Nike Air Jordan Retro 3 OG “Fire Red” 2022

Nike been doing this for a while to be honest…I either get my **** damn near next day, or a month later 🤷‍♂️…It’s really been like this since the supply chain issues but I’m saying this “delay” is that shipping container heist…
Y’all need to relax and go smoke something lol

the Georgetown 6s took over a week to ship so obviously Nike is having some delays

Got my pair in from Champs today, love the shape but was really hoping for low elephant print. These are almost the same as the last bc3...tried coppin another pair on nbastore right now but its not letting me checkout smh
20220915_213351.jpg
Damn that sucks. Unfortunately, the only that you’ll surely get a pair with low elephant print is to buy on eBay. Out of my 4 pairs, I got lucky with one having low elephant print.

Damn that sucks. Unfortunately, the only that you’ll surely get a pair with low elephant print is to buy on eBay. Out of my 4 pairs, I got lucky with one having low elephant print.
Yeah I figured I'd either have to buy multiples like that or check out ebay pics and buy there....I'm most likely just going to keep these and be done. That low cut looks too good tho!

Honestly it's just now hitting me but this is EXACTLY what happened with the 2020 Fire Red 5 release. While it was due to covid rather than semi drivers pulling a Grand Theft Auto heist on Nike distribution center packages, the 5s also took like a month to finally get to people after ordering them on releasing day. Crazy to think it's already been 2 years since those times.
Agreed, can’t believe the fire red 5s retrod OVER TWO YEARS AGO!! Time flies when ur wearing some classic AJ’s :smokin

Y’all need to relax and go smoke something lol

the Georgetown 6s took over a week to ship so obviously Nike is having some delays

I’m not sweating it :lol:…Both my pairs are already in my stacks…Just commenting on the ~Nike hasn’t shipped my shoes yet~ posts is all…Nike been hit or miss with timely shipping fora while…

my SNKRS pair arrived yesterday. from a quick look in hand, it seems the elephant print isn't that much lower than my BC3 from 2018, but the toe shape has more of a slope and a lower height than the BC3. overall a nice retro, but far from perfect in quality. my left side has a bit of rotation in the elephant print so the medial side is higher than the lateral side. the leather isn't the greatest and not as nice as the DE3. but that booty view is just so classic. perhaps I'm too picky at this stage of my life.

They can put it all together if they wanted to. They def choose not to.
THIS THIS THIS THIS!
I was asking about this on IG, I think to the Scollard guy in fact lol, and he basically said that WE (consumers that aren't in the know) don't know all of the nuances that go into making a sneaker, and that it isn't as easy as we think it should be, its much more complicated....

I think that is bull****. Its 2022, they should be able to create the shoe to look exactly how they want and how WE want. They can clearly get the height of the ep toe box similar to OGs, whats the problem? 100% agree that they purposely choose not to do it "right". - End Rant

I’m confused, is the low cut regarding the height of the EP up the toe? Is thin EP the thickness of the black lines that make up the EP? Just curious.

As mentioned "low" cut EP is referring to the toe. OG's had low. For decades NIKE made this detail very high on the toe. With these Fire Reds they're back to somewhat low.

"Thin" EP does refer to the boldness/thickness of the actual lines of the EP. NIKE has been butchering this vital feature pretty much since the OG's in 88, with some exceptions on random pairs.

You can see the difference here especially in slide #2 & #3. Bold EP looks so bad IMO.

As mentioned "low" cut EP is referring to the toe. OG's had low. For decades NIKE made this detail very high on the toe. With these Fire Reds they're back to somewhat low.

"Thin" EP does refer to the boldness/thickness of the actual lines of the EP. NIKE has been butchering this vital feature pretty much since the OG's in 88, with some exceptions on random pairs.

You can see the difference here especially in slide #2 & #3. Bold EP looks so bad IMO.

if we are talking about the actual print, it's not even close. the og version was much more subtle and natural appearing

THIS THIS THIS THIS!
I was asking about this on IG, I think to the Scollard guy in fact lol, and he basically said that WE (consumers that aren't in the know) don't know all of the nuances that go into making a sneaker, and that it isn't as easy as we think it should be, its much more complicated....

I think that is bull****. Its 2022, they should be able to create the shoe to look exactly how they want and how WE want. They can clearly get the height of the ep toe box similar to OGs, whats the problem? 100% agree that they purposely choose not to do it "right". - End Rant

That guy is full of ****. Its all about the money and theyd make less profit if they dedicated more time and resources in to getting the sneakers right. I understand from a business point, but don’t want to try and be fed bull**** that the little nuances are the reason.

The height talk is dumb after that comparison above (barely a difference in those two at least), I do agree on the thin EP because that thin stuff looks so much better to me as well.

The height talk is dumb after that comparison above (barely a difference in those two at least),

Who was specifically talking about EP "toe height" regarding the particular above IG post? :nerd: Or are you just saying in general.

Back
Top Bottom