Nike Air Jordan 4 Retro "White/Cement" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

Went to the mall today, the mall was completely DRY. Almost out of all pairs above size 10. Im a 13/12.5 in jordans and my local HOH only had an 11.5, somehow they fit perfect on my feet. The leather was nicer than most releases. This was so weird, though, my mall went dry around 3pm eastern. They sat in the morning, but gone as soon as lunch came, damn.

Where's the guy from last night who was going to sell a bunch of these at FlightClub?

They have them at $325 online so after they keep 20% of the sale and with NY taxes you're making $20 a pair :smokin

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

A lot of places in the SF Bay Area look dried up at this point. So much for these sitting.

I won a raffle at Champs Southland in Hayward, however the past 2 customer experiences I had there were horrible. Today they wouldn't even let me look at my pair before I had to pay for it. When I asked, the snotty chick at the counter said, "Either you want them or you don't." So I asked what happens if they're flawed or if I don't like them for whatever reason. She said, with an even more snotty tone, "Well then you can do a return." So if I don't like them, you're going to probably take 20 minutes to do 2 completely unnecessary credit card transactions instead of letting me inspect them for 30 seconds beforehand? The pair I got ended up OK but not exceptional.

Last week I went to the same Champs to return a pair of the Alt AJ V lows because there was about 2" of suspect stitching separating on one of the toes, despite the fact that I hadn't even tried them on (didn't inspect them either, was sick the morning I got them and most of the week after). I got into it with the apparent manager of Champs Southland, Albert. He's living proof that horrible attitudes start at the top. He accused me of wearing this pair, then told me that returns were a waste of his time, and talking to me was a waste of his time. Then, in front of a few other customers, he totally slammed Jordan Brand and its products. It's one thing if that's your opinion, but as manager of a Champs that's supremely unprofessional. He eventually relented and literally threw a replacement pair across the counter at me, then said THE EXACT SAME LINE the snotty chick said today. "Either you want them or you don't." Nice attitude, Albert.

Not meaning to be so long winded, but I'm just curious, has anyone else on NT had bad customer service experiences from the staff at Champs Southland? Or with Albert specifically? I talked to the manager at Champs Newpark, who was embarrassed that I went through this, and she profusely apologized.

Where's the guy from last night who was going to sell a bunch of these at FlightClub?

They have them at $325 online so after they keep 20% of the sale and with NY taxes you're making $20 a pair
smokin.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

he gon slang them hangtags for an extra $10 
pimp.gif

Got mine off ndc...I'm tellin yall...I got 3 malls around me all GONE by lunch...this was no joke...reminded me of hare 7 and black infra 6.....even tho a GR still hard to find....I had atleast 20 stores 2 choose from also all dry

Last edited:
A lot of places in the SF Bay Area look dried up at this point. So much for these sitting.

I won a raffle at Champs Southland in Hayward, however the past 2 customer experiences I had there were horrible. Today they wouldn't even let me look at my pair before I had to pay for it. When I asked, the snotty chick at the counter said, "Either you want them or you don't." So I asked what happens if they're flawed or if I don't like them for whatever reason. She said, with an even more snotty tone, "Well then you can do a return." So if I don't like them, you're going to probably take 20 minutes to do 2 completely unnecessary credit card transactions instead of letting me inspect them for 30 seconds beforehand? The pair I got ended up OK but not exceptional.

Last week I went to the same Champs to return a pair of the Alt AJ V lows because there was about 2" of suspect stitching separating on one of the toes, despite the fact that I hadn't even tried them on (didn't inspect them either, was sick the morning I got them and most of the week after). I got into it with the apparent manager of Champs Southland, Albert. He's living proof that horrible attitudes start at the top. He accused me of wearing this pair, then told me that returns were a waste of his time, and talking to me was a waste of his time. Then, in front of a few other customers, he totally slammed Jordan Brand and its products. It's one thing if that's your opinion, but as manager of a Champs that's supremely unprofessional. He eventually relented and literally threw a replacement pair across the counter at me, then said THE EXACT SAME LINE the snotty chick said today. "Either you want them or you don't." Nice attitude, Albert.

Not meaning to be so long winded, but I'm just curious, has anyone else on NT had bad customer service experiences from the staff at Champs Southland? Or with Albert specifically? I talked to the manager at Champs Newpark, who was embarrassed that I went through this, and she profusely apologized.

Get the area managers info and report them

OK, now that this craziness has settled, here is how my day went. Got up just before 7 AM EST to try SNS...FAIL!! That didn't work at all. Went back to bed for a bit until SNKRS woupdgo live. Tried that at 10...fat chance, lol!! App was seriously flawed (and I'm on Android).

Kept at it for over an hour. Kept "Air Balling", lol!! Got through once but the submit button was greyed out (wth). Kept at it till almost 11:30 EST (I'm in PA). No luck (I NEVER get online releases like this). So I said, " Heck with it and bought the XXX's instead. Everyone in that thread love them. I figure, good consolation prize.

View media item 1910275
Kept reading this thread and some said they added more sizes back up. I gave it one more shot, and it quickly went through! SUCCESS!!!

View media item 1910301
Even though I have the 2012 DS, these were pure nostalgics for me. My 1st pair of expensive shoes were '89 Black/Red IV's from the Philly suburb mom & pop shop Dimmers! Mom bought them ($89 back then) for me as long as I cared for them & didn't beat them up. Always cleaned them and NEVER wore in the rain! Loved walking into 7th grade the next day with them! Never had the white pair & now I can't wait to see these (and the XXX's) :smile:

OK, now that this craziness has settled, here is how my day went. Got up just before 7 AM EST to try SNS...FAIL!! That didn't work at all. Went back to bed for a bit until SNKRS woupdgo live. Tried that at 10...fat chance, lol!! App was seriously flawed (and I'm on Android).

Kept at it for over an hour. Kept "Air Balling", lol!! Got through once but the submit button was greyed out (wth). Kept at it till almost 11:30 EST (I'm in PA). No luck (I NEVER get online releases like this). So I said, " Heck with it and bought the XXX's instead. Everyone in that thread love them. I figure, good consolation prize.

View media item 1910275
Kept reading this thread and some said they added more sizes back up. I gave it one more shot, and it quickly went through! SUCCESS!!!

View media item 1910301
Even though I have the 2012 DS, these were pure nostalgics for me. My 1st pair of expensive shoes were '89 Black/Red IV's from the Philly suburb mom & pop shop Dimmers! Mom bought them ($89 back then) for me as long as I cared for them & didn't beat them up. Always cleaned them and NEVER wore in the rain! Loved walking into 7th grade the next day with them! Never had the white pair & now I can't wait to see these (and the XXX's) :smile:

Nice pick ups. If you plan on hooping in the XXX's, Mr. Foamer Simpson is hailing them as the best performance basketball shoe of all-time.

Get the area managers info and report them

Albert refused to give me his boss' information. But I did find this corporate customer relations number that I'm going to try. I just wanted to know if other Bay Area NTers experienced anything similar. Ironic that out of the few raffles I entered, I had to win THIS one. LOL.

Nice pick ups. If you plan on hooping in the XXX's, Mr. Foamer Simpson is hailing them as the best performance basketball shoe of all-time.

Thanks buddy. Not sure yet. Don't know if I want to just use them at the gym for working out and shooting baskets or playing full games. Don't know if I want to get them dirty since they will get dirty quick. May wait for a dark colored pair to play in. Thanks for the info. Repped! :smile:

A bit late but I scooped up a pair off NDC earlier. Didn't think I would be able too 4 hours after the release but they were there. Size 10. No shipping confirmation email yet. Just the receipt email with the order number telling me they'll send me another email when it does ship. Just looked again at the site. Still sizes 8, 10.5, 11, 14, 16, 17, 18 available. Loving the fact the 72-10s and these were so easy to pick up. Maybe Nike has learned its lesson after all these screw ups, resellers and bot services? Fingers crossed for the Jams this December being this easy.

Albert refused to give me his boss' information. But I did find this corporate customer relations number that I'm going to try. I just wanted to know if other Bay Area NTers experienced anything similar. Ironic that out of the few raffles I entered, I had to win THIS one. LOL.

Contact another Champs and get it, or try to call their customer service to get it.

Thanks buddy. Not sure yet. Don't know if I want to just use them at the gym for working out and shooting baskets or playing full games. Don't know if I want to get them dirty since they will get dirty quick. May wait for a dark colored pair to play in. Thanks for the info. Repped! :smile:

You're welcome, and thanks. I'm gonna try to cop a darker colorway to hoop in too. As of now I'm hooping in the UA Curry Ones, and they're damn good. My only complaint is the traction isn't ideal if the court's not well-kept.

Back
Top Bottom