Nike Air Jordan Retro 3 OG “Fire Red” 2022

Kinda curious now. When you guys talk about a higher elephant print vs. lower elephant print, are you guys talking about the height of the layer on the toebox? Does anyone have a picture of a high one vs low/lower one?
Yes, talking about how high the strip of EP comes up the toe. Look at pics of the last true blue or black/cement III retros and you'll see how much higher up the toe it goes. Some of those look like straight bootlegs compared to how most of these fire reds look.

Now that most of us have these in hand, what are your thoughts? One thing I will say is that I complained heavy about how thick the elephant print lines were before release, but my particular pair is pretty thin! Very happy about that! I don't have an OG pair, but I still feel that the grey could be darker based on OG pics I have seen. The 88 pair is 95% my favorite Jordan of all time, so I am excited to see if anyone does small tweaks we all can mimic to get them looking the way we want. SK8 the great mentioned putting baby oil on them to get it darker on IG, hahaha, not sure if that was a joke or not. But waiting to see someone else's results before trying anything, my bank account isn't set up like that....

IMG_9072.jpg
I put baby oil on the EP of my TBs it does make them a bit darker but it also does seem to fade over time. Key is to put some in a dish and then dip a toothbrush in, tap the brush to get as much oil off and then brush it in. Little bit at a time works way better than just putting globs on at a time.

I've been going a half size down in 3's and 4's for the past 10 years.
I could’ve gone a half size down in the Desert Elephants and Military Black 4s.

But definitely not in the Georgetown 3s and University Blue 4s. Half size down in the University Blues would’ve been suicide.

…might as well amputate my pinky toes.

Got my pair in from Champs today, love the shape but was really hoping for low elephant print. These are almost the same as the last bc3...tried coppin another pair on nbastore right now but its not letting me checkout smh
20220915_213351.jpg

The dude M martin2scla is an MVP. He pointed me to this store last night. Put my sz 11 in cart late last night LA time, and with the exchange rate and no tax charged, even with $14 shipping the total came out to $216. That's about $14 cheaper than retail + tax here in California. Pulled the trigger but expected them to cancel it today, since it's a Canadian store. Nope. Already have FedEx tracking that says they made it to Memphis already and will be here Monday. Thanks again, dude! Anyone doubting if this shop will actually ship them, I can verify it will.
Only risk is, they have these marked as final sale and no returns, so I'm praying this is a solid pair. But if not, I can unload them soon and get all my money back. Getting these for less than retail, even just $14, is as cheap as they're ever gonna get for me, I'm sure.
tried coppin another pair on nbastore right now but its not letting me checkout smh
First day in this thread, I see.

:rofl:

Looks like the perfect pairs era is over in here

The bar was set too high. Now people sending pairs back if they don't look like they were hand-crafted by Hephaestus: The god of design :lol:
I was too lazy to take pics, but mine were pretty bad. The mix and match pair now has 2 different EPs, but at they are now uniform and low. I can live with them now.

Ok I’m glad I’m not the only one who’s going through this, mines has been on preparing
shipment for days
CC2240A9-99BE-42B6-AA89-AA767D04C66F.jpeg
Honestly it's just now hitting me but this is EXACTLY what happened with the 2020 Fire Red 5 release. While it was due to covid rather than semi drivers pulling a Grand Theft Auto heist on Nike distribution center packages, the 5s also took like a month to finally get to people after ordering them on releasing day. Crazy to think it's already been 2 years since those times.

Nike been doing this for a while to be honest…I either get my **** damn near next day, or a month later 🤷‍♂️…It’s really been like this since the supply chain issues but I’m saying this “delay” is that shipping container heist…

Back
Top Bottom