Nike Air Jordan 4 Retro "White/Cement" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

Not one person I know, read about, or seen has stashed these things; they're all putting them on their feet immediately after receiving them—it's crazy. It's funny because the XI is such a hyped shoe but no one really wears them after purchasing, or if they do it's rarely. 

Is it plastic or rubber?

They switched to rubber in 06 with the Mars and Military IV's due to claims that the harder plastic heeltabs on the 89s/99s were hurting people achilles.
That's exactly what I thought when I realized that it was actually a very soft material; due to complaints about hurting people's achilles. I'm not sure whether it's plastic or rubber, but you're probably right and it's actually soft rubber. Anyway it feels very cheap. I have one of my 99 IVs side to side with them right now and the difference is astonishing...

Not one person I know, read about, or seen has stashed these things; they're all putting them on their feet immediately after receiving them—it's crazy. It's funny because the XI is such a hyped shoe but no one really wears them after purchasing, or if they do it's rarely. 

I plan to rock mine regularly. Shoes are made to wear.

Im not a Nike stan at all but some of you live in a dream world... Love my UAs and Adidas but you have to realize that Nike passes up on TONS of athletes. Athletes for the most part will wear their gear regardless, all their lives basically. The foundation had been laid down and set in stone... They passed up on NBA jersey making multiple times, passed up on re-upping Curry, who started on Nike, bc UA came with a crazy offer. Nearly passed up KD but he went back to Nike anyway, as did LeBron for his second sneaker contact that led to his recent lifetime joint much further down the road... The runners up in those major sports MVP races most likely are mostly Nike athletes.

Mvp means little too Nike bigger picture bottom line. Kids aren't in highschool/college hoping for UA contracts.

I'm loving the new diversity out here and competition but real is real folks.
yes.  nike is the super giant of the sportswear industry that now relies on their market status and company size to exist in the market when before they were the ones pushing the envelope in technology and style.  now they are just a money making industry which is good except they didnt get where they are today by using the practices the use now.  all the styles and hype that exist today were created long time ago with no idea of the popularity potential it would have in the future. back then nike did what they thought was cool and didnt follow what the market industry thought was cool.  thats how nike established its identity today except has now taken a back seat to their profit potential which kills the growth of the company.  they follow the money now and the players that will make them money on pure hype. back then no one knew MJs potential and yet nike signed him anyway which they should have done the same with curry.  maybe nike is content with lebron james which will end up being the second goat to mj by the time he retires.

jb just seems stale now when before they were original and now they are treating their creative discovery like a two dollar *****.  what would make things up and a cool idea would be to remaster the original shoes even with better quality material now and having the handcrafted by the best shoe makers around. the same way they make ferarris and lamborghinis and bughattis. also having a box and shoe that is numbered and signed by mj himself.  now if they came out with that they could have as much money as they wanted from me......

kids these days getting real excited over some white cement 4's.......brings back memories when i got my cherry popped....lol

What do I wrap it with, plastic wrap?
anything that wont move around.  string, rope, rubber bands or maybe all of them.  maybe shoe laces.   you have to tie it really tight so it wont move.  this will get the shape of the glove better for playing with it.  the more it is use the more the glove will keep a natural playing shape...

That raise at the tip of the toe really bother me so I bit the bullet and did a soft reshape

View media item 1914257

crazy-kid-birthday-gif.gif

Might just start ordering all mine online I swear when I go to stores all the workers be lookin like wtf is this CAC doin here wantin them jawdinz...always getting them dirty looks and never get greeted but people walk in behind me of the opposite color get friendly smiles hellos etc...it's tripped out in sc you think it'd be other way around..been goin on for years now even my girl notices it

Last edited:
anything that wont move around.  string, rope, rubber bands or maybe all of them.  maybe shoe laces.   you have to tie it really tight so it wont move.  this will get the shape of the glove better for playing with it.  the more it is use the more the glove will keep a natural playing shape...
Will do. Appreciate the info

Might just start ordering all mine online I swear when I go to stores all the workers be lookin like wtf is this CAC doin here wantin them jawdinz...always getting them dirty looks and never get greeted but people walk in behind me of the opposite color get friendly smiles hellos etc...it's tripped out in sc you think it'd be other way around..been goin on for years now even my girl notices it

Man I'm in NC and I tried returning a pair of extra UNC 1s. They asked 20 questions about it "ah so you couldn't resell them"

Man ****. Process my return and keep it moving. I don't want to be harassed when trying to do a simple transaction

Just got shipping confirmation prior 9p est from eastbay, fairly quick considering I placed the order yesterday at around 430-5p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom