Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

Still over 2 months out.. :smh: I'm just ready for em to drop already. Nike/JB will butcher em one way or another but at least they'll be better than the '11s. I'll grab my 2+ pairs and keep it moving.. Been waiting too long for a pair w/o the "23" and NA is the icing. The nostalgia is at record levels.

Nikebuck Durabuck or whateverthebuck...just not this. 

View media item 2022463
Real Durabuck is Ashy Larry's long lost twin. It's like chalk, which is why I hate it.

They did a service putting it out of production and replacing it with the Durabuck we all know today. Now when will they stop using ashy nubuck?

Last edited:
Nikebuck Durabuck or whateverthebuck...just not this. 

View media item 2022463
Real Durabuck is Ashy Larry's long lost twin. It's like chalk, which is why I hate it.

They did a service putting it out of production and replacing it with the Durabuck we all know today. Now when will they stop using ashy nubuck?

Aren't you fighting a battle thats been "won" decades ago? I haven't seen OG early 90's Durabuck since i was 6 years old :lol:

2006 materials please..thats it.

Aren't you fighting a battle thats been "won" decades ago? I haven't seen OG early 90's Durabuck since i was 6 years old
laugh.gif

2006 materials please..thats it.
Yeeeee
The battle isn't finished tho, ashy larry nubuck runs wild.

Last edited:
They aren't going to give us anything ashy. They have us nikebuck for the Bordeaux and aquas. If you need some reassurance, look at the nike preview pics

So, just to clarify in order of decreasing ashiness.

Current Durabuck/Nikebuck > Nubuck > OG Durabuck

So, just to clarify in order of decreasing ashiness.

Current Durabuck/Nikebuck > Nubuck > OG Durabuck
Let me stop you right there my friend, the current durabuck Nike is using doesn't get ashy. Example, the Black, Bordeaux, Light Graphite, and Midnight Fog 7s.

I think the only people who care about yellowing soles are the people who want everything perfect and resellers.

Absolutely not true imo. I clean my clear soles after each wear and try hard to keep em clean. Thats cuz i like the clear sole look. The same reason i bought the shoe with a clear sole.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom