like that. They've always been like that since '89.

those are probably all fakes (that jumpman on the tongue looks like it has a beer belly). no way someone get their hands on these 4 months before release. just not gonna happen. even JB atheletes only getting shoes a month early. 
yup, people in here judging fakes left and right

im not even sure if i care about these anymore . jb and their games man .. *yawn

giphy.gif

Can't believe I am back in the Jordan thread....but these babies made me come back. I am just praying that the leather isnt that 2012 CRAP

I am loving the discussions in here on the shape. That has been my biggest issue with Nike when it comes to Jordan's and Air Max 1's. I cannot believe a billion dollar company can't make new molds or just use the old ones. The shape is what made their shoes beautiful but now they are bulky. 

As for the new cements, I pray to God the leather is $220 WORTH and it better be. I have pumas and adidas with lower price points, that have phenomenal leather. This is basically the last time I give JB a chance since these are my grails. I do like the shade on the cement color as well, the 2012s were too dark, but filters might be plaguing my eyes right now. 

Let's pray folks

Funny, I love the big tongue on Jordan 4s. It makes them so unique and one of my favorite jordans imo.

It's not like how it used to be.  People getting wild about some Aqua 8s on black friday or whatever.  The cements on the 3s, 4s beaten to death in the past 5-10 years.  It's just not the same anymore.  The new demand from the millenials and new generation has pushed a lot of buyers to the side.  Hype it all you want, the resell ain't moving like it use to.  Nike is blowing the bubble and even the resellers are feeling it.  Why?  Because it's simple math.  It goes back to supply and demand.  

These look good for those that want to get them, but in today's world, you have to pick and choose.  The retro market is obviously targeted to the selective crowd, but with Nike upping their MSRP, they are literally wiping out re-sellers.  It's a good thing for those that understand and for those that really want to buy.

I wouldn't get hell bent over them.

Ask and you shall receive. Remember when a lot of people were saying if Jordan Brand would use NA, they would pay 200-300 retail? Well, they listened.....

Ask and you shall receive. Remember when a lot of people were saying if Jordan Brand would use NA, they would pay 200-300 retail? Well, they listened.....
Yup. The WC88's were the test run, and it passed with flying colors. As long as the materials are good, I'll buy these upcoming WC 4's. If they aren't, I'll make do with my 2012 pair. Leather on em is garbage, but they are TANKS as far as durability :lol:

Last edited:
These are 1 of only 2 shoes I'm interested in so far for next year so I may grab 2. We already knew they were going to charge for NA, those 88s were $200 2 yrs ago when regular retros were $160. I'm already more selective with the ones I buy at these premium prices, especially since the quality is hit or miss. It seems others are passing more often as well, releases are too frequent and a lot of the new CWs are just blah. Not sure how much longer I'll be buying Js if they keep hiking the prices so aggressively, it really adds up over a year's time when every pair is $40+ more than it was a few years ago.

It wasn't entirely that.  In retrospect, it was because those who were into retros were into it for nostalgia and for quality.  Many and most people these days forget the simple 'tag' and 'marketing' that JB/NIKE have etched into Jordans.  These shoes is and were supposed to be for the BEST!!!!!!!!  There was no compromise.

Nike raising the MSRP was a direct move to capitalize on the resellers.  It made perfect sense to them.  It squeezed margins on individuals that made resellers back pedal.

Ask anyone now if they are willing to pay a 'premium' for the NA, and most would care less because retros are massed produced; more so they have lost their luster, and they are cheaply made.

The markets are never one dimensional, but the theories and fundamentals are always there.  It was never about the NA, but the demand and hype for retros.

Back
Top Bottom