Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

I don't recall what the White Metallic NT thread was like but I feel like that was a really really good retro too. The leather is awesome! The rest of the details were perfect too. That was a really good retro.
It was def an underrated shoe for sure. One of my favorites

Reactions: ARK
Sold my one pair off earlier this year. Didn't feel like I could pull them off like I used too, looked clunky or something . Great retro though for sure.

when i stuff my toebox cuz there’s extra space. i notice the top becomes little straighter imo

besides my true shoe/sneaker size is 11. i half size up in jordans. nike tts

Last edited by a moderator:
ya the white metallics were a nice quality retro... i sold my pair because they were just too plain and i didnt wear them much... it also didnt help that i had a lot of 5s in my collection too so was trying to trim down really

Sold my one pair off earlier this year. Didn't feel like I could pull them off like I used too, looked clunky or something . Great retro though for sure.

That's how I feel. Shoe is amazing to look at but it doesn't look right on my feet.

Even though they don’t have the 1990 Durabuck, It’s not even produced anymore since 1999, so I guess you weren’t going to be satisfied anyway? The 3m looks different, but the shine/flash effect, which is what I thought the tongue had 3m for in the first place, is the brightest it has been for 16 years since the 2000 retro pair.

Dude, I was just expressing why I didn't buy them. I don't care WHY they supposedly don't have the OG durabuck. The fact of the matter is, they don't look the same to me without it. I didn't set out to not "be satisfied anyway," it just turned out that way. I'm not bashing the shoe whatsoever, it is a good retro. I wouldn't be upset to own a pair, and I'm not bashing anyone who likes this release. There are just a couple small things about it that made it easy for me to say, you know what, I'm saving my money on this one.

Dude, I was just expressing why I didn't buy them. I don't care WHY they supposedly don't have the OG durabuck. The fact of the matter is, they don't look the same to me without it. I didn't set out to not "be satisfied anyway," it just turned out that way. I'm not bashing the shoe whatsoever, it is a good retro. I wouldn't be upset to own a pair, and I'm not bashing anyone who likes this release. There are just a couple small things about it that made it easy for me to say, you know what, I'm saving my money on this one.

He thinks that people don't know when in actuality some of us do. He didn't know most of this information until he joined NT, same for me as well. The thing about him is that he continually talks about stuff some us already know. For example, when a photo of a pair of shoes from the shoe websites and pages are unauthorized or not.

He thinks that people don't know when in actuality some of us do. He didn't know most of this information until he joined NT, same for me as well. The thing about him is that he continually talks about stuff some us already know. For example, when a photo of a pair of shoes from the shoe websites and pages are unauthorized or not.
You don’t know what i know. I joined NT in 2014. I’ve been into kicks including owning many for much longer than that. Most of what I know I knew much before that. You’re projecting bro.

You really can't find a lot of flaws with this. I had the 07 retro and they fell apart right on time, which made me cop these. I think these are def better than those, and I liked those.
I agree... but the ONE nitpick is these things are bricks. They're not really even close to the OG shape anywhere on the shoe, and they are a lot heavier looking than any previous black V retro.

I know a lotta people don't notice that stuff (or care) but again if you were around for the OG you just can't help by notice.

u16bzzfe3i7r8aqadzuc_wg5sss.jpg

jordan v-768rih.jpg

air-jordan-5-og-metallic_02_result.jpg

s-l300.jpg

I agree... but the ONE nitpick is these things are bricks. They're not really even close to the OG shape anywhere on the shoe, and they are a lot heavier looking than any previous black V retro.

I know a lotta people don't notice that stuff (or care) but again if you were around for the OG you just can't help by notice.

u16bzzfe3i7r8aqadzuc_wg5sss.jpg
The two retros you posted are UA, one being from swishsupply I think. The retail pairs weren’t drastically better, but it depends on the pair. My pair was actually decent and didn’t have the gargantuan tongue some pairs did. I like the shape more than the 2006 grey 5s i have. The new toe box is a little higher though
294C1B23-EB0C-4D5D-B3C1-55C5ABCFFAE0.jpeg
7C0F1018-A6B8-421A-A289-AC246D4451AA.jpeg

Last edited:
Those inserts they’v been putting in the 4s and 5s make them look crazy. I always toss mine immediately

I don’t think a retro will ever surpass an OG for many. I think the 1994 retro 2 and 3 perfected their original designs. I can’t say that too loudly around here though.

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with liking the OG, and nothing wrong with liking newer retros as well. What makes this all wrong is when someone gets flamed for their opinion either way. Remember a lot of us in here arent material experts and dont care when things got changed as far as shape and types of material goes. So its rediculous to show reasons with pics to prove someone else is wrong in their own thinking. Some may like other past retros more than others. If we want to continue to harp on peoples opinions about past retros, we are wasting our time because NONE of them are true to their OG form. Everyone has their own opinion thoughts and feels toward certain models, why cant it just stay that way?.
While Im on it, calling a shoe trash is funny to me. Especially if said person never actually had and or worn that shoe ever before. A lot of peoples opinions and thoughts are based on what others have said before them. Some just repeat what they have already read or heard. Just because its on the internet, dont make it gospel. I swear if a reputable utuber said OG 6s were trash, several would believe it.

Nothing wrong with liking the OG, and nothing wrong with liking newer retros as well. What makes this all wrong is when someone gets flamed for their opinion either way. Remember a lot of us in here arent material experts and dont care when things got changed as far as shape and types of material goes. So its rediculous to show reasons with pics to prove someone else is wrong in their own thinking. Some may like other past retros more than others. If we want to continue to harp on peoples opinions about past retros, we are wasting our time because NONE of them are true to their OG form. Everyone has their own opinion thoughts and feels toward certain models, why cant it just stay that way?.
While Im on it, calling a shoe trash is funny to me. Especially if said person never actually had and or worn that shoe ever before. A lot of peoples opinions and thoughts are based on what others have said before them. Some just repeat what they have already read or heard. Just because its on the internet, dont make it gospel. I swear if a reputable utuber said OG 6s were trash, several would believe it.

This is the problem with the entire JB forum and makes it unbearable to even read, let alone post most times. In some cases, people argue over shoes that they've only seen pictures of and haven't even held them in hand. It's crazy.

Picked up 2 pairs back in 2016 and keep one on ice. Definitely an appreciated shoe for me since I first discovered these on the feet of MJ on the cover of Michael Jordan's Playground VHS tape. Back then, I couldn't afford them but they were and still are one of the top tier model/colorways in Jordan's playing era of all time. Might wear my pair today actually.

From what I’ve observed since about 2011 is that the price on these doesn’t get as high as the OG 3s 4s or 6s. I see these caping off at $300-$350 maybe over the next 10 years.

been wearing my pair a lot the last couple weeks. crazy, between these and my bc3s i usually always go with my 5s

Back
Top Bottom