NIKE Air Jordan IV OG White Fire Red: Black Friday 2020: Nov. 28th

Some of you guys have real strong opinions of resellers 😂. I use to feel like back in the day but I could give 2 poos now.

Idk if you have been on a line full of cats who are on stockx checking prices and calling around trying to pick up 10 more pairs and up selling idiots. Dude has his girl with him and they both want your size because it sells highest. Don’t mind that he wears a sz 10.5 11 and his pair is going to sit and his girl wears a 6 and they both gunning for your pair and their is a possibility the store only have 2 FSRs. I know that feeling as an 8.5. The game is ****ed up not because of the purchasing of the fsr, but the snatching up 1 sz to drive up a price. I rather go back to dealing with 20-40 over box price at the mom and pops spots on Jamaica ave. Dudes need to just man up and sell drugs like back in the day lol.

Last edited:
IMO resellers are generally broke clowns that are hoping to make mere peanuts per pair. The IV’s are selling for $250 in my size on SX now. Subtract the 12% SX commission and you’re left with $220 which is a $4 profit for the seller

resellers are losers whether you’re reselling one pair or fifty.

on the flip side for me it’s totally worth it to pay. $30-50 over retail to secure the pair I want if I can’t cop on release day.

and I actually wear my shoes.

LOL

Seriously, at $250 the economics work great for GOAT and Stockx, they're out here getting $30 (minus paypal) while you get $3-4 if you're a CA resident paying $217+ after tax. Not to mention, if you didnt buy it online but in-store and have to spend another buck on a box to ship them!

Found a pretty good pair...
20201129_172332.jpg

Haa best believe i looked at em from every angle and then some before I laced em up, best out of the 4 pairs I got

I'm not sure what SX's true costs are but from the outside looking in, they're making a killing off of resellers with releases like these.. The mark up buyers are having to pay GOAT and SX for the guarantee of authenticity is _______________. I'm still not sure how I feel about it.

I see these skyrocketing in price sometime next year though. Look at what happened to the breds. They're selling for like $450 now. That Nike Air is a big deal. The resellers who are willing to sit on these for that long will definitely reap the rewards IMO

Idk if you have been on a line full of cats who are on stockx checking prices and calling around trying to pick up 10 more pairs and up selling idiots. Dude has his girl with him and they both want your size because it sells highest. Don’t mind that he wears a sz 10.5 11 and his pair is going to sit and his girl wears a 6 and they both gunning for your pair and their is a possibility the store only have 2 Far’s. I know that feeling as an 8.5. The game is ****ed up not because of the purchasing of the fsr, but the snatching up 1 sz to drive up a price. I rather go back to dealing with 20-40 over box price at the mom and pops spots on Jamaica ave. Dudes need to just man up and sell drugs like back in the day lol.

I wear a size 9 I know how you feel for sure. I guess through the years my collection got bigger and it really became retail or bust for me. If it is a bust then I just keep it moving.

I thought you were going to say, don't pay resale for these because frankly they just aren't worth it LOL. Like you say, the quality just seems trash on so many pairs. I got shut out on SNKRS but already had a FTL pair to pick up ... if I hadn't won on FTL, which would have been the norm, I just would've walked away from these entirely and moved on. Thankfully my FTL pair is pretty good for what we've seen on these, but even a perfect pair of this version would be nothing special. Nostalgia is the only special feeling I get from these whatsoever and the only reason I elected to keep them.

For anyone who IS going to go resale, if it were me, I'd go the eBay or similar route so you at least have a chance to see pics of the pair you're trying to buy. I wouldn't even dream of buying a pair from SX or GOAT. Chances are you're going to drop more than $300 after tax and shipping (and fees on SX, for example), and wind up with a janky pair of shoes. It's bad enough at $200 plus tax MSRP, let alone the resale markup.

The Fire Red V retro from back in the spring looks and feels amazing compared to this IV retro, like it's from a different planet.
Also gotta watch for the 100% authentic ones vs fakes on Ebay. In the 2019 black red IV thread, I have to upload some pics that show the difference between unauthorized and 100% authentic IVs. UA was bought from Ebay for a high resale price and seller claimed it was 100% authentic. The other pair I bought was from instyleshoes.

Once online pairs get in hand resell will drop even more. Which is why I’m not sweating not getting a pair yet. I’m positive there will be restocks.

I'm not sure what SX's true costs are but from the outside looking in, they're making a killing off of resellers with releases like these.. The mark up buyers are having to pay GOAT and SX for the guarantee of authenticity is _______________. I'm still not sure how I feel about it.

I see these skyrocketing in price sometime next year though. Look at what happened to the breds. They're selling for like $450 now. That Nike Air is a big deal. The resellers who are willing to sit on these for that long will definitely reap the rewards IMO
They'll for sure go up some but the Black/Reds are a different animal to me. I'd be surprised if they got that high.

I can't stand Stock X at this point. I doubt I'll use them again unless I just simply can't find something I'm looking for anywhere else. Don't mind GOAT nearly as much.

They'll for sure go up some but the Black/Reds are a different animal to me. I'd be surprised if they got that high.

I can't stand Stock X at this point. I doubt I'll use them again unless I just simply can't find something I'm looking for anywhere else. Don't mind GOAT nearly as much.

I don't like the recent moves by StockX after the founders sold off control (eliminating the punchcard for free shipping, adding buyers fees, etc.), but I respect them for changing the industry and adding a layer of third-party authentication. I've had my own issues with their authentication process, but understand why they made the decisions they did in each case. I had many more serious problems with ebay before they came onto the scene, so I have to tip my cap to them for making legit checks a built-in process to the online trade.

With talk of bad quality and bad materials, I think this pair I got is one of the worst I’ve ever seen. It’s a bump and is underneath the leather. You can feel it on the toe box and inside the shoe. Although it was final sale I went right back and exchanged them. Smh terrible and I have no idea how this pair got past “quality control”. All was resolved and the pie I exchanged for was great with no issues.

Attachments

• D6ED5FFB-0847-4700-9AD9-574EF1D39FAD.jpeg
    D6ED5FFB-0847-4700-9AD9-574EF1D39FAD.jpeg
    210 KB · Views: 214
  • FCD33659-A64B-4EAA-AF89-29577ADE4C67.jpeg
    FCD33659-A64B-4EAA-AF89-29577ADE4C67.jpeg
    225.7 KB · Views: 621
Just another perspective but as buyers, we are also part of the problem. We miss out on a release and are dead set on acquiring a pair on release so we are willing to "pay above retail" to get the shoes because it's worth it. $20-$30 profit may not seem like a lot for a single pair of shoes, but that's why the bots take over and want the FSRs.

Your local sneaker boutique and consignment shops are essentially resellers too. Also what's the difference if I purchase a pair to resell this weekend compared to me holding onto the pair for several years to sell down the road?

Anyways, to bring it back on topic...I got my shipping info from SNKRS last night. Can't wait to get my pair on Wednesday!

Back
Top Bottom