Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

Nike controlling such a large share of the market is a recent development. You think they were the number shoe and apparel brand forever.

Considering Reebok and Adidas are retroing what came out in the 80's and 90's that should lead you to believe, what?

Why don't you google. I have nothing to prove to you. You should want to educate yourself so you won't repeat some of your previous comments.

Once again, please show me what data supports your statement-if you are actually unable to defend your statements, maybe you shouldn't make them instead of saying "google it."

EDIT: Here is some HBS data for you to deny showing major athletic-wear brands market share in the 1990s-can you see where Nike, Adidas and Reebok are?

View media item 2250733

Didn't he say bigger competition and not bigger brands than Nike?

No that is exactly why a lot of sneakerheads are moving to runners like adidas. The new sneakerheads just want what is more valued even if they don't like it. THe hype. Nothings is wrong with that but im a jordan guy and since they are easy accesible, its so awesome. I wonder if space jams will be as easy as the true blues. Jordan brand is smart as hell, they definitely know what theyre doing.

Exactly. Let Kanye do a Walmart exclutline and see how many people line up for them.

Let me tell you how stupid people are honestly. I bought 2 3DS Nintendos for my kids, $99 MSRP, only available on Black Friday. Now they don't want them so I put them on eBay. They sold for $170 each just because they were limited. Right now you can get a 3DS XL for $190 with a bigger screen and a bundled game. People see limited and they freak out...gotta have it.

Exactly. Let Kanye do a Walmart exclutline and see how many people line up for them.

Let me tell you how stupid people are honestly. I bought 2 3DS Nintendos for my kids, $99 MSRP, only available on Black Friday. Now they don't want them so I put them on eBay. They sold for $170 each just because they were limited. Right now you can get a 3DS XL for $190 with a bigger screen and a bundled game. People see limited and they freak out...gotta have it.

This has always been the case though-remember Tickle Me Elmo in 1996? People would take up ads in the classified section of the local newspapers to sell them lol

Reebok and Adidas were definitely stronger back then as well as Fila. Nike wasn't the only player in the basketball shoe game. Adidas always sold relatively well (especially their classics), but just recently have become this phenomenon. Nike was the dominant brand though but getting a pair of Reeboks instead wasn't something to be embarrassed about in school. They had some fresh designs back then.

How bout instead of trying to fry people on the interwebs you show them up by showing the kicks you got lol a lot of folks on here with a weak rotation got a lot to say bout someone they ain't meet I just appreciate Jays I ain't know there were folks on here trying to show off with no substance
if that's indirectly at me, your can see some of my old collection pics in my profile from like a year or 2 ago

I just find it comical that 

1. The argument is still going

2. Trying to use Jordan 2 as a base for his argument 
laugh.gif

Adidas is only relevant right now because of Yeezys, just like Jordan Brand put billions in Nike's pocket. We should just enjoy the competition cause we are all benefiting from it.

Once again, please show me what data supports your statement-if you are actually unable to defend your statements, maybe you shouldn't make them instead of saying "google it."

EDIT: Here is some HBS data for you to deny showing major athletic-wear brands market share in the 1990s-can you see where Nike, Adidas and Reebok are?

View media item 2250733

You seem to have a comprehension problem

Do Adidas and Under Armour control that much of the sneaker industry?

20 and 15%?

bigger as in bigger than what they are now. More market share.

And Converse wasn't part of Nike

Last edited:

View media item 2250733

1994 through 1996 seemed huge, what happened?

Jordan retires, retros start, MJ comes back, concords.

Nike owes this dude everything. And Tinker. The real CEOs

Last edited:
So I just removed the insole on mine and noticed a grip of mold on the footbed and on the bottom of the insole. I wear them on the regular and always air them out in my bedroom. I don't hoop in them, just regular everyday casual wear.

Anyone else experience this?

Back
Top Bottom