Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

Black Metallic’s are my #1 Jordan of all time. I really hope they dial in the tongue for the next release, no more plastic bubble over-sized tongue please.

Yea, the tongue on the recent V’s is too much. Comparing them to my DS 2000 black/cement that I still need to get restored.

IMG_4282.jpeg

Ive probably posted this far too many times but the most recent retro was a BRICK compared to what they originally were. Some, but very few, people even notice.

Foot-Locker-Air-Jordan-5-Retro-OG-Black-Metallic-Silver-2.jpg

air-jordan-v-og-black-black-metallic-silver-metallic.jpg

aj5.png

aj52.png
Can’t say enough of how important it is to get the shape right on some of these retros. The whole visual aesthetic is completely different without the right shape and attention to details. The retro compared to the og is like a whole different shoe! You can see in the upcoming AMM Collab, that AMM know that the ankle padding is supposed to be much slimmer like the og. JB, beside the shape and padding, need to recreate the old mesh that doesn’t yellow and breakdown like the og. You can still buy the og and the mesh has barely yellowed and hasn't even cracked. Thats crazy quality compared to what they do with the retros. I passed on the retro because JB just cannot get this retro right. Maybe if were lucky, we’d get something halfway decent with a reimagined version. Probably not though….

I hate the 2016s.. last good retro was the 06 and the next best thing were the Top 3's.. if you own Top 3's they feel EXACTLY like a V should.
I personally love my '16 Metallics but the Top 3s definitely got it right. The tongue is the right height, the ankle collars actually felt cushioned rather than like they're full of air, and the durabuck used on them seemed a bit softer too. I remember the upper being less stiff during the first wear compared to my '16 Metallics. Wish I still had them honestly but had to let em go when I was strapped for cash.

I personally love my '16 Metallics but the Top 3s definitely got it right. The tongue is the right height, the ankle collars actually felt cushioned rather than like they're full of air, and the durabuck used on them seemed a bit softer too. I remember the upper being less stiff during the first wear compared to my '16 Metallics. Wish I still had them honestly but had to let em go when I was strapped for cash.
The top 3 also had the correct 23 font for the first time on a retro. Would’ve been a great shoe if they had a reflective silver tongue rather than purple.

Back
Top Bottom