Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

I'm going off social media (instagram,snapchat, twitter, tumblr), sneaker sites, this forum. It just seems to be more people talking about these than the 12's. I personally like the both.

That's because the xii's moment have passed now that we are in June and their guerilla marketing is through Facebook and other social media nowadays.

Pretty sure once it's sold, we'll see articles talking bout how bred I is the "shoe that start it all" and when it's near the xmas holidays, articles bout 'space jam xi' as mike's and tinkers favourite xi color way or some **** liek that.

That's because the xii's moment have passed now that we are in June and their guerilla marketing is through Facebook and other social media nowadays.

Pretty sure once it's sold, we'll see articles talking bout how bred I is the "shoe that start it all" and when it's near the xmas holidays, articles bout 'space jam xi' as mike's and tinkers favourite xi color way or some **** liek that.
makes sense

I hate to sound like an ol' Fart, but I really do miss the days when Jordan / Nike would do ads on mags and tv, I still remember seeing the old xi ad, and was blown away by the simplicity of it, just the shoe, a Nike tick, and a phone number. ******* hate how marketing is done on social media, it's like some hidden agenda ********s and make me sceptical I'm reading articles these days.

I hate to sound like an ol' Fart, but I really do miss the days when Jordan / Nike would do ads on mags and tv, I still remember seeing the old xi ad, and was blown away by the simplicity of it, just the shoe, a Nike tick, and a phone number. ******* hate how marketing is done on social media, it's like some hidden agenda ********s and make me sceptical I'm reading articles these days.

Is it the shoes?

Nothing against the shoes, they are fine. If I can get it for retail, and I have the spare funds then, I'd pick it up. If not, I won't sweat it either since I have other bigger priorities like paying for the bills etc now that I have 3 kids. I just hate the way these shoes are being marketed, making them exclusive and hard to cop, and then you'd read stories like kids getting shot at, robbed and ****.

Nothing against the shoes, they are fine. If I can get it for retail, and I have the spare funds then, I'd pick it up. If not, I won't sweat it either since I have other bigger priorities like paying for the bills etc now that I have 3 kids. I just hate the way these shoes are being marketed, making them exclusive and hard to cop, and then you'd read stories like kids getting shot at, robbed and ****.

Hopefully you understood my "is it the shoes?" reference especially considering the fact that you liked how Nike used to market their products.

Man that last picture really seals it for me, this is shaping up to be one of, if not the top retro of 2016 for me, banned 1s and true blues may say otherwise though. These'll look great when the soles turn that gold hue.

Well, you're not out! :lol: Safe to say they are coming with those. I guarantee it.

Last edited:

Nike tick :rofl:

pics are solid.. looking forward to this release 
nthat.gif

Back
Top Bottom