Nike Air Jordan Retro 3 OG “Fire Red” 2022

Willing pay $300?

1663024951415.gif

You're definitely being "That guy" but Nike thanks you! :rofl:
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🥷🤣🤣

Hey. At $300 a pair maybe it’ll slow down you folks buying seven pairs…

But if comfort takes a hit, then how is that better. Your right, they are just shoes. But to the normal person, they want it to be comfortable.
It really depends on the consumer. Most consumers can’t afford to buy $200 shoes over and over again for comfort if they don’t last. Based on our interest it may seem like buying these shoes over and over again is normal but it’s really not. There’s some people still wearing their one or two pair of J’s year round because that’s all they can afford. That didn’t stop just because we got older and increased our finances. I rarely wear a shoe twice so neither comfort or durability really matters to me. I also would honestly never notice a defect on a shoe because I don’t pay that close attention. But I know I’m not everybody. And I know a majority of the world wants something that will last when spending their money. Not just when it comes to shoes. And not saying comfort doesn’t matter. There’s just a lot of people that don’t have that luxury.

I mean, anything is possible with me :rofl:
But I *probably* won't. Usually if I can make it past the initial wave of personal excitement without loading up right at launch, I return to my senses and realize I don't really need more. This isn't a shoe I'll treat/wear like I do with, say, Air Trainer 1s. I loaded up on those because I always beat them up. The only Jordans I truly wear like that are the playoff XI IEs, which is why I loaded up on those, too. Hell, I've been considering selling my DS pair of black-toe 13s just because it's been four years since the release and my worn pair still isn't anywhere near needing replacing.
Well, when you see the reimagined White Cement’s, I’m sure you’ll be wishing you got a second pair of these. 😂

I will admit if I’m wrong, but I think they will do something to them that I won’t like. Jordan Brand doesn’t have a great track record. We will see.

It really depends on the consumer. Most consumers can’t afford to buy $200 shoes over and over again for comfort if they don’t last. Based on our interest it may seem like buying these shoes over and over again is normal but it’s really not. There’s some people still wearing their one or two pair of J’s year round because that’s all they can afford. That didn’t stop just because we got older and increased our finances. I rarely wear a shoe twice so neither comfort or durability really matters to me. I also would honestly never notice a defect on a shoe because I don’t pay that close attention. But I know I’m not everybody. And I know a majority of the world wants something that will last when spending their money. Not just when it comes to shoes. And not saying comfort doesn’t matter. There’s just a lot of people that don’t have that luxury.
What we do in here is not normal at all. I think we all can agree to that. So OUR standards are going to differ from the average person. My son is 24. He has worn the same shoes for nearly 3 years. He cares nothing about what his shoes look like. Just as long as they feel good.

I love that a dude named konkrete kicks liked your post about getting nice kicks from nice kicks. I hope to get concrete information about my nice kicks order of nice kicks as well
What’s more ironic, I got my shipping info from Nice kicks, around the same time he made his post

So this happened yesterday. I went to a Foot Locker at a mall to check out the shoes and they looked and felt fantastic on hand. I asked for my size, and the worker only put it at the register. Then asked if I could try it on, I was told that I could not try it on.

I understand it's a collector's item and stuff or they're trying to push these all out, but I am not in agreement of this. Anyone had this happen to them before? I should also mention that they didn't have any other colorways and I've never had nor tried on a pair of AJ3s before.

For those wondering, I did eventually find a store in the same mall that did let me try a pair on there.

The remaster label was really just about putting NA back on the 1st generation Air Jordans and Nike doing their best to make the shoes look like they did back when they put NA on the shoes

Basically its Nikes way of saying "even though MJ dont give a 💩 about yall we'll sell you the shoe that looks almost just like the shoes MJ wore when he was playing so you cry babies can keep wishing you can be like Mike"

So this happened yesterday. I went to a Foot Locker at a mall to check out the shoes and they looked and felt fantastic on hand. I asked for my size, and the worker only put it at the register. Then asked if I could try it on, I was told that I could not try it on.

I understand it's a collector's item and stuff or they're trying to push these all out, but I am not in agreement of this. Anyone had this happen to them before? I should also mention that they didn't have any other colorways and I've never had nor tried on a pair of AJ3s before.

For those wondering, I did eventually find a store in the same mall that did let me try a pair on there.
It if was a limited shoe I could understand. But these? Hell no, you should/should've asked for the manager, thats bull ****.

The remaster label was really just about putting NA back on the 1st generation Air Jordans and Nike doing their best to make the shoes look like they did back when they put NA on the shoes

Basically its Nikes way of saying "even though MJ dont give a 💩 about yall we'll sell you the shoe that looks almost just like the shoes MJ wore when he was playing so you cry babies can keep wishing you can be like Mike"
After you said,“you cry babies” I was going to clap back, but then I saw you’re a Cowboys fan so I felt bad for you after last night. :lol:

just kidding. 💪

The retro actually looks better style wise. That’s why they refer to them as “remastered”. They’re not supposed to look identical to the OG they’re meant to be a modern better version. Nike deserves a 10/10 for these.
Lol you heard it here first

Well, when you see the reimagined White Cement’s, I’m sure you’ll be wishing you got a second pair of these. 😂

I will admit if I’m wrong, but I think they will do something to them that I won’t like. Jordan Brand doesn’t have a great track record. We will see.
Yeah, totally possible. Good news is, it’s not like I can’t ever circle back around for another pair of these if need be.

They’re gonna have to do something really wacky to the WCs for me to not like them, as long as they’re using this latest shape and EP proportions. Some kind of seriously fundamental change like clear soles or making the uppers out of something other than regular white leather. Which is, as you say, never out of the question with these guys. I’m trying to stay optimistic …

The retro actually looks better style wise. That’s why they refer to them as “remastered”. They’re not supposed to look identical to the OG they’re meant to be a modern better version. Nike deserves a 10/10 for these.
i dont know about that man. if that was the case they would have used better cushioning and better materials than the og.

I mean this with all due respect and I’m not saying you’re wrong at all, but do you not think the 2022 version was created with better technology and specs than the 1988 version? You think Nike is working with less technology and specs now than they had back then?
No not really. There is no new technology in the retros. Maybe better craftsmanship, but even then we’ve seen the horror QC on retros.
Have you ever held an OG leather and compared it to todays retro (retro 13 toebox to OG 13 toebox)? Felt the softer midsole compare to the newer type midsoles?

You want new technology/specs, get the newer signature model! The 36 for example, beautiful shoe, and if you want to get technical is pretty much an update version of the 6 with new tech and specs.

:lol:I'm good for now, just going to stick with the one solid pair I got on Saturday. I don't really want to order a pair online and hope I'm happy with the QC. I know it's easy to return it if not, but after returning the other pair just now, I suddenly felt a wave of calmness take hold. I'm over it for now and happy with what I have. I'll load up more on the WCIIIs in 2023; I don't mind the "reimagined" idea that much, as long as they aren't over the top. WCs and Concords are my all-time 1A and 1B Js, always have been. I've never owned a single pair of WCs with NA on the heel so best believe I'm gonna go buck-wild on that one LOL

Might as well hold off for the Playoff Pips at this point. You know you're getting multis of THAT one.

Again, if we want to be technical and go by the Webster definition of “remastered”
Then we should consider the new line, like the 37 a true remaster shoe of the 7. With new tech and specs

Not sure if everyone will agree though.

Back
Top Bottom